What Hapenned The Thrustmaster F-18 Stick

The strange thing is that the TM F -18 Grip was announced, has been shown on several occasions but to date no official news seems to come from TM.

I own Hotas Warthog and so I will wait a little longer for some news, then I will move on to buy the new VKB.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139168989452694/about/

ASUS ROG - TM Hotas Warthog - TM Hotas Cougar - TM F-18 Grip - Oculus Rift S - Track IR 5

Still, people are buying from them... ;)

Seriously, it’s just a matter of filling in your email in the stock notification, for the item that is out of stock. Worked for me.

Not for me. The minute I got the "in stock" notification, I went to the webshop only to see "out of stock" on the item.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Yes, I believe the problem is commercial strategy. However the TM logic of having a modular Hotas is valid.

It is a pity not to have news on this F-18 Grip also because the Warthog is the most widespread hotas as we have seen.

The Warthog throttle is very flexible to multiple uses ... both twin-engine and single-engine. The grip is perfect for the A-10 and also for the F-16. With the new Grip you could optimize the control of F/A-18 and AV-8B.

So it would have been nice to have been able to buy this product. It could also be adapted to the various DCS modules.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139168989452694/about/

ASUS ROG - TM Hotas Warthog - TM Hotas Cougar - TM F-18 Grip - Oculus Rift S - Track IR 5

The minute I got the "in stock" notification, I went to the webshop only to see "out of stock" on the item.

I trust you did a page refresh, in your browser, or checked again a couple of minutes later?

Have you tried contacting Virpil?

Why "a small hope" when Thrustmaster themselves sais a new HOTAS would be available around 2020 ? It's just a matter of time and patience before we see something.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know if some of you already noticed...but today when i created a new profile i will be working on and then exported as tmc script i saw this.

66e406ad52c8d53bdab5954e9a1d5d4c.jpg

This comes with the latest target update released for the Rudders but basically the hornet stick is already there in the software

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Why "a small hope" when Thrustmaster themselves sais a new HOTAS would be available around 2020 ? It's just a matter of time and patience before we see something.

No...in 2020 they should release a new hotas...the hornet stick has been announced as an addon for the warthog base, or to be sold in bundle with the warhog stick.

of course i hope the grips will be compatible with the new hotas...and i hope the new hotas will be force feedback

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

What Hapenned The Thrustmaster F-18 Stick

i never noticed it but it seems to be also in the target gui

2ba854629030d9245cdd5a0266581413.jpg

maybe thrustmaster made the firmware for Wags that is trying the grip

will there be also a f-18 throttle? any news?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

no news on that...who know in 2020 what they will release

I was taking a look at the new grip in TARGET. Looks like the castle hat is a 5-way, i.e. has a press function along with the side thumb 5-way with press similar to the Warthog grip. And the new thumb wheel/lever has a press function as well. So, only losing 2 buttons from the Warthog grip. I should be able to adapt my stock profile -which uses all 4 hats - to the new grip. Hopefully, it gets released soon. The thumbwheel will come in handy for F-15C/E as well.

I was taking a look at the new grip in TARGET. Looks like the castle hat is a 5-way, i.e. has a press function along with the side thumb 5-way with press similar to the Warthog grip. And the new thumb wheel/lever has a press function as well. So, only losing 2 buttons from the Warthog grip. I should be able to adapt my stock profile -which uses all 4 hats - to the new grip. Hopefully, it gets released soon. The thumbwheel will come in handy for F-15C/E as well.

iirc thrustmaster has added buttons that are not in the real hornet stick, to match the number of buttons in the f16 stick

No, you will don't loose any button if change from Warthog grip for Tm F-18 grip, both (game version) has same number of buttons = 19 + POV HAT, although IRL grips has different number of buttons.

Ahhh, absolutely right Sokol. I was thinking of the new thumbwheel as an axis instead of buttons. I will just map a layer to those as well with a modifier. My first thought when seeing the prototype is that we are losing a hat switch. They just reconfigured it into different buttons.