Threat Guide - Weapon Info, RWR symbols, Images etc.

MadTommy

Ahhh thats it! always learning :smartass:

thanks for your time mate, and again, for all the effort you put into your guides :thumbup:

cheers!

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

• 2 weeks later...

Added to my Tutorial Collection :thumbup:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• 3 years later...

yes please.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 1 year later...

Checked it with SU25T

I checked if Sa-18 (or Igla) has maximum effective altitude of 3000m of engangment. And it HASN'T

So this tutorial is incorrect. Igla can shoot down plane flying EVEN on altitude of 3500m.

So this tutorial need to be corrected, because if you fly above igla at 3100m and you think that you're safe, you're wrong!

I don't know if that is wrong in this tutorial, or in-game. I tried to flying above igla on 3300m (With immortality, i wanted to check if that is correct) and what happend? SAM LAUNCH with hit...

Or maybe i don't understand something. If i'm saying something wrong, please correct me.

Regards.

Well i can attest to other weapon systems in real world that what the manual says is usually just a ball park answer.. With SA many factors come in to play aircraft manuevering, atmospherics angle of attack many others. I have an app on my ipad that gives me the ball park references and i always plus up the numbers.

500 meters is not much of a variance for a missile in my ballistics mind. This actually is showing that it seems they dont have a magic number set as a cuttoff for actual terminal effectiveness in the sim. So it seems its in sync with some reality which is cool.

Maximum effectiveness is not a exact science. M24 sws has been stated to have a 800m max effective range for a point tgt, well i have hit point tgts with that weapon system out to 1400m this is real world so translate that to the sim and you should always think manual says that igla has a max effective range of say 3000m but should immediatly know it all depends on many factors.

Edited by Enduro14

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Excellent work by the OP!

A few things I noticed:

• The SA-8 is "short-ragne".
  • The SA-15 and the ZSU-23-4 has a "Fuel Range" instead of an Operational Range.
  • Wherever there are references to degrees (turret traverse/elevation), some Ã's have snuck in.
  • You can save some space by referring to "Gun elevation/depression" as "Gun elevation". We should all know what a negative value means.
  • That should also help make room for the RWR code for the SA-19 at the top of the spec-list.

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

BUMP,, anyone have these top share? Thanks,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxDe_g4a9D3PWHQ4Z2JGZ1lVTG8/view

This one worked for me for Threat Guide4.pdf

Actually, incase we lose that one, I've copied it to here:

MadTommys_ThreatGuide4.pdf

And an Excel file I put together using MadTommy's data and extra symbology.

A10CThreatGuide.xlsx

Always scan for virus/malware. This was safe when I uploaded it. But you don't know me, so don't trust me.

Edited by Opy
Redirected to new file location

Thank you Opy!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 1 year later...

Any updates for Threat Guides? I have been searching for awhile, I am looking for any updates that have photos, such as this one:

1799631330_ThreatChart.thumb.png.138ae3fc8a8ab62dbbfed1aace965f94.png

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

Thanks, but I dont see the photos like the one I posted?

Thank you, that is indeed VERY comprehensive indeed! I will keep that one for sure. I am still looking for a updated QUICK reference chart much like the one I have attached as an example. Reason I am looking for quick reference is because I use a Tablet next to me for quick reference using Excel. Its nice and handy to click on a TAB real quick and select say "Threats" and get a consolidated chart. Thanks for this though,, very informative indeed.

Thats my point, and that is what I am in search of,, ,with the pics :}