DCS World environmental shaders mod

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are you liking the updated clouds Lizzard?

I've recently beefed up their mass to make them look a little bit more cloud-like and also enabled stuff like anisotropic filtering and BlendOP = ADD function to the cloud imposter shader (makes all the surrounding clouds blend in with each other a bit better IMO) and to finish it off I've tinkered with the luminance of the dark and bright sides of the clouds further.

Seeing them at dusk is pretty too

Nkg7vED.jpg

i'm also pleased with the changes to the fog effects, i was never really happy with the way the sky handled the fog when it was present, it somehow screwed with the whole colour palette the further in altitude you gained - now we can that bluer skies have returned with greater radiance

LJLddKx.jpg

AioTcwp.jpg

Ch9orjM.jpg

zXcsYJ4.jpg

Edited by Mustang
  • Like 2

Mustang you`re a machine..The clouds are great..for me your mod pulls out the best that DCS can be...your mod combined with SweetFX and a decent Terrain Mod make DCS look crazy good! I can`t thank you enough!:worthy::D

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

Wow, this mod gets better with each update. "Edge" will really have a hard time to beat this wonderful work. Thanks again mate and Rep inbound!

CPU: i9 9900K@5GHz

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC

HMD: Valve Index

RAM: 32Gb G-Skill 3200MHz DDR4

HOTAS: Thrustmaster TPR Pedals + Thrustmaster Warthog

Wow, this mod gets better with each update. "Edge" will really have a hard time to beat this wonderful work. Thanks again mate and Rep inbound!

EDGE surpasses anything i tinker with, i know this as a fact and it drives me to make this older engine look better, kinda like a 'last hurrah' before EDGE comes to us all ;)

• Like 2

WOW!

And i repeat.. WHY THE HELL THIS IS NOT IN VANILLA INSTALL ? AND WHY WE DONT HAVE SOME OF THOSE BETTER TEXTURE MODS IN VANILLA ?

ED , DO YOU HEAR ? :D

-haukka81

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey as I said in TS3, with the modification of the graphics.lua I couldn't see Stars in the A10C at night. When I put on my NVG I could see them, but not without.

I changed the graphics.lua back and can see them again, anyone else got this in the A10-C/other planes?

If not, could this be something that conflicts with my other Mods?

- Clouds & Sky complete v5.08

- DCS SweetFX 151

- Devrim_DCSWBS2_RicardoHDcockpit_v2

- DTAC Terrain + Highways Villages (!)

- English Cues (HUD Shkval PUI800)

- MoreVisibility v1.2 (!) Uses a different graphics.lua I think, which I edited of course.

- RAE_MOD (RWR)

- Ranger79s Mod Pack 1.2

- Snoopy Weapon Repaint v1.0

can you modify the exhaust blur shader so that it doesn't fade off at 230~ish knots :) :joystick:

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

can you modify the exhaust blur shader so that it doesn't fade off at 230~ish knots :) :joystick:

yeah, would be awesome to see at higher speed and at idle engine thrust on the ground as well but i think it's not a shader but a dat or bin file in Bazar\Effects\EXHAUST folder or a hardcoded calculation in a dll file :(

sign-pic4.jpg

Hello Mustang,

I have one question concerning this screenshot, please is it possible to have your setup for obtain the same result ?

NcjhojT.jpg

A great thanks again and congratulation for this awesome Mod.

Bye, Skull.

These .fx modifications are a progression from the original cloud shader mod, they now encompass the sky, clouds, terrain etc - be aware that this mod gets regular updates as new discoveries/tweaks are made!

See attachment below, installation is pretty straight forward - just unrar the package and copy the Bazar folder into the DCS World directory

NOTE: if you previously changed your graphics.lua to reduce star brightness please revert them back to defaults - brightness is now handled by the edited star.fx (this may need further tuning if stars are still too visible)

line 224 graphics.lua

Stars =

{

c0 = 0;

c1 = 2;

c2 = 9;

c3 = 10;

v5.2 updated: more tuning with clddraw.fx and cldshad.fx

hey Mustang! do you know if there is any way to make the ground shodows more dark?

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

great add

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

Hello guys,

I have one question for Mustang, I never used JSGME but now I had enought to installed all my Mod in manual operation and I would used JSGME for installed all my Mods.

Please can you tell me if your last Mod: Clouds & Sky complete v5.11.rar work fine with JSGME ?

A great thanks in advance for you help. Best regards Skull.

Edited by Skulleader

Hello guys,

I have one question for Mustang, I never used JSGME but now I had enought to installed all my Mod in manual operation and I would used JSGME for installed all my Mods.

Please can you tell me if your last Mod: Clouds & Sky complete v5.11.rar work fine with JSGME ?

A great thanks in advance for you help. Best regards Skull.

Skull..ALL Mods work fine with JSGME (as long as you set up JSGME and the mods right off course:))

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

Dear Skulleader; It's not important whether it works with JSGME or not.

If you could place the mod folder into JSGME folder properly, it would work with no problem.

Edit: Sniped with 5 mins. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Hello Lizard and Devrim,

I would like to thank you for your assistance, please can you tell me if I must just created one Mod folder in my DCS and if after that all my Mods will be installed in this folder by JSGME ?

I'm not certain to have well understand the good method for say to JSGME where it must installed all my Mods.

Do you know if one tutorial is available for well understand how work JSGME ?

A great thanks again, Skull.

everything you need to know is this If you have further Questions..feel free to ask

Super dear Lizzard,

I love you, your link is very interesting...

I go read this tuto, thanks again and best regards. Skull