Aircraft Manuals???

BertoneX

Thanks....I found the hidden DOC folders and was jumping back on to reply....but you guys are quick with help....thanks!

I copied and pasted copies of all 7 of my purchased planes in an easy to access folder.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any mention of there being any sort of instructions or mention of flight manuals anywhere in the game?

As a general rule. If you search the install folder, of any game, for a PDF, you will find them if they exist.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks....I found the hidden DOC folders and was jumping back on to reply....but you guys are quick with help....thanks!

The docs folders that contain the manuals should be normal windows folders, not hidden folders. :huh:

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any mention of there being any sort of instructions or mention of flight manuals anywhere in the game?

No, it works the other way around. The manual should be the first thing you take a look at, before using the actual product, meaning the manual should reference the product not vice versa. This does apply to all sorts of products not just DCS. If you buy a new microwave the microwave itself probably won't reference the manual, but the manual will reference the microwave.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

No, it works the other way around. The manual should be the first thing you take a look at, before using the actual product, meaning the manual should reference the product not vice versa. This does apply to all sorts of products not just DCS. If you buy a new microwave the microwave itself probably won't reference the manual, but the manual will reference the microwave.

Yes, but if I buy a microwave the manual is in the box. When I downloaded and installed DCS I saw no mention of there being a manual, where to find it, nothing. I looked in the FAQ and no mention of there being a manual there. So if you don't know to go digging around in the game files, how do you know?

I asked a few players online and they told me there are no manuals or instructions of any kind....so I'm not the only one who doesn't/didn't know how to access them.

As a general rule. If you search the install folder, of any game, for a PDF, you will find them if they exist.

Thanks man....this is the first game I've had that was download only version. Last time I was buying games they came from the store in a box with printed material. :thumbup: