New GME software

sedenion

For who made a snapshot comparison since the recent DCS update, you probably noticed that because the log has many entries this being very slow and particularly at the end. It even remain a bug with deleted items entries. I am aware of the issue and this is now corrected, you'll have this with the next release.

Hello Sed,

Where is your last release please ?

What a great job my friend!:thumbup:

Greetings.

Links are on the first page of this topic. But the "next release" is not ready yet. I wait for more "fix" or "feature" to create a new release.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

Is there anyone who get error during restoring process?

I got twice, in different times. Didn't observe well, so I couldn't determine what the problem is.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Reporting a bug in 1.7.2

When making a mod-package and zip already exists then you get prompted to "overwrite existing ZIP?"

If user chooses "Yes" to Overwrite then task continues to try to make mod-package but returns error and fails to overwrite existing file.

If user chooses "No" to Overwrite package task continues to make mod-package and overwrites existing zip.

Unintended behaviour in both cases.

Oh OK. Next time.

When the problem occurred, I couldn't find the location of the log. Sorry. :)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Reporting a bug in 1.7.2

When making a mod-package and zip already exists then you get prompted to "overwrite existing ZIP?"

If user chooses "Yes" to Overwrite then task continues to try to make mod-package but returns error and fails to overwrite existing file.

If user chooses "No" to Overwrite package task continues to make mod-package and overwrites existing zip.

Unintended behaviour in both cases.

Found why you can't cancel, however, there is no reason it can't overwrite...the same function is called in both case, and if the overwrite failed in your case, this could be for a good reason... (file write permission or such thing like that).

Anyway the "can't cancel" bug is fixed for next release.

I finaly released the 1.7.3 version today, see first page for download links

OvGME 1.7.3, 2017-01-08

- Fix Zip files created using Windows Explorer not recognized as valid Mod-Archive.

- Snapshot comparison log output speed optimization.

- Fix make mod-archive overwrite cancel process.

• Like 2

Thank you!

Encore merci pour ce travail excellent!

For your information: When I first tried to start the installer, Windows defender (Smart Screen) blocked it (although I do not use Windows defender). And I could not even close the warning window of this "smart screen", plus it blocked the File Explorer. I had to kill the process in Task Manager.

I have not seen this in earlier versions of your program. Maybe you did something different?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Encore merci pour ce travail excellent!

For your information: When I first tried to start the installer, Windows defender (Smart Screen) blocked it (although I do not use Windows defender). And I could not even close the warning window of this "smart screen", plus it blocked the File Explorer. I had to kill the process in Task Manager.

I have not seen this in earlier versions of your program. Maybe you did something different?

Absolutely no idea... i changed nothing significant, the setup builder is the same as before. The only thing i know is that the setup builder i use ( Inno setup ) is known to have some security breach in older version, but nothing outrageous (https://github.com/jrsoftware/issrc/issues/188 (i use the 5.5.9 version))...

If other people experience the same problem, please report with Windows version, and i will investigate.

Edited by sedenion

sedenion, it triggered my Symantec Endpoint Protection also (see attached screenshot). I am running Win 7 x64. After removing it from quarantine, it installed/executed just fine. Thank you for your continued work on this!

ovgme.png.2b7064b1664f1e996dfbb62d71e7fc67.png

sedenion, it triggered my Symantec Endpoint Protection also (see attached screenshot). I am running Win 7 x64. After removing it from quarantine, it installed/executed just fine. Thank you for your continued work on this!

Ok, the "Ws.Reputation" is a kind of false-positive, Avast have the same kind of false-positive alert (also called something-REP). The antivirus simply doesn't find the software signature in its "good schoolboys" list, so the antivirus mark it as "i don't know what it is, mayby it is dirty". (this is the meaning of "Reputation") Which is normal since OvGME is not a very known software.

v1.7.3 Win7x64 exe - no problem here with Comodo Internet Security.

sedenion, is there any way to sort the dropdown menu of the configurations?

With the latest changes in DCS I need at least three configurations per version (stable, beta, alpha). But I'd like to have them sorted if possible. I tried to rename the configurations. But the sorting does not seem to be by name.

The way it is now it looks rather messy.

[ATTACH]166979[/ATTACH]

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

sedenion, is there any way to sort the dropdown menu of the configurations?

With the latest changes in DCS I need at least three configurations per version (stable, beta, alpha). But I'd like to have them sorted if possible. I tried to rename the configurations. But the sorting does not seem to be by name.

Indeed, i am not sure (i have to verify), but i think it is sorted according config sub-folder name (which is an Md5 string). No easy way to order this list...

I am not sure that I understand funkyfranky's post or the response. For example, if I have version 1.5 and 2.0 set up in OvGME for both saved games and DCS world (4 directories in total) and I have a mod that works in both 1.5 and 2.0,---- can I have just one mod that I can use for either version? For example, I enable mod x for version 1.5, then if I want to use version 2.0, I would disable mod x and enable mod x for version 2.0. Correct?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I am not sure that I understand funkyfranky's post or the response. For example, if I have version 1.5 and 2.0 set up in OvGME for both saved games and DCS world (4 directories in total) and I have a mod that works in both 1.5 and 2.0,---- can I have just one mod that I can use for either version? For example, I enable mod x for version 1.5, then if I want to use version 2.0, I would disable mod x and enable mod x for version 2.0. Correct?

1) You can use the same "Mods Stock" folder for several config (you are not forced to duplicate/copy mods in two separated folders)

2) Applying mods are "config independent", you can enable or disable the same mod from the same folder for both or only one config at the same time, there is no problem.

I guess that I don't understand the inner workings of OvGME. I had assumed that if you use mod x for version 1.5, you couldn't also use it for version 2.0 unless you first disabled it in version 1.5. What confuses me is that I have only one copy of mod x in the master list, so how can it be used twice?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I guess that I don't understand the inner workings of OvGME. I had assumed that if you use mod x for version 1.5, you couldn't also use it for version 2.0 unless you first disabled it in version 1.5. What confuses me is that I have only one copy of mod x in the master list, so how can it be used twice?

OvGME work almost the same way than JSGME, it copy/replace mod files into the game folders... If you apply the mod in two configs, ti simply copy the mod fies into both Game1 and Game2 folders (the mod is applyed on both games) and backup data are created for each config for the same mod.