Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 5

gregzagk

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite being bowled over by blue i have to say that this operation blue flag has been an absolute blast and i loved every minute of it :D (even the minutes where i realized i didn't load up on missiles after flying for an hour in a Ka50)

Even the minutes where we get wrecked by some F-15 that found us in the mountains? :megalol:

Blue Flag is a dream come true to be honest. 60 player online dynamic campaign with multiple types of air craft and missions + controllers that direct the chaos... if i told my 10 year old Falcon 4.0 playing self about whats to come, he would pass out lol

I just hope it keeps improving. Its the best online experience DCS has to offer, and has room to get even better. Keep up the good work.

All of that assuming the servers are up in the first place :smilewink:

• Like 1

So i think Round 5 is over. GG Guys. There is many Stuff that has to be changed for BF6. Bf5 was for me like a Downgrade from the Last Blue Flag Missions. Today we tryed to capture a Farp,Blue spawned in seconds new choppers and defended it with the choppers from the ground -> They lost no lives when we killed them. We had no chance to capture it. A Bug destroyed some Minutes ago nearly all our Bases.Where are the Tanks and all this Stuff from the Last Campaign?

It's the 5th round and yet there are the same posts :D

Whatever is valid for you (Red in that case) is valid for the other players and side. So if Blue capture FARPS and Reds recaptured them hundred of times during this round then it's not impossible at all.

The truth is, that comes out everytime from the reports and logs, that both sides have their chances and that the normal time of each round is around ~6 days.

The total score is 2-2 for Red and Blue during the previous rounds.

Each round is won by various circumstances such as player/squadrons availability, concentration, good decisions, server stability etc. Both sides have great pilots and squadrons but some of them may be unavailable at times or can't join the server etc.

I am amazed that you see this map status and say that the round ended. It's quite possible it ends but Reds and Blue side overcomed many times from situations like that.

For example there were times that Red guys took over all the east airbases in just a morning after the Blue assault. I remember my self talking with guys and coordinating the counter attack.

Of course in this round we have the fuel variable which complicates things and gets it more dynamic.

So I think it's better to try having a nice time, coordinate with your guys, laugh and prepare for the next when you lose & enjoy more when you win :)

* When I wrote about side changes I just ment that time to time some guys or squadrons request to change coalition and that it will still happen in the next rounds.

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

I will just say that last night's battle for the Mykop FARP was a really great experience...

And congratulations to the BLUE side on their hard AAA/SAM deployment "get to tha choppa" work...

There were times when 3 or 4 RED SEAD/AG aircraft attacked the FARP together with 2-3 fighters covering and they still managed to re-spawn and defend with frikkin choppaz...

And of course, great kudos to the RED FAC/GCI, it all made much more sense with your voice in the air...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

I would say now is a great time for a RED sneak attack deep into enemy territory... But I'm BLUE and biasied. It's not over yet! :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

And of course, great kudos to the RED FAC/GCI, it all made much more sense with your voice in the air...

Appreciated.

Since this is my first BlueFlag, I won´t pretend I know how the dynamic plays out. I barely know half of the mechanics despite looking through the SOP five times.

Let´s just say that even when getting rolled over during the main-hours US time, I had my fun. I especially had fun when I jumped into GCI yesterday, saw the situation, started throwing BRAs around and kicked Blue ass all the way back to MinVody XD

The Server being down for multiple hours is annoying, but I know it´s nothing we can quickly fix. It´s as annoying for blue as it is for Red.

I will make some suggestions to the staff tho and I will fight to the bitter end. It´s not over yet.

Red Organization prior to BF5 seems to have been an issue, and I will try to work on that a bit. We can´t really change the location people live.

I learned alot and will implement it in future rounds.

Bluefor, expect a much better organised and working force next time....hopefully XD

Thanks to everyone who worked on this and attended, it has been an honor so far.

Hat´s off, blues, let´s see how this ends.

Edited by Chrinik

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

I would say now is a great time for a RED sneak attack deep into enemy territory... But I'm BLUE and biasied. It's not over yet! :)

I have been planning this, the biggest problem is that helicopters have waaaay too much flight time.

Honestly, if there is one change that could happend then it should be that helicopters can spawn at any airfield in sufficient quantities. It's a bit silly that the south coast has no helicopter spawns except in PAK1 for REDFOR. Not sure how blufor is limited in this, I think you guys can spawn at guadata(not sure though).

Anyway, that might be the helo pilot inside of me talking.

Red were coordinated. We saw a lot of period where Red were outnumbered 1:2 and still managed to be capturing stuff.

Thing is :

1/ Blue outnumbered the Red by 1:2 to 1:3, half of the gaming period.

