Dynamic weather - storm

chromium

Hi,

does anyone know how to get storms in dynamic weather after 2.5?

(I already looked at some manuals an links and I know how to manually edit the cyclones, but no luck in any try since know)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Oh, you get storms same as in 1.5. You get the rain and wind. What you don’t get in 2.5 is the heavy cloud effect because the cloud density has changed. What looked like a heavy storm in 1.5 looks like “sun showers” in 2.5.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Understood, also... i believe that i read something you wrote about in the past. But I might need this overcast situation: should I assume that it's currently not possible?

In that case i might need to go back to static weather sometimes.

Inviato dal mio SM-G920F utilizzando Tapatalk

ChromiumDis.png

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Understood, also... i believe that i read something you wrote about in the past. But I might need this overcast situation: should I assume that it's currently not possible?

In that case i might need to go back to static weather sometimes.

AFAIK, it’s not currently possible. Haven’t tried with outrageous conditions but, then again, if that were the case, nothing would be flying or moving.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I did, like -4600 MPa... nothing different.

Should be something in the clouds code, but I don't even know where to start about that.

ChromiumDis.png

I did, like -4600 MPa... nothing different.

Should be something in the clouds code, but I don't even know where to start about that.

Unfortunately, even if you did pull it off, anyone using the mission would have to make the same alteration to see the mission as you intended it.

_____

I know, I know, but sometimes could help ed if someone can offer solutions other than issues: if I find a solution I could point out to ED.

As it is, if I want oktas>5 or storms or thunderstorms i will stay on static weather.

ChromiumDis.png

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong:

1. I don't see the white wind speed flags on the mission builder map when I'm setting up dynamic weather.
  2. Dynamic weather...seems like it's the same weather everywhere without changing.
  3. I don't understand the purpose and how to use the "Systems Quantity" under Dynamic Weather.

The manual seems a bit dated for current info.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong:

1. I don't see the white wind speed flags on the mission builder map when I'm setting up dynamic weather.
  2. Dynamic weather...seems like it's the same weather everywhere without changing.
  3. I don't understand the purpose and how to use the "Systems Quantity" under Dynamic Weather.

The manual seems a bit dated for current info.

Ummm...Are you clicking the "Generate" button?

EDIT: Never mind. I just pulled up the Dynamic Weather tab and noticed than the wind barbs are there as soon as open the tab. Not sure why you're not seeing wind barbs. Systems Quantity is simply the number of weather systems you want. Set that in the box to the right on that line. It's sort of setting how many wingmen you want when setting up a flight. Once you have the number of systems you want, you can then alter the pressure value for each one individually, if you desire, in the box below that line. The "Generate" button simply uses the # of systems selected, changes the pressure values, and shifts their locations. Stop clicking it, when you get something approximating what you want.

Of course, all of this is moot, if you aren't seeing the changes in the first place.

Edited by Ironhand

_____

Ummm...Are you clicking the "Generate" button?

EDIT: Never mind. I just pulled up the Dynamic Weather tab and noticed than the wind barbs are there as soon as open the tab. Not sure why you're not seeing wind barbs. Systems Quantity is simply the number of weather systems you want. Set that in the box to the right on that line. It's sort of setting how many wingmen you want when setting up a flight. Once you have the number of systems you want, you can then alter the pressure value for each one individually, if you desire, in the box below that line. The "Generate" button simply uses the # of systems selected, changes the pressure values, and shifts their locations. Stop clicking it, when you get something approximating what you want.

Of course, all of this is moot, if you aren't seeing the changes in the first place.

Thank you for the follow-up.

I now see the wind barbs when in mission editor, I couldn't see them when I tried modifying the "Create Fast Mission" in the mission editor. It won't show for "Create Fast Mission" there.

Cyclone and anti-cyclone I understand to be low pressure and high pressure respectively.

In Systems Quantity as an example: 1 of 5, the first number box selects which one of five systems is being addressed. The Pressure Deviation box allows for individual systems to be manually set for each of the 5 systems in my example.

If I have it correct so far what I'm not sure of is exactly what the Generate button does it seems to undo all my individual settings for each system number I've created and input its own values in the Pressure Deviation box and set the system number back to 1. I thought it saves my settings, please explain.

Also how does a non-weather person know what setting values to set the Pressure Deviation to for a specific weather? I guess with the lack of cloud cover being able to be generated the dynamic weather is limited.

Edited by fitness88

Thank you for the follow-up.

I now see the wind barbs when in mission editor, I couldn't see them when I tried modifying the "Create Fast Mission" in the mission editor. It won't show for "Create Fast Mission" there.

