ILS Glideslope

Rudel_chw

Hello,

I'm creating a set of missions for the C-101EB and got into trouble with the use of ILS. I've tried several Caucasus' Airbases (Senaki-Kolkhi, Kobuleti, Batumi and Kutaisi) and one on Nevada (Creech) and when I tune the ILS station I only get the localizer signal, but not the glideslope .. also the HSI shows a "VERT" flag (I'm using the spanish cockpit).

I've tried the ILS landing with no wind, with 7 knots headwind and also tried the runway's opposite direction but always get the VERT flag and no glideslope indicator.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hello,

I'm creating a set of missions for the C-101EB and got into trouble with the use of ILS. I've tried several Caucasus' Airbases (Senaki-Kolkhi, Kobuleti, Batumi and Kutaisi) and one on Nevada (Creech) and when I tune the ILS station I only get the localizer signal, but not the glideslope .. also the HSI shows a "VERT" flag (I'm using the spanish cockpit).

I've tried the ILS landing with no wind, with 7 knots headwind and also tried the runway's opposite direction but always get the VERT flag and no glideslope indicator.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks

Unable to reproduce that issue. The ILS system works normally, there is no bug associated to it. Neither is any issue with the vertical flag of the HSI.

I'll post a screenshot that shows a working ILS.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

In the attached screenshot I'm turning to final at Batumi, the ILS is tuned with 110.3 MHz and the course is set at 119º. The CDI bar of the HSI indicates slightly right of the ILS localizer and the Glide Slope bars both on the HSI and ADI show on glide path, just slightly above it. The PAPI on the threshold indicates on glide slope (two white lights and two red lights) since it's not as precise as an ILS obviously.

Screen_180817_124531.thumb.jpg.609e3e27721ea4cf40b63d026208b247.jpg

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks ... the only difference I can see, is that I'm using TACAN for getting near to the airport .. does ILS only work with VOR? I'm now at work, but will try it out later today.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Regarding opposite runway direction, beware you might be using the ILS back course which only provides localizer back beam signal, you'll get no glide slope indication since the GS signal is only radiated in the direction of the main localizer beam.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks ... the only difference I can see, is that I'm using TACAN for getting near to the airport .. does ILS only work with VOR? I'm now at work, but will try it out later today.

You need to choose either tuning ILS or VOR. Press the VOR/TACAN equipment selector as shown in the attached screenshot to get indication in the HSI of VOR/ILS or TACAN.

Screen_180817_131053.thumb.jpg.2ed52844877acaaccf09721967690796.jpg

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You need to choose either tuning ILS or VOR. Press the VOR/TACAN equipment selector as shown in the attached screenshot to get indication in the HSI of VOR/ILS or TACAN.

Thanks a lot, I understand it better now .. what I was doing wrong was using TACAN all the way to the runway, I realize now that I've to change to VOR when I'm within range of the ILS ..

Here is a video of my training mission, when operating the system properly :)

jjLT8j_mVc8

Best regards.