2/ Blue have clustered AFB/Towns. Whatever you capture, is a 10min ride for them. Red, in the other hand, has 30 min ride to recap any airfield.

3/ Clustered objective mean heavy SAM coverage. While you can pick a lone Mozdok without problem, Try to approach Tbilisi :D

4/ For some reason, Blue can spawn Su-25T at Nalchik. That mean Mozdok and Min'vody SAM are quite useless, they can spam SEAD missiles.

5/ We had a nice daily exchange of airfield in the east. Until red were unable to recap due to being blocked out of server during russian period.

Just putting my two cents against bragging.

Actually, i am happy that Blue are making progress. That mean we'll change area. Flying 1h to get a mi-8 at Sukhumi was getting boring :D

Based on this, I think we should revise the gameplay. Instead of dreaming of a balanced = static = boring gameplay, we should stop trying to even the team and make a "Advance and Capture" gameplay.

Red get most airfield and has to defend them for a certain amount of days, while Blue get a more potent invasion force, and need to cap the map during the gaming period. An Asymmetric gameplay...

Some Sugestions from my Site:

-Pilots should lose their Life even when they are on a friendly airfield and die there,like the choppers yesterday.

-Bring something new,maybe a awacs or a tanker for both sites.

-Let the Su25T with only Fuel Tanks be a Fuel Tanker for the Eastern Airfields,its not normal to fly this great distance 2 or 3 times to refuel this airbase.And than you as the Chopper Pilot has to land on the Fuelbunkers and fuel it by your own inside the Bunker... I landed directly nearby a Fuel Truck. Why do i have to fly to the Fuel Bunker? On a RL Airfield would be a ground crew to bring it there.

-Maybe Suply Convoys,they are slow but can be attacked even with the Gun from the Su25t or A10. Would be good if there are no chopper Pilots are online.

-What is with all this Ground Vehicles from the Old Blueflag? Like Tanks and this Stuff? Where are the Shorads?

-And maybe switch the Sites. Let Red start from the right and Blue from the left.

At the Moment Blueflag is for me like a Round Warthunder Arcade. Fly to an airfield,land on the Airfield and its yours.There should be more on the Ground.

What is a man if he loses his homeland? We, the pilots, must fly and take the first and the strongest impact of the aggressor on ourselves so we could save at least one child in this country.

Major Zoran Radosavljevic *26.02.1965 +26.03.1999

Legenda si bio, legenda ostao...

Red were coordinated. We saw a lot of period where Red were outnumbered 1:2 and still managed to be capturing stuff.

Thing is :

1/ Blue outnumbered the Red by 1:2 to 1:3, half of the gaming period.

2/ Blue have clustered AFB/Towns. Whatever you capture, is a 10min ride for them. Red, in the other hand, has 30 min ride to recap any airfield.

3/ Clustered objective mean heavy SAM coverage. While you can pick a lone Mozdok without problem, Try to approach Tbilisi :D

4/ For some reason, Blue can spawn Su-25T at Nalchik. That mean Mozdok and Min'vody SAM are quite useless, they can spam SEAD missiles.

5/ We had a nice daily exchange of airfield in the east. Until red were unable to recap due to being blocked out of server during russian period.

Just putting my two cents against bragging.

Actually, i am happy that Blue are making progress. That mean we'll change area. Flying 1h to get a mi-8 at Sukhumi was getting boring :D

Based on this, I think we should revise the gameplay. Instead of dreaming of a balanced = static = boring gameplay, we should stop trying to even the team and make a "Advance and Capture" gameplay.

Red get most airfield and has to defend them for a certain amount of days, while Blue get a more potent invasion force, and need to cap the map during the gaming period. An Asymmetric gameplay...

I would actually like to see the next round with BLUFOR being purely US/NATO aircraft and REDFOR being purely Russian aircraft. it might make it a bit more interesting

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Pilots should lose their Life even when they are on a friendly airfield and die there,like the choppers yesterday.

Helicopters start ON. Sometime, your heli already flipped over while you were loading the cockpit, sometime, they are bug which make you goes BOOM without reason.

-Bring something new,maybe a awacs or a tanker for both sites.

Awacs and tankers were bugged, unsure if that has been fixed.

-Let the Su25T with only Fuel Tanks be a Fuel Tanker for the Eastern Airfields,its not normal to fly this great distance 2 or 3 times to refuel this airbase.And than you as the Chopper Pilot has to land on the Fuelbunkers and fuel it by your own inside the Bunker... I landed directly nearby a Fuel Truck. Why do i have to fly to the Fuel Bunker? On a RL Airfield would be a ground crew to bring it there.

Agree :) Fuel supply is definitively a pain. We discussed about the same su25 cargo idea in TS yesterday.

