Editor can't load mission file with a changed name

Varis

So what I did:

1. Create mission

2. Fly a couple of times from the editor and save

3. Quit DCS and change the filename

4. Editor complains about missing file in the file browser GUI and crashes while loading the mission

5. Name file back to what I think was the original name

6. Repeat crash (now seemingly at a different point in the loading process)

7. Remove MissionEditor folder

8. Repeat crash still

Any way to recover from this? I guess it's more a feature than a bug, something must be messed up in DCS's bookkeeping?

The last errors/warnings are

2018-12-18 03:49:08.729 WARNING DCS: track file empty

2018-12-18 03:49:08.729 WARNING DCS: mission file empty

Running latest OB.

PS. Sent a couple of crash reports.

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Glad you were able to recover .. I had not experienced the problem you describe, but on my experience the Mission Editor is fairly resilient

... for example I was trying to save some time by copying triggers (externally, using 7-zip and notepad++) from one mission to another, it works and if for example your target mission is missing a unit or a trigger zone present on the copy, it doesnt corrupt the mission, but rather the ME deletes automatically any trigger that references the missing items.

I've been lately enjoying creating missions but I do miss more facilities for reusing code segments from one mission into the next, for example I'd kill for the ability to select a group of units & statics with a lasso, to copy somewhere else :)

Cheers.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I've been lately enjoying creating missions but I do miss more facilities for reusing code segments from one mission into the next, for example I'd kill for the ability to select a group of units & statics with a lasso, to copy somewhere else :)

Couldn't you just write your own python code to generate such segments into the code you want?

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

By "code" I meant the action triggers of the mission ... I’d like to be able to copy/paste them from one mission into another.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB