How to Add Ship Deck Assets

Hawkeye60

i really like this feature!

Yet there is some confusion about how to unitize this feature to best effect.

Admins, please move this to the Guides forum if more appropriate.

So we want to add some containers to the deck of the Stennis!

Such as this,

deck_containers.jpg

These are standard containers already in sim.

So without further ado,

1) Place your ship

2) Select static objects

3) select the object of your choice

In this example, a wind sock.

You can choose the containers if you wish, but bear with me...

This is going somewhere.......:music_whistling:

deck_ops.jpg

4) Most important step!

Click these two selections,

offset Fixation

Link unit - Your ship

deck_ops_sock.jpg

Now click fly.

I decided to Have a Cook-out on board!

Just awaiting the Huey with a couple of DCS Cows for the spit.......:music_whistling:

Party.jpg

I love Roast Beef! :D

Hope this helps.

And sorry I did not send you a invitation to the Party.....

You will have to make your own......

Have Fun!

Hawkeye

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

You CAN add them, BUT,

( Isn't there always a but.......)

Do not select the offset box, and.......

The cargo slides off the deck if the ship is moving.......

cargo.jpg

cargo1.jpg

Even worse.......It levitates!

cargo.jpg

I guess there is still a bit of work to do........

Only static objects seem to work at the moment.

Now if only we had the the new Carrier.....

I bet all this would be fixed!

Still a vast improvement!

So a Big thanks to ED!

Keep Working on that Carrier...

My cc is burning a hole in my wallet.......

And I keep getting dirty looks from the wifey every time I reach for my wallet.............

Better make it quick............:D

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I added a few static objects, but these would not show up. Why?

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

i tryed it too, also with no joy.

Tred on CVn-74, CVN 70 and the Mod CVN-77

tryed buildings, vehicles

EDIT: Tryed again with statics from ed Windhose, crowd,train wagons,.. it works!!!!!

now we have to figure out what we have to change to make our mods work

Edited by BlackLibrary

Give you mod item the mapclass of an aircraft and it will do what the aircraft do when you select Structures/Planes in the ME.

},

mapclasskey = "P0091000005",

attribute = {wsType_Air, wsType_Airplane, wsType_Intruder, WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER , "Transports"},

Categories = {},

Rename it in the lua to whatever suits you best - I make them 'Static Tow Tractor Air' - and things like that, so they all show up in the selector close together.

DisplayName = _('Static Tow Tractor Air'),

Make sure you identify the link to the textures file in the lua as well.

Place the item on the deck, link it to the ship and tick the offset so it stays where you put it, simples.

I dont know what you guys are doing to get Structures to stay on the ships deck in the original ED setup, it does not work on mine.

Planes and Helo's have always worked, cargo has always slipped off the back of the ship as Hawkeye describes above and structures have never showed up when you go to Fly.

I'm guessing, I dont actually know, that ED will bring them all to be placeable on the moving deck in due course.

The only solution I found for now was to do what I describe above, that works perfectly with any number of things you might want to add to the deck, if you have the edm and textures its easy enough to create your own Mod/JSGME or whatever, all it needs is the edm, the textures, you can create your own entry,lua and model.lua, and a bit of your time.

I cannot give you mine, it contains private mods from others that I am not at liberty to pass on.

Edited by crazyeddie

Well done. I'll bring the horseradish sauce for the roast beef deck party … biggrin.gif __________________

This is exactly how I like my Prime Rib!

You definitely get a invite!

( Bring BEER) lol

OK Guys

Any way to raise these statics on the Enterprise...I used the Static Placement in the ME to place them and they show up fine but a lot lower then they should..Any Ideas fellow cause I need to hit some Vietcong targets....

Screens:

001-2018-aug-13-001.jpg

001-2018-aug-13-002.jpg

Edited by uscstaylor

...Any Ideas]

can you land on that boat ? by Ka-50, F-18, Mig-29, F-15 ?...you should check that

otherwise: collision model of the deck surface is correct ? ..same size as the visible 3D model ?

in lua file of the boat: GT.DeckLevel = is correct ?

...just a few thoughts :smilewink:

sign-pic4.jpg

Definitely something wrong with the ships Collision I tried to change the deck height and the planes didn't move. It would be awesome if you could look at this ship and update it..I'm dying to get some Vietnam era mission going..

Edited by uscstaylor