a plea- to reconsider giving alpha/beta access for wwii planes to backers

In my opinion, the amount of hours DavidRed spends tinkering with the DCS WII sides of things I would have thought that he would be a real benefit to ED to have him Alpha Testing.

Please Sith can you have a word??

i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz

Asrock Z77 Exreme 4

16Gb DDR3 1866mhz

Samsung evo 850 SSD

Nvidia GTX 970

• ED Team

ED decides on who they want to invite to the Tester team, and to be honest, I wouldnt recommend anyone anyways, it always has a way of backfiring in the long run... dont do it in the real world either... if ya want the job, earn it... if you deserve it, you will get it without my help ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Yup, you are your own example :P you apparently don't know what alpha/beta is. Check the link below so you can learn a little bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Beta

Beta, named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet, is the software development phase following alpha. It generally begins when the software is feature complete.

Nothing personnal ;) - and i do understand your frustration but I hope you will understand other customers frustration too.

I do agree with the staff - I'm not sure Alpha releases are really wanted.

Pffft :) I'm actually a professional software developer, you'll have to trust me when I say I really do know the difference.

My statement is factually correct though, as sadly lots of games developers are currently releasing products as "beta" despite missing features. Even Braben of Elite fame has annoyingly done it with Elite Dangerous. Beta 3 for example will add the ability to own multiple ships!

As general development note, I'd never ever want the general public testing alphas.

@ DavidRed

You obviously want to help, and considering your reputation, perhaps you should offer your time to ED and ask become a tester?

Edited by Buzzles

In the context of how ED does thing.... no its not silly... I dare say that other companies do these Alpha/Beta promotions as a gimmick, and may not be true Alpha/Beta versions in a lot of cases...

Sure, if you change the context, anything goes....:doh:

Sure, if you change the context, anything goes....:doh:

The context has not changed. This is an Eagle Dynamics forum about an Eagle Dynamics product; therefore, the context has always been as Sith stated.

In general, alpha access is like access to company secrets. If someone wants access they should work for the company properly. It shouldn't be made public, unless it is some public-effort open-source software organization, which ED obviously is not.

Edited by Dalminar

The context has not changed. This is an Eagle Dynamics forum about an Eagle Dynamics product; therefore, the context has always been as Sith stated.

You heard the man! Toe the line! Discussion over! :helpsmilie:

I think Sith's a good guy and all, but I didn't realize his words had the power to change history.

Review:

The project was a kickstarter in which backers paid extra money for alpha access.

Ed took over the project and alpha access was taken off the table.

The OP simply asked ED to re-consider having some sort of alpha access.

*My original point in this thread was that, people who paid extra money for alpha access actually wanted alpha access, and should not be dismissed as if they didn't know what they were paying for.

Sith posted "In the context of how ED does thing...."

So I replied if you change the context, anything goes.

Do you get it now? If your not sure, just start from the top again, or read the definition of "context". :smilewink:

As to the OP, I dare say at this point, we shouldn't get our hopes up for anything beyond what was spelled out in the June/July posts, by Wags. I'm not.

• Like 1