RTX 2080 TI Leaked

boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I'm hoping the 2070 is at least somewhat affordable.

Define affordable. Everyone has a different budget/threshold. Btw, I will be waiting for an ASUS or Zotac solution. I wouldn't use an MSI card if it was free.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Will only be "affordable" when crypto mining dies.

GPU mining is dead, it's just nVidia artificially keeping the prices up.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

GPU mining is dead, it's just nVidia artificially keeping the prices up.

Not nvidia, the resellers had the hope that the mining got another boost. The balloon popped. :D The coming weeks the prizes drop significant. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Sure nVidia, they delayed the launch of the 2XXX series just so they could get rid of all the surplus 1XXX series chips at the current prices.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

There are like 10 000 gamers vs 50 miners.

The gamers are the ones that keep prices up, not the miners. The miners are just causing a echo effect among resellers to push prices up and generate hype and then profit more from the gamers.

The money is still in the gaming

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The thing with mining is, it is not only/always GPU bounded, Ethereum was actually what caused the GPU embargo, but a lot of crypto work way better with ASIC, also, some peoples speculate that what made Nvidia price skyrocket wasn't actually crypto (tho it was part if it) but rather the pro sector with a lot of demand for rendering and gpu computing, from big data and machine learning to all the new youtubers who require GPU for things outside gaming like rendering for example (which is why Titan card exist, unlike what some people think they aren't made for game).

My personal analysis goes that way :

If crypto influenced GPU price recently, it was basically for lowering them, Graphic Card manufacturer and reseller got scared to sell graphic card to miner because this is a volatile market and while you are about to make 10k new graphic card striped down of feature useless for miners (which isn't anyway a desired thing since for the same building process they can sell card at higher price, which is why dedicated mining card were not a thing), if the crypto market collapse, you now have a lot of unsaleable cards, also they wanted price to increase anyway, so by holding the supply it resulted in high demand, higher price and low availability, they won at this time.

They saw that crypto was a strong market and a potential good opportunity to sell a lot of cards, but rather than then releasing lot of card for high price before the price got down because of lower demand from gamers, miners and other users, they were forced to hold down because gamers started to hate miners, this mean any reseller who make crypto card or don't do things to prevent miners to buy them would basically got red flagged, so they hold up and recently only (few month ago, 2 I think) they started to finally build up stocks and got ready to sell for everyone, but they were too slow and crypto value plummeted down at a point where it wasn't profitable to buy GC for crypto, Bitcoin got too low for that and already had ASIC and Ethereum not only loose value as well but ASIC started to be available.

And basically there were a lot of leftover card in the market while a really low demand also occurred, not only because no new major graphic card occurred, one big one was on the way (the new 20xx serie) and they were expensive, so the price started to goes down, peoples slowly buy again and stabilised the price (otherwise they would not be worth much today) and now they can't lower the price otherwise they will kill the launch of the new cards, they will probably have the 20xx serie at a higher price than would have been otherwise only for compensating for previous generation (after all, those leftover also need to be sold), and when enough new card will be sold, the previous series will see their price go down to get to get rid of excess stock and compensate the expense of producing them, but they won't lower much, just enough so that they are still viable to buy even tho the 20xx will be released for those who can't afford them, but not too affordable to sabotage the new thing...

Price will be really unstable and basically they can't really predict what will happen, so it will fluctuate to compensate, but I guess the price will bounce around MSRP and a certain level most of the time.

Anyway, who plan to buy one of this new card ?

I'll probably get a 2080ti to replace my old 7970 for having proper VR experience, but I won't buy it day 1, so I hope someone which will, will report on DCS performance and stability on 20x0 cards, if possible with VR.

Tho I am afraid that the Ray Tracing core will cause some troubles, some games probably coded shaders in their engine in a way that work with a regular GPU but won't be really useful or glitchy with RT cores...

I hope DCS isn't one of them, because DCS have a lot of picture in picture, transparency and lighting going on.

Tho I wonder if this tech could be actually used to reproduce radar scan for air to air and air to ground with lesser performance hit, because after all radar is basically a ray tracing tech, except that radar can pass through some object as long as this isn't dense enough, even IR sensors could benefit from that since basically it can be a simple PIP with its own shaders applied to it by hack where materials data will actually be heat data.

Tho this is only on paper, in reality since probably a minority of DCS users will own those card, it would not really make sense to do it...

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.