Few words about it:

- Historical approach (I tried)

- Bad weather

- Actions over Normandy beaches

- Heavy mission requiring compromise (fps vs atmosphere), 16 Go RAM recommended

- Voice messages

- Kneeboards

- Documents available to prepare your mission

For me, it was not an easy task to make it.

I would appreciate to have some advises to improve myself. Thank you and be gentle.

I hope you will have a nice time to play it :)

Belly

Image_Presentation_7June44.PNG

7June_Screen_2.png

Edited by Belly

Bf 109 K-4 / Fw 190 A-8 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P51-D / Normandy 1944 map + ww2 assets pack

Ok quick AAR

Awesome mission, i mean wow you should really put a campaign together you have the skillset my friend.

Performance: Like always with big missions like this its a uphill battle for pc hardware. But with my rig and running vr it was totally playable. On the ground for start up i was in 20 fps but after that it settled at lock 40 for me with vr Rift S. Had a few dips when things spawned in but that is normal.

I got a direct hit with the bomb on one of the ships took some flak from the ship and got jumped by a Spit. Lots of fun Ill upload pics of the battle damage. Cool thing to note after the spit hammered me he broke off maybe the new AI thought i was done for....?

Made it back to base had a good landing despite all the damage.

as a cool note in regards to A8 damage model which i find Superb

1.inside cockpit: Radio Inop, fuel gauge Inop, Pitch Trim indicator inop. Also oil gauge temp either inop or engine was so cool do to lose of Faring...?

2. Outside damage: Nose guns inop, also inner wing guns inop

Back to mission: Weather is excellent really potrays the weather in europe perfectly and adds much immersion to the mission.

The german comms well i dont speak german well so for me it was atmospheric lol

Ill have to run it a few more times as this is fun and really captures the sense of fighting back an invasion!

Screen_191110_124026.thumb.png.5af60f79c79da356fce755b9a8e8854a.png

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback :)

You had impressive damages, well done for the landing :thumbup:

I have played entirely this mission twice in the final release (my last check), for both I had to manage different closed threat events (for one I was lucky to be back).

Some fps figures I have during this mission;

- Over the beach I get some fps sudden drop around 20

- There is an area with an air battle, there I get some fps sudden drop around 30 to 35. But depending on where I see fps are around 45 to 55

Another figure during this mission, with a minimum of application running; Windows10, TrackIr, DCS (no IE windows or whatever), I have 12.9Go of RAM used.

Belly :smilewink:

Bf 109 K-4 / Fw 190 A-8 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P51-D / Normandy 1944 map + ww2 assets pack

Hello,

It is difficult to answer, however I do not have a recent rig: CPU I5-4690 3.5GHz / GPU GeForce GTX 960 / RAM 16Go

and also an old TrackIr 3

For DCS graphic settings I set them on medium level + some features with some improvements

So I would say, try it :smilewink:

Belly

Hello,

A corrected release (v2) is available:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3306976/

Modifications are:

- Your wingman will fly now closer to you

- All aircrafts have their identification n° changed (some were identical or not correct).

Thank you again to Reflected who gave me a way to correct the wingman formation :)

Belly

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

In the same same context & approach of the mission I have proposed previously (see post above), I propose you a second Jabo mission (with many difference as flight route, main target, another unit join the formation ...) :

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3307259/

Screen_Presentation_7June44_2.PNG

7June_2_Screen_2.png

(French release included)

Few words about it:

- Historical approach (I tried)

- Bad weather

- Actions over Normandy beaches

- Heavy mission requiring compromise (fps vs atmosphere), 16 Go RAM recommended

- Voice messages

- Kneeboards

- Documents available to prepare your mission

For me, it was not an easy task to make it.

I would appreciate to have some advises to improve myself. Thank you and be gentle.

I hope you will have a nice time to play it :)

Belly ;)

great work - thanks!

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

• 1 month later...