Su-25t Clickable cockpit

Ghost_awsss

I would second that. I'm especially interested in the Su-25SM. I think we should be optimistic about this being a possibility. No one had to convert the Su-25 and Su-25T to 6DOF cockpits, but that was done. The investment continues to pay off as they look excellent in the DCS 2.5 lighting engine. Would be great to build those systems as full-clickable and port them across the different variants, with a new standalone module of the Su-25SM selling for $$$$. A google search of the SM reveals a HUD and MFD... pretty interesting.

No reason to be pessimistic since Eagle hugely prioritized these aircraft with the better flight model starting with Flaming Cliffs 1.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:)

Switch Panel

As a newcomer I started flying DCS about 6 or 8 months back and the SU-25T is still my main aircraft. Thought I'd get another module as quickly as possible. Still flying the Su though with occasional bouts on the TF-51. I fly in VR and think the SU-25T is fantastic even without the clickable cockpit.

I think it's a great introductory aircraft paired with the clickable TF-51 for those of us just feeling out the sim. I assume ED could just offer a pay for clickable Su_25T model as well, maybe?

Anyway my whole point is I fly VR and to make the Su-25 just a little more friendly I just built a switch box using a BB-32 and SV Mapper for some really flexible button and toggle switch assignments. It's placed where the real switches would be when I'm reaching for them in VR, becomes natural pretty quickly. Best of all it's pretty cheap and can be used with other aircraft as well. Pic attached :smilewink:

Above all thanks to all for these fantastic forums

panel.thumb.jpg.7dc3889035ee247ed335294d58a49a5b.jpg

System: Asrock Extreme 4 MB l i7 7700K OC 5.0GHZ l EVGA GTX 1080ti l 32 GB Crucial DDR4 l Rift S l CH Fighter Stick l CH Pro throttle l CH Rudder Pedals l Modded Suncom SFS Throttle and Talon Stick l Toshiba 1TB HD l Crucial 1TB SSD

• 1 month later...

Late reply but!!

The good thing about a clickable cockpit is that you don't need a cockpit, if your aircraft doesn't have a clickable cockpit then you need to make little one. With the Su-25t you don't need too many button box with a good hotas. I have 3 button boxes and CH Hotas and only using the keyboard to exit

I prefer a clickable cockpit with bms but a somewhat cockpit with DCS Su-25T

Marc..

Su-25 would be nice in full Fidelity. Not because clickable, but because realistic SPO-15, radios, navigation, autopilot, targeting systems etc.

Su-25SM2 WOULD be great, even more latest SM3... But we talk then about latest ones.

Su-25 Scorpion could be possible as it is Israelis made (?) So better possibility get license for it is there.

But Su-25T would already be killer, even more if TM model. Automatic targeting systems, integrated guidance with ground troops etc...

But before even that I would love to see proper ground troops modeled in DCS. Not individual soldiers, but platoons, companies, teams, squads etc that behave correctly. Escape from hit vehicles, assault locations, defends buildings and their roofs etc...

So that we have actual war situations with rockets, cannons and bombs, not just few vehicles.

Su-25 as KA-50 are underutilized as there ain't their main targets in game. People want smartbombs, as they don't need to target or support ground troops that would be everywhere.

It is just so wrong that there might be just few vehicles between airfield and target, and then few SAM to avoid...

And I wouldn't care of S-8 target would eventually be just a Sprite graphic infantry company... As long it would be there.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

cokpit SU25-SM

loock this https://soldat.pro/en/2018/07/06/su-25-grach/

su-25km-image1.jpg

cockpit SU25-KM

(it says so in the image url : (...)globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/images/su-25km-image1.jpg :) )

The Su-25SM (Stroyevoy Modernizirovannyi) is an "affordable" upgrade programme for the Su-25, conceived by the Russian Air Force in 2000.

The Su-25KM (Kommercheskiy Modernizirovannyy), nicknamed "Scorpion", is an Su-25 upgrade programme announced in early 2001 by the original manufacturer, Tbilisi Aircraft Manufacturing in Georgia

Cheers.