NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Not really sure if this is a "bug" or not, but landing in the A-4E feels sooo long. Even when holding down the wheelbrakes with spoilers deployed and full flap, it is relatively slow at slowing down. Is this normal in the real aircraft? Or should you be landing at a slower speed?

Not really sure if this is a "bug" or not, but landing in the A-4E feels sooo long. Even when holding down the wheelbrakes with spoilers deployed and full flap, it is relatively slow at slowing down. Is this normal in the real aircraft? Or should you be landing at a slower speed?

Part of getting carrier operations to work is currently hinged on the plane's sea level elevation, so you're most likely to experience this kind of slippery brake situation at coastal airports - inland, if you've got your flaps down, airbrake out and have the spoiler armed, you should be able to land properly at most airports.

Obviously, the number of coastal airports on the Caucasus and Persian Gulf maps means quite a number are affected at this time. Dealing with the runway braking is on the to-do list for upcoming patches to make the behavior of the aircraft more usable at the game's coastal airports and to reduce the slippage on carrier decks. It wasn't something we wanted to rush in the first patch, but it's definitely on the list of things we'd like to address very soon.

plusnine

Community A-4E-C

(Textures & sounds)

Awesome thank you

S~

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

Where I can post a bug on the A-4E?

Got always kick out from the Multiplayer Server, Reason

models/ld_0.edm @ c:/users/***/saved games/dcs.openbeta/mods/aircraft/a-4e-c/shapes

models/ld_1.edm @ c:/users/***/saved games/dcs.openbeta/mods/aircraft/a-4e-c/shapes

Regards

Tango Lima/Scorpion

Edited by Thomas Loeffelmann

Thrustvector --

I can't power on anything electrical, like the lights. Be nice for getting night current in the airplane.

I am certainly enjoying flying it is as-is. But in an airplane with so few systems (which is a good thing, not a bad one!), it'd be nice to have the few it has actually work.

So, is the one thing that I'm not getting the fact that nobody else has electrical power, either, and doesn't miss it?

Added as bug report

These grow and recede with pitch changes.

1567728388_DCS2018-11-2015-52-50-86.thumb.jpg.357ea860e94d3cb69f4364aa36cfff9d.jpg

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I can't power on anything electrical, like the lights. Be nice for getting night current in the airplane.

I am certainly enjoying flying it is as-is. But in an airplane with so few systems (which is a good thing, not a bad one!), it'd be nice to have the few it has actually work.

So, is the one thing that I'm not getting the fact that nobody else has electrical power, either, and doesn't miss it?

Which lights? For the cockpit (gauges, etc), there are two knobs on the right side console toward the back that if you rotate will turn on the cockpit interior lights. I haven’t been able to turn on the external nav lights yet, but the AI has them on so I’m sure I’ll find it :). The interior lights can be turned on even before requesting external ground electrical power.

Where I can post a bug on the A-4E?

Got always kick out from the Multiplayer Server, Reason

models/ld_0.edm @ c:/users/***/saved games/dcs.openbeta/mods/aircraft/a-4e-c/shapes

models/ld_1.edm @ c:/users/***/saved games/dcs.openbeta/mods/aircraft/a-4e-c/shapes

Regards

Tango Lima/Scorpion

Not bug Thomas. Its DCS anti cheat system.

Servers do an Integrity check, and if mods are not allowed they do not let you join the session.

You need to disable it or join servers that allow the A4.

Relentov --

So you're saying the electrical power is already on? I have not yet tried the internal lighting, but I could not get the nav lights or the landing light (called the gear light) to come on. When I got no reaction at all to hitting RSHF - L I of course was convinced the electrical system was hosed. But perhaps not. I'll have to experiment more.

So you're saying the electrical power is already on? I have not yet tried the internal lighting, but I could not get the nav lights or the landing light (called the gear light) to come on. When I got no reaction at all to hitting RSHF - L I of course was convinced the electrical system was hosed. But perhaps not. I'll have to experiment more.

Make sure you flip the master light switch on. It's on the throttle.

It's not working at the moment the rwr, i think it will be functional in the future.

thanks for the info, I notice today that I was hit by sams twice and the plane still flying like nothing happened

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

Great mod, perfect timing with the F-14 coming up.

I do have to report however that if I set up a mission to take off from the carrier it causes DCS to crash, taking off from land is no problem, and landing on the carrier is no problem, but starting the mission from the carrier results in DCS's crash dialogue box.

Hello, is the default Pan View for POV Hat Switches disabled? I can't get it to work so I had to use VC view assignments which I cannot fine tune. I am using a Saitek X-56. All other models use the default POV Hat setting with no issue (no view tweaks needed).

-Edit, disregard, solved the issue, I had to manually assign all the POV Hat entries but all is working fine now regarding pan views.

Edited by Stormilm

Couple things I noticed

1 compass on canopy gives opposite heading from HSI

2 gunpod muzzel flash animation is in the wrong place...too far back and too high

3 ALT-J switching aircraft locks up the game...have to restart.

4 plane does a bit of a dog jog when taxing and coming to a stop, makes line up on runway centre a little tricky

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Make sure you flip the master light switch on. It's on the throttle.

where on the throttle??...I don't see it anywhere?

Never mind found it...little switch on the left side of throttle(was hard to see)

Edited by Raven434th

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.