The Rookie Thread - Page 113 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-21-2014, 07:01 PM   #1121
Alkaline

Wow! I've had the Ka-50 for 2 days now and I FKING LOVE IT!
Im gonna say something that has been said a dozen times, but it couldnt be more correct!
Once you learn the autopilot and the trimming, that bird is a fking war machine!
8GB RAM
R9 270x 2GB
SSD
Win 8.1 Pro
Alkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:40 PM   #1122
Rogue Trooper

Yes.. she is awesome.
Rogue Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:59 PM   #1123
Mower
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post
that bird is a fking war machine!
...in daylight, sure.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:57 AM   #1124
Baasar

I just got this Black Shark 2 mod a few days ago. I don't have a throttle stick or pedals yet but this is awesome. Just learning how to control it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxG3El6J42A

My low alt moving target practice in free flight. Cant wait till I get my Saitek x52 pro. I've just been trying to fly at fixed trim, meaning I trim it once at beginning of flight for hover and don't trim after that. Its fun flying 2-10 ft off the ground at 100+ and making a breaking 180 turn and taking out a target. With a 3 hat switches locking up target while hauling ass will be easy.

Last edited by Baasar; 12-12-2014 at 06:54 AM.
Baasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 03:34 AM   #1125
Flagrum
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baasar View Post
I just got this Black Shark 2 mod a few days ago. I don't have a throttle stick or pedals yet but this is awesome. Just learning how to control it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfPUwccq1Bk

My low alt moving target practice in free flight. Cant wait till I get my Saitek x52 pro. I've just been trying to fly at fixed trim, meaning I trim it once at beginning of flight for hover and don't trim after that. Its fun flying 2-10 ft off the ground at 100+ and making a breaking 180 turn and taking out a target. With a 3 hat switches locking up target while hauling ass will be easy.
Quite impressive flying - especially just after 2 days!

You might want to try out using the gun in fixed mode - that would eliminate the need to lock your targets altogether. That would make your style of flying perhaps even more fun. :o)

Flagrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:49 AM   #1126
Baasar

I'm trying to get good at locking targets, and maneuvering close to the ground. I bought a Saitek x52 pro that was defective, but the throttle handle worked. Got to try a little of this last night and it was a lot better than in this vid because of the hat switch I could control the Shkval a lot better. In this vid I was just using a thrustmaster 16000 stick by itself. Trying to master those low alt high speed braking turns. Don't know what they are actually called.

But this chopper is freaking amazing. Only thing is in campaign I get shot down so easy by small arms, I'm just forced to auto hover from a far distance and snipe targets.

Liking these sims though, they all feel great so far and the details and cockpit functionality with all the switches ect, make this fun and challenging. I actually have to study up on these aircraft just like the real thing. Spent 2 days just watching tutorials and operations manuals. I wonder how close to the real thing this is.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:10 AM   #1127
Flagrum
Veteran

You will discover that a lot more than just small arms will shoot you down if you get that close to it like you do with those harmless trucks. :o)

But it is a great way to get a good feeling for the helo and it's capabilities in terms of maneuverability.

About how close to the real thing this sim is - common believe here is that it is pretty close, like 90% or so. But you have to keep in mind that the Ka-50 is more of a prototype of which only one or two hand full actually exist in reality. And there are not two that are exactly the same. But what is simulated should be really spot on - only a few systems are not modelled (i.e. IFF).

Old 12-12-2014, 06:27 AM   #1128
Baasar

Yea I don't fly like this in campaign, im just trying to get a feel of how it handles, which I really am liking. This is my first heli sim. This thing must be awesome with rudder pedals and collective stick.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:48 AM   #1129
Flagrum
Veteran

It is. But if you like it, you should certainly try the other helos at some point. I have a certain feeling that you might LOVE the Huey ... ;o)

Old 12-12-2014, 11:04 PM   #1130
Baasar

More flying on the deck. This is fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4oPWzI5vmc

I was thinking about getting the huey but I wanna master this bird first. The heads up display +center seated, is better to orient with for me. And this thing turns on a dime. Can follow windy roads at high speeds. and brake 180 turns quick.

edit fixed. cant put freaking music in you tube vids.

Last edited by Baasar; 12-13-2014 at 01:07 AM.