Renting a Server !

I wanna rent a server for DCS multiplayer but i dont know how many ram and other confiqs it needs !

the website for renting is :https://server.nitrado.net/eng/rent-gameserver

Could someone please help or advice me , how to Order and optimize ?!

and is there another websites better or cheaper for renting ?!

Many thanks

ISAAC

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

I wanna rent a server for DCS multiplayer but i dont know how many ram and other confiqs it needs !

the website for renting is :https://server.nitrado.net/eng/rent-gameserver

Could someone please help or advice me , how to Order and optimize ?!

and is there another websites better or cheaper for renting ?!

Many thanks

ISAAC

Don't take a Nitrado Server for DCS ( I think also doesn't exist ), completely useless and worth the money.

Select a bare metal provider based on the zone you want host ( for EU zone ) I personally recommend OVH .

It's one of the most reliable provider for price.

Then you need to think how many instances and how you want host server: dedicated, full client host, full client with --norender option and so on.

Based on this you can tune you server specification.

I personally recommend to don't go under 3.4Ghz CPU with at least 16GB of RAM and SSD disk. If you plan to run multiple instances 24/7, you should probably get 32Gb or more.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

tons of great host out there that could host a DCS server. I rented a server for DCS for these guys for a very long time before buying my own server.

Check these guys out if you are in the US. Servers are nice and there support is even better.

Wholesale Internet

https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/

• Thanks 1
Coming Soon...
The Fraternity Returns : https://thefraternitysim.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I went down to my local Micro Center and bought an i7 windows machine with lots of ram and an SSD for like $400 bucks and some change. Tweeked it out to run nothing but DCS Server. Now you have a nice server without the monthly cost of renting if you are able to do so. But the next part to worry about is the quality and speed of its internet connection.

Edited by ElementLT
Coming Soon...

I went down to my local Micro Center and bought an i7 windows machine with lots of ram and an SSD for like $400 bucks and some change. Tweeked it out to run nothing but DCS Server. Now you have a nice server without the monthly cost of renting if you are able to do so. But the next part to worry about is the quality and speed of its internet connection.

On my previous house i was covered by FTTH and I was pretty confident to host by my self, with an UPS for server and ONT and dedicated 1gbps line, we have a lot of fun with that server, but unfortunately now I moved and no more FTTH :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Rent is the only option right now for me, even if it's not cheap, i spend almost 800€/years for our DCS server now.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Coincidentally I too went the Microcenter the other day to pick up (Curbside) parts for my new server (actually parts for my new Simpit PC and the Server gets the hand me downs [i7 8700K]) i9 9900K.

Unfortunately my upload is awful (20Mbs). Works great for 12 ish pilots but I dare not try anything more than that.

On my previous house i was covered by FTTH and I was pretty confident to host by my self, with an UPS for server and ONT and dedicated 1gbps line, we have a lot of fun with that server, but unfortunately now I moved and no more FTTH :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Rent is the only option right now for me, even if it's not cheap, i spend almost 800€/years for our DCS server now.

Im going to eventually be in the same boat at some point my friend. At the moment I have fiber optics with a gig line but fiber optics is not available for much of our metro area. So once I move I may have to go back to renting if I can't find a super fast connection.

Coming Soon...

Coincidentally I too went the Microcenter the other day to pick up (Curbside) parts for my new server (actually parts for my new Simpit PC and the Server gets the hand me downs [i7 8700K]) i9 9900K.

Unfortunately my upload is awful (20Mbs). Works great for 12 ish pilots but I dare not try anything more than that.

your upload speed is something you will want to consider especially if you plan on running a public server. Im currently with google fiber which offers a gig up and down.

And Im not 100% if this is still a thing but I still do it anyway just in case. But be sure to setup your autoexec.cfg file to get the most bandwidth out of your machine. Here is what mine currently looks like. again not sure if its still valid after all these years.

no_device_hotplug = true
crash_report_mode = "silent"
disable_write_track = true
webgui_port = 8088
if not net then net = {} end
net.download_speed = 1024*1024*256
net.upload_speed = 1024*1024*256

Coming Soon...

your upload speed is something you will want to consider especially if you plan on running a public server. Im currently with google fiber which offers a gig up and down.

And Im not 100% if this is still a thing but I still do it anyway just in case. But be sure to setup your autoexec.cfg file to get the most bandwidth out of your machine. Here is what mine currently looks like. again not sure if its still valid after all these years.

no_device_hotplug = true
crash_report_mode = "silent"
disable_write_track = true
webgui_port = 8088
if not net then net = {} end
net.download_speed = 1024*1024*256
net.upload_speed = 1024*1024*256

I'm pretty sure the autoexec.cfg bandwith tweak can't do so much if all of your client connected does't use the same exact values in their own files too!

First time I see this tweak in fact was "forced" by squadron like liveries pack or mod required to play with them ;)