[NO BUG]Wpt data entry cant change the second line without retyping the first

BarTzi

I apologize if this is how it works IRL (doesn't seem likely)

Here is my problem:

While entering the coordinates for a waypoint using the HSI and UFC, if I ever want to change just the second line of the coordinates (suppose you made a mistake entering E or W digits) I can't. I have to go to through N first and type it all over again.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Add one waypoint to the flight plan via ME.

2. Display WP data on the UFC.

3. Try to change just the E or W coordinates. (It's not possible, the UFC will only register N, and not E or W)

Edited by BarTzi

• 1 year later...
  • ED Team

Hi BarTzi,

My understanding is any manual edit that is made is in the N/S then E/W format.

If you have a short track replay please attach it so we can check we are on the same page.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This is what you will see in the attached track:

Using the hornet free flight mission, I try to modify WP1 which is at:

N 41 55 98

E 41 51 78

I want to change just the second line (E) - to:

N 41 55 98

E 41 51 60

However, when I bring up the WP entry mode in the UFC - I can't access the E or W coordinates.

The UFC will register N (number 2) or S (number '8') first only, and only then allow editing the E (number 4) or W (number 6).

This means, that in order to change just the last part of the coordinate, I have to re-type the first line (N 41 55 9'8').

Is this intended?

WP coordinate entry bug.trk

I believe that is as intended. Entering JDAM (I think it's JDAM) has separate selections for LAT and LONG, but the NAV system you have to enter both all the time.

You may know this (and I'm assuming you're trying to change it after it's been fully entered in which case this won't help) but if you're trying to correct it before you finish entering it (i.e. you haven't hit enter yet) you can hit CLR and re-enter just that 1/2 of the co-ordinate.