** AJS-37 Viggen Update! New Afterburners & Features! **

Cobra847

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I'm not a high end player but really I am in total awe of the mind blowing graphical and modelling technology we get for what I think is very little money. I'm an open alpha guy (hmm maybe its not that type of web page) and am happy with a fortnightly update, hey if the after burner colour is wrong its not really a massive game changer, but whatever lights your pipe.

So from my perspective thanks for an awesome product and ongoing support.

If fixes do not appear in the version together with the changelog posted, then they will appear in the next new revision / patch - as a rule of thumb.

Not sure what to answer to "The Viggen doesn't get any love anymore". There's plenty of stuff added and plenty of stuff coming. :)

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

If fixes do not appear in the version together with the changelog posted, then they will appear in the next new revision / patch - as a rule of thumb.

Not sure what to answer to "The Viggen doesn't get any love anymore". There's plenty of stuff added and plenty of stuff coming. :)

Any plans if implemanting ir framstegning?

wDswIdN.jpg

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

As well as the - sign on the CK37 display, which is still missing ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

So you have the working RAT ?

Nope, but I've seen plenty bug fixes and improvements lately. I'm happy with the progress, not saying that you or anybody else should be though. Just my opinion on the current state of affairs.

And it is much appreciated!

• 1 year later...

I am sorry to have to insist but, as I have commented in another part of the forum. I am very unhappy with the quality of the AJS-Viggen fuselage textures. It is true that, from the external view, these textures look very good. Which is very nice to take photos or videos of the plane or to play in easy mode (arcade) with external view. But, for those of us who play realistically, inside the cockpit, the texture resolution of the fuselage and, especially the rivets, look blurry and pixelated. This, which does not represent any simulation problem, directly affects the inmersion, giving rise to an unpleasant aesthetic effect, due to the difference in quality between the fuselage and cabin textures, which are great.

My question is: Would it be possible for developers to increase the resolution of the fuselage textures so that they maintain quality at close range, as seen from the cockpit?

Would it be possible, on the other hand, to carry out this increase in resolution through some modification of the texture files?

• 1 month later...

This topic relates to "New afterburners & features", so ... the question remains:

Is there a new afterburner visual quality to expect very soon?

Until today (2.5.6.50979) the afterburner looks super-poor, not like the ass of a beast should look like! Please Cobra, give the beast the ass it deserves! Please! :helpsmilie:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1