Cyclone and anti-cyclone I understand to be low pressure and high pressure respectively.

In Systems Quantity as an example: 1 of 5, the first number box selects which one of five systems is being addressed. The Pressure Deviation box allows for individual systems to be manually set for each of the 5 systems in my example.

If I have it correct so far what I'm not sure of is exactly what the Generate button does it seems to undo all my individual settings for each system number I've created and input its own values in the Pressure Deviation box and set the system number back to 1. I thought it saves my settings, please explain.

Also how does a non-weather person know what setting values to set the Pressure Deviation to for a specific weather? I guess with the lack of cloud cover being able to be generated the dynamic weather is limited.

When you enter in the values for each system, you have created the strength of each system. When you click the GENERATE button, the sim takes the the number of systems you have entered, enters in new values for each, and creates a new set of systems taking a different positions on the map. Every click of that button creates a new and different set with the number of systems you specified.

If you get something you like, you can save it at the bottom of the page. Click in the box that says: DEFAULT WEATHER and give the file a name. Then click the middle button to the right of that--looks like an ancient 3.5" floppy disk--to save it. You can insert that saved file into a mission at a later time by selecting its name in that window and clicking the "file folder" button.

As far as how do you know what to insert? You really don't as those numbers bear no relation to reality, anyway. I don't even bother anymore. I just select the number of systems and click GENERATE until I get something I like for winds. And the higher the winds, the greater the likelihood of rain in those sections of the map, if you have CYCLONEs selected. I was going to work up a tutorial on dynamic weather at one point but, given the current state of affairs, decided there wasn't much reason to. The winds and rain are there but the clouds aren't.

Edited by Ironhand

_____

When you enter in the values for each system, you have created the strength of each system. When you click the GENERATE button, the sim takes the the number of systems you have entered, enters in new values for each, and creates a new set of systems taking a different positions on the map. Every click of that button creates a new and different set with the number of systems you specified.

If you get something you like, you can save it at the bottom of the page. Click in the box that says: DEFAULT WEATHER and give the file a name. Then click the middle button to the right of that--looks like an ancient 3.5" floppy disk--to save it. You can insert that saved file into a mission at a later time by selecting its name in that window and clicking the "file folder" button.

As far as how do you know what to insert? You really don't as those numbers bear no relation to reality, anyway. I don't even bother anymore. I just select the number of systems and click GENERATE until I get something I like for winds. And the higher the winds, the greater the likelihood of rain in those sections of the map, if you have CYCLONEs selected. I was going to work up a tutorial on dynamic weather at one point but, given the current state of affairs, decided there wasn't much reason to. The winds and rain are there but the clouds aren't.

Ironhand this an excellent tutorial you just wrotethumbup.gif

Do you set the dynamic weather then fly the mission and if you like how the dynamic weather came out you come back to mission editor after the mission and save the dynamic weather as you stated? As you say reading the numbers in the dynamic weather makes no sense so you can't figure from that...unless those numbers however nonsensible stay consistent.

Edited by fitness88

Ironhand this an excellent tutorial you just wrotethumbup.gif

Do you set the dynamic weather then fly the mission and if you like how the dynamic weather came out you come back to mission editor after the mission and save the dynamic weather as you stated? ...

That's one way of doing it. And keep in mind that the weather is "dynamic". The systems move so that local weather changes over time.

_____

That's one way of doing it. And keep in mind that the weather is "dynamic". The systems move so that local weather changes over time.

Yes I can see the weather moving.

When I wrote "unless those numbers however nonsensible stay consistent" what I meant by that is if you put in the same pressure numbers manually will you get the same mission starting weather result?

Yes I can see the weather moving.

When I wrote "unless those numbers however nonsensible stay consistent" what I meant by that is if you put in the same pressure numbers manually will you get the same mission starting weather result?

As far as I know, yes.

Don't know if the "bug" has been reported but it might not make a difference. Word on the street is that they are redoing the entire weather system. If that's the cse, I doubt they're not going to spend time fixing the lack of full cloud cover now as a single issue. That might take a major rework on its own.

_____

As far as I know, yes.

Don't know if the "bug" has been reported but it might not make a difference. Word on the street is that they are redoing the entire weather system. If that's the cse, I doubt they're not going to spend time fixing the lack of full cloud cover now as a single issue. That might take a major rework on its own.

Let's hope word on the street doesn't take too long...

BTW...does anyone know if the Dynamic Weather bug has been reported...can't generate full cloud coverage?

It is now: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3723034

This problem bothers me for a while now as well.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This was a huge help

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming