Warthog AB detent - Push through mod?

DTWD

I recently purchased the push through mod made by Debolestis and I was very impressed. Apart from being slightly too thin (not a huge factor at all because the load from the throttles wants to move the part longitudinally and not laterally) the pressure and AB range feels great.

Awesome, just ordered this myself...for $11 after shipping, it's worth it for me to not have to waste time messing around with trying to shave the stock detent down, etc.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Hi, I can make different versions of this part or modify this one. Just let me know.

I've been using one for a few months now and haven't had any issues. Could use a little thicker "lip" at the front end that you bump into but otherwise I would say it works great.

You can see the difference in thickness here. http://imgur.com/Krs1Lr7Krs1Lr7

Edited by txmtb

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Hi, I can make different versions of this part or modify this one. Just let me know.

Could you make the lip on mine a little thicker, per the above post/recommendation?

Let me know if you need my order # and I will PM it to you...I can wait longer for delivery given my request. Let me know, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I've been using one for a few months now and haven't had any issues. Could use a little thicker "lip" at the front end that you bump into but otherwise I would say it works great.

You can see the difference in thickness here. http://imgur.com/Krs1Lr7Krs1Lr7

Can you help the designer to tell him which part you feel should be thicker? He's asking me (as I requested a modified piece based on your feedback) and I'm not 100% sure what you were suggesting. He has a few other requests that I can help him with, this one I am just unsure on and don't want to guess wrong. Thanks!

2c168b869ef7cd0c406e6764ac04c859.jpg

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

If somebody wants something modified on this part please let me know and draw your request on image above. It doesn't have to look pretty.

Same thing if you want it to have more detents or whatever. Keep in mind that I don't have Warthog throttle so I need some help with this.

Hi guys. I purchased debolestis detent mod and was just wondering if it's working properly. I still have to lift the throttles over the detent. Don't have to lift up as far but still have to lift. I was under the impression that if you just pushed a bit harder you could push past the detent without lifting. Maybe I don't have it installed right or I'm just wrong about pushing through the detent. Could someone shed some light? Thanks. Very nice part though. Arrived well packaged in a timely manner. Thanks again.

Maybe I don't have it installed right or I'm just wrong about pushing through the detent. Could someone shed some light?

I got my Debolestis detent mod just yesterday, and aside from being slightly too thin (which I fixed by sticking some paper next to it to thicken it), I don't have to lift the throttle to push it past the detent, and it's quite easy to push it past.

Which version did you get, the metal or the plastic one? Perhaps you'll want to double-check that it's seated properly, and compare it to the stock detent. The bottom part of the detent side should line up with the stock one, but the thickness of it should be halved.

Can you help the designer to tell him which part you feel should be thicker? He's asking me (as I requested a modified piece based on your feedback) and I'm not 100% sure what you were suggesting. He has a few other requests that I can help him with, this one I am just unsure on and don't want to guess wrong. Thanks!

2c168b869ef7cd0c406e6764ac04c859.jpg

It would be the Green part located in the far upper right. This is the actual detent that the throttle hits. The Shapeways one is about 1/2 the thickness of the stock one, which being thinner, allows the push through instead of lift required. Can't find my dang micrometer or would give actual dimensions. I would be curious to try one with that part half again as thick but not doubled.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Well guys, after checking for the third time if the part was properly seated, I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I guess I was just a bit timid about pushing on the throttles at the stop. Just a bit more force and it pushed through fine. I guess I just needed to hear that was how it was supposed to work. Sure works neat. Great service from Shapeways. Now, if we could just get DCS to allow us to set AB position in setup like we could in Falcon. Life would be sweet. Thanks all.

Well guys, after checking for the third time if the part was properly seated, I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I guess I was just a bit timid about pushing on the throttles at the stop. Just a bit more force and it pushed through fine. I guess I just needed to hear that was how it was supposed to work. Sure works neat. Great service from Shapeways. Now, if we could just get DCS to allow us to set AB position in setup like we could in Falcon. Life would be sweet. Thanks all.

Seems like a feature that would be so easy to add, incredible that they can't fold this into a patch sometime.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

• 4 weeks later...
It would be the Green part located in the far upper right. This is the actual detent that the throttle hits. The Shapeways one is about 1/2 the thickness of the stock one, which being thinner, allows the push through instead of lift required. Can't find my dang micrometer or would give actual dimensions. I would be curious to try one with that part half again as thick but not doubled.

Debo, has the design been updated? I will be traveling again until next week, but after that I can try to get the measurements for you...would be easier if someone else were able to provide them in the interim though.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Thought I had come back here to post but didn't. Still can't find my micrometer so will have to borrow one. Had a few other thoughts that we might consider also.

1. A slightly thicker one as we discussed above. And also maybe a rounded front on it to still alow a smooth push through?

2. One where the actual green detent part is shorter. The detent uses quite a bit of the throttle range and could probably be shortened to allow more regular throttle throw and still have enough for AB.

Thought I had come back here to post but didn't. Still can't find my micrometer so will have to borrow one. Had a few other thoughts that we might consider also.

1. A slightly thicker one as we discussed above. And also maybe a rounded front on it to still alow a smooth push through?

2. One where the actual green detent part is shorter. The detent uses quite a bit of the throttle range and could probably be shortened to allow more regular throttle throw and still have enough for AB.

No need to measure, I'll have Warthog throttle probably this week, and then I'll measure everything myself and make many different throttle mods.

No need to measure, I'll have Warthog throttle probably this week, and then I'll measure everything myself and make many different throttle mods.

This is incredibly good news, can't wait to pick some of them up! I'll stay tuned to this thread to see what you cook up.

A revised AB detent is a day 1 purchase for me, for sure.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Cool, I'll keep up here in case it doesn't come with the detent. They are optionally installed and not everyone runs one in the throttle.

• 2 weeks later...
Could someone please explain how to configure an afterburner point in the axis menu when it doesnt coincide with the one in the warthog?...I have no idea. Made this mod and works like a charm but most planes are off by a big margin except su27 and su33 which are surprisingly perfect...thanks a lot!

Check this thread:

TM Warthog A/B Detent curve

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=74365&share_tid=182299&url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Eeagle%2Eru%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D182299&share_type=t

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

The jet engine response to throttle position is almost by definition non-linear. You practically never get a simple "10% more thrust by moving the throttle by 10%"

If you think this curve prevents you from good formation flying, I've got bad news for you....

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Warthog AB detent - Push through mod?

My redesigned AB detent should be delivered today. I won't have a chance to fly tonight (it's my anniversary), but I will use it tomorrow when I get home from the office and post some initial thoughts up!

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

The jet engine response to throttle position is almost by definition non-linear. You practically never get a simple "10% more thrust by moving the throttle by 10%"

If you think this curve prevents you from good formation flying, I've got bad news for you....

Why?...linear response is the best for GENERAL accuracy...I find much better to have lower but SAME precission across the travel of any axis imput than having a point where precision is higher while other places (all the rest) its MUCH lower, apart from the problems introduced by the fact that its much harder for the brain to adjust to a non-linear response obviously...btw, I fly ALL planes with absolutelly ALL axes at linear response since I bought my warthog as its high res sensors allow me to make that and not only dont have any issue but AMAZING precision because I know that moving the stick this much leads to proportional response in the plane...of course this can be done only with high res devices :)

Take a look at my MODS here