Request for help with manual - aux gunsight

baltic_dragon

Re-posting here as I believe the plea was lost in the original thread:

As you know, we have the Auxiliary Gunsight HUD mode, which basically needs some deflection tables in order to be useful. We don’t have these tables but I believe with some works put into it and experiments it can be developed, using the F-5 one as a basis, as per this thread LINK.

Is any of you willing to help and do that experiment and try to develop such a table that would be accurate for M-2000C that could later be included in the manual? I know it is a lot of work but may be very useful for all those flying the bird!

Many thanks in advance!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Re-posting here as I believe the plea was lost in the original thread:

As you know, we have the Auxiliary Gunsight HUD mode, which basically needs some deflection tables in order to be useful. We don’t have these tables but I believe with some works put into it and experiments it can be developed, using the F-5 one as a basis, as per this thread LINK.

Is any of you willing to help and do that experiment and try to develop such a table that would be accurate for M-2000C that could later be included in the manual? I know it is a lot of work but may be very useful for all those flying the bird!

Many thanks in advance!

I presume you would want those infos for the guns and Mk-82s ?

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I presume you would want those infos for the guns and Mk-82s ?

yeah, that would be perfect, though I know this means a lot of work.

I'm not terribly accurate with the F-5, but I'd be willing to put some time in. Want to PM the variables your looking for? Altitude, angle of dive, speed, etc at release?

Thanks Jester - I am no expert, I guess we could use the same ones as for F-5. It doesn't need to be accurate to 1RAD, but enough to make it work more or less.

For reference, the gun cross level is 200 meters for the guns, because that is the first reference point.

I would sure love to have good depression tables for the Mirage. However I am still not sure how accurate the F-5E tables are. I did this test some time ago and requested for comments (maybe I am doing something wrong), but I still don't know if I'm using the tables incorrectly or if there is something wrong in DCS.

Not sure if I understood correctly - I think the F-5 tables could be used as an example for research for speeds, ranges and angles. The onl certain thing is that the head (tail?) of the snake under the cross is at 200 meters. The rest should be researched. I will try to look at it as well time permitting!