If real world manufacturers made gaming gear

Opy

I've been hunting for info on how HOTAS buttons are setup in the actual jets. Accidentally found the company that manufactures the grips for our favourite vehicles.

http://www.essexindustries.com/product-spotlight-showcases-wide-range-essex-platform-controls/

How sweet would it be if they put a little money into the gaming industry and made these things as USB devices?

EssexFlightGrips.jpg

Would be awesome, but maybe they would bump on some kind of law, trademark, rights and bla bla bla.

I would love to use the Bradley control unit for Combat Arms. Those heli grips are sexy too.

Unfortunately for western grips we're still hostages of Thrustmaster.:noexpression:

Edited by GriffonBR

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

That was interesting.

So who’s requested a quote?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I would think the pricing would be a few orders of magnitude off. The requirements are vastly different, after all.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1