-Maybe Suply Convoys,they are slow but can be attacked even with the Gun from the Su25t or A10. Would be good if there are no chopper Pilots are online.

Moving unit make server unstable. It can work for small maps, but at this level it's too much.

-What is with all this Ground Vehicles from the Old Blueflag? Like Tanks and this Stuff? Where are the Shorads?

Ground unit impact server stability

-And maybe switch the Sites. Let Red start from the right and Blue from the left.

Could be fun

At the Moment Blueflag is for me like a Round Warthunder Arcade. Fly to an airfield,land on the Airfield and its yours.There should be more on the Ground.

Agree.... but netcode limitation..... :/

mfw Redfor complains about teamstacking

mfw Redfor outnumbers Blufor 3:1

mfw Redfor can't capture a farp 60nmi from their nearest fighter base despite the teamstack

mfw Redfor loses a city in the process

As Greg mentioned previous and I've brought up in every Blue Flag I've flown in, at the end of the day, the number of hours each team clocks is relatively similar.

It was decided that even with things being similar in number of hours clocked, maybe the slammer was too strong, so they removed the slammer.

Even with the slammer taken out it was decided that Blue would spam too many aircraft as we were fielding 20% more airframes than Red, so they cut the pilots lives in half.

I imagine XCOM and Greg have looked at the distances between the bases, towns and farps and the availiable aircraft at those fields and found them to be balanced for both sides. If they haven't then good job because I have and I know they are. Some areas Blue gets like a 15nmi short distance and similarly with Red. So the map is relatively well balanced and it's not like they can move airfields around.

I don't quite know what more you want to have done?

Edited by IASGATG

mfw Redfor can't capture a farp 60nmi from their nearest fighter base despite the teamstack

As Greg mentioned previous and I've brought up in every Blue Flag I've flown in, at the end of the day, the number of hours each team clocks is relatively similar.

It was decided that even with things being similar in number of hours clocked, maybe the slammer was too strong, so they removed the slammer.

Even with the slammer taken out it was decided that Blue would spam too many aircraft as we were fielding 20% more airframes than Red, so they cut the pilots lives in half.

I imagine XCOM and Greg have looked at the distances between the bases, towns and farps and the availiable aircraft at those fields and found them to be balanced for both sides. If they haven't then good job because I have and I know they are. Some areas Blue gets like a 15nmi short distance and similarly with Red. So the map is relatively well balanced and it's not like they can move airfields around.

I don't quite know what more you want to have done?

So if evrythign is balanced,you would have nothing against switching the Sites or?

What is a man if he loses his homeland? We, the pilots, must fly and take the first and the strongest impact of the aggressor on ourselves so we could save at least one child in this country.

Major Zoran Radosavljevic *26.02.1965 +26.03.1999

Legenda si bio, legenda ostao...

So if evrythign is balanced,you would have nothing against switching the Sites or?

I'm happy to have Blufor start North with Eagles with 20% fuel and have Redfor start South with Flankers with 0% fuel, yep!

Beyond the bullshit, I think unlimited helicopter pilot lives is dumb. But the only reason it was changed I recall was because Redfor was unhappy at the amount of pilot lives Blufor spammed. So the solution was to reduce it to 4 lives, Which is too few for the helicopter jocks.

The side which will not be able to comeback (for various reasons) in it's prime time, will get to the defensive.

That is how it worked so far.

Both sides coordinate but eventually one will lose in the end by a wrong move.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Well, redfor was at a disadvantage for the first 2 days in a 2:1 move, yesterday that flipped for a change.

If you reduce helicopter pilots to a limited amount of lives as well then expect to be completely out of fuel on the first day on most frontline airfields.

Besides, quite often we spawn into eachother at a few of the FARP's, so yeah. Fun fun fun.

8FxEa.gif

>mfw he tries to be the xtremeeee edgy kid at school and does not even know how mfw works or what it means.

I dont know why i actually waste my precious time to "counter" your arguments, but here we go.

Its not like they removed our ET and ER Missiles, which forces us to get into like 10km-Range to actually hit something. :megalol:

Beyond the bullshit, I think unlimited helicopter pilot lives is dumb. But the only reason it was changed I recall was because Redfor was unhappy at the amount of pilot lives Blufor spammed. So the solution was to reduce it to 4 lives, Which is too few for the helicopter jocks.
I dont really know why thats too few. If they are on the ground and die because of some stupid shitbug they dont loose a spawnpoint anyway, the moment they die in the air they deserve that death. Expecially if they take of for the 5th time in a row and use their doorgunners as AAA. :doh:

Oi, tally ho chap and dont forget your tea.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hold them off against all odds!

127. lae Majop Slobodan Tesanovic