AMPCD difficulty

steelrfan85

I'd love some tips on this too, I usually just take away the moving map from the AMPCD because the green on black is substantially easier to read. It seems really difficult to read anything on the AMPCD while the color map is active.

Yeah, first thing I turn off as soon as that screen flickers on. It's strange considering it works perfectly well on the A-10C.. But I also remember hearing that most Hornet pilots turn off the moving map in reality as it simply serves no purpose to them.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

How to fix it...

RL pilots just dim it so it's there in the background but the lettering is still visible. To achieve this, edit the following file:

x:\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\AMPCD\indicator\AMPCD_init

and delete the first few lines of code so that it only displays the following:

opacity_sensitive_materials =

{

"MPD_DMC_OUTLINE",

}

-- Parameters handling functions

THEN when you boot up the jet, the AMPCD brightness knob only needs to be turned to about 9o'clock (just above completely dim). Check out my screenshots:)

Screen_190125_215312.thumb.png.78729164126039230f1213910daf6d8c.png

Screen_190125_215515.thumb.png.4f1a7bd47f9b5d5adc50d9813c132799.png

RL pilots just dim it so it's there in the background but the lettering is still visible. To achieve this, edit the following file:

x:\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\AMPCD\indicator\AMPCD_init

{

"MPD_DMC_OUTLINE",

}

THEN when you boot up the jet, the AMPCD brightness knob only needs to be turned to about 9o'clock (just above completely dim). Check out my screenshots:)

Wow that is huge....need to try it immediately....could be a game changer, expecially in VR

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽   🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

What an improvement. Good job man!

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

White color functions text ..how ?

Edited by SMN

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

The first thing I turn off when I start the jet is the map as its useless if you can't see the hsi.

I hope they sort it out before we get a targeting pod as that's really when the nap will come in useful!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

This, it's terrible at the moment...especially in VR.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

But I also remember hearing that most Hornet pilots turn off the moving map in reality as it simply serves no purpose to them.

I used to work on the Hornet back in the '90s. I used to use the map on the AMPCD all the time when we were deployed. It was the easiest way to find out where in the world I was. :)

• Like 1

{

"MPD_DMC_OUTLINE",

}

Thanks for this tip. When I attempted this the only result I got was a blacked out AMPCD. I don't believe I edited anything incorrectly. Has anyone else had success with the above?

This is what the file looks like after an edit: https://imgur.com/85m5Otm

Thanks for this tip. When I attempted this the only result I got was a blacked out AMPCD.

:)

It is correct!

AMPCD_init.JPG.ee2ab35371b863f46e80b16942dc3236.JPG

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Thanks for this tip. When I attempted this the only result I got was a blacked out AMPCD. I don't believe I edited anything incorrectly. Has anyone else had success with the above?

This is what the file looks like after an edit: https://imgur.com/85m5Otm

Try toggling to the HSI data screen and back to the HSI. I find sometimes this makes the color map appear

I get the a better result by deleting all the following:

{

MDG_font_name(MDG_SELF_IDS.HI),

MDG_material_name(MDG_SELF_IDS.HI),

"MPD_DMC_OUTLINE",

"font_MPD_DMC_outline",

"font_MPD_DMC_main",

}

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:)

It is correct!

Doing this nothing seems to change...the text appears green as always

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽   🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

the text appears green as always

I am not about text color in my post! :)

And about white color of the text (like screen) ... I ask too- how?

1071698071_AMPCD_initwhite.JPG.95540a46c0d9875e9cb7914bc59406fd.JPG

I am not about text color in my post! :)

And about white color of the text (like screen) ... I ask too- how?

I have the same issue...i also would like to know how to make the text white

Is this only for ( beta )? I do not have an ( init ) in ( stable ) same location. Beta work.

Never mind, did a repair and it shows.

Edited by FOXFIRE TWOONE

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip