VR Zoom Speed

DDSSTT

really? how do you snap zoom?... I guess I should go read the posts I see about VR Snap view then... thanks

You may want to look into camera and custom snap views.

example:

"RAlt - Num1" Camera snap view down-left View Cockpit

"LWin - Num2" Custom Snap View 2 View Cockpit

Edited by fitness88

Snap views work, but they are not useful... they do not zoom in only snap to certain areas of the cockpit

Yes but you should be able to predetermine the fixed zoom level of each snap view. Granted you can't adjust the zoom once in snap view, but a few views should cover the cockpit.

how? can you adjust them a in lua or something?

No .lua editing needed make sure you have user snap view enabled in options>misc.

Customising a Snap View

Set your current view up as you want it saved.

Press LWin+NumN - NumN being whichever numeric keypad key you intend customising. Your view will briefly snap to whatever the current snap view setting is for that key, then return to your previous view.

Press RAlt+Num0 - The snap view should now be saved.

Test it by changing your view, then holding down LWin+NumX - you should see your customised snap view!

Edited by fitness88

Snap views in VR? Sounds like could be a little nauseating.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I was told snap views can be used in VR but never felt the need to set them up except on monitors, so I don't know because I've always been happy with regular VR zoom.

Yeah me too, no problem with VR zoom for me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Especially since finding a way to latch the VR zoomthumbup.gif

Yeah I have it assigned to both a press and hold button, and a toggle switch.

Don B

Yes but you should be able to predetermine the fixed zoom level of each snap view. Granted you can't adjust the zoom once in snap view, but a few views should cover the cockpit.

He isn't even looking for them to zoom into the cockpit I don't think. So almost entirely useless unless that is what he is trying to do. But it is easier just to lean ones head in. Snap views would be horrible in VR.

He isn't even looking for them to zoom into the cockpit I don't think. So almost entirely useless unless that is what he is trying to do. But it is easier just to lean ones head in. Snap views would be horrible in VR.

You may be right...only 1 way to find out.

Do realize the zoom speed is dependent on your fps. If your at 45 or barely achieving 45 it's slow. If your at 90 its fast..... asw and the like slows things down

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10