[REPORTED] Black Mi-8 textures

Hellgen

Greetings, i have some small issue...

Textures on Mi-8 become black when camera is far away from chopper.

tRSwGut.jpg?1

FAnmYWG.jpg?1

CPU: Intel Core I7 @2600k

GPU: Nvidia GTX970

8GB RAM

Last Nvidia video drivers.

Edited by BIGNEWY

[REPORTED] LOD level kicks in too early?

Not sure if this is a setting, or the current status of EDGE beta, but I believe the LOD level changes too early - that is, way too close to the observers eye.

See screenshots attached of the Mi-8. One can clearly see that the detail level goes down significantly, and areas start to look flat black and low detailed.

I was able to observe the same LOD change on parked vehicles, too.

Thoughts?

Edited by BIGNEWY

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I'm not noticing a lack of geometric detail so I think the LOD settings are fine but it looks like a texture is missing in that the lod model with the black color. You could check in the modelviewer to see if this is an EDM issue.

Not sure if this is a setting, or the current status of EDGE beta, but I believe the LOD level changes too early - that is, way too close to the observers eye.

Can definitely see same issue on the A-10c, the hogs mouth decals and others disappear when only a little away from the aircraft.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.