Steam Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and Steam Specific Issues

ShaZe88

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Steam but could not find the info I wanted. I have never used Steam and would like to know.... 1. When I purchase a title from them, do I then download that title to my machine or does it reside on a server somewhere? 2. Also when I purchase a title do I also get DCS world latest version and can I change that particular version for an older version...like 1.6 instead of 1.7.

3. Are all the releases of DCS on Steam the final version or are some of them still beta versions, and how can I tell??

Thanks, Lazduc :D

4. Forgot to also ask......will all my titles that I have purchased from ED work on this Steam site?????

Lazduc

1. You download the title to your machine like a direct download, but it's already set up for you to start playing once it has downloaded and installed through the service.

2. Well...you can download an older version's installer (I think), but that's non-steam we're talking about here.

3. Most, if not all versions of DCS availible on Steam are final. Usually you'll find announcements made on the forums to tell if there is an open beta or final. Usually you'll only find open betas through the DCS website.

4. Can you elaborate please?

Hope this helps.

Edited by Harpoon

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

You will download the game from Steam, actually, Steam will take care of the downloading and installation when you tell it to. You will be able to re-download from Steam at any time you desire as well. Steam stores the keys for you as well, for anything purchased from them.

The versions available are current, but may be in beta (the Mi-8 is definitely still in beta) but I have never noticed if Steam tells you that anywhere.

You cannot install an older version from Steam.

The keys you have from purchases on ED's site will work on Steam as long as they are not very recent purchases. There is a lag of a few weeks between the time you purchase on ED's site and when Steam has that key in their database.

I think that covers everything.

EDIT: This image from the Mi-8 product page on Steam shows you where it is Early Access.

Steambeta_zps79c22f76.jpg

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You might have to briefly start the DCS World download on Steam to get the key. It doesn't seem to be possible to retrieve the key until you kick off the download (or at least I didn't see it). You can pause the Steam download right away, get the key then and paste into DCS World when asked for the activation.

No You dont.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1868861#2

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Question on FC3 on steam

Hi guys

I have successfully added my retail DCS FC3 to Steam. Which is great.

But does the SU25 and A10 upgrades come with the transfer?

I had a look and clicked on the SU25 and A10 for FC3 and it says add to cart. Normally if i own DLC for a game it will say already owned.

Or does the FC3 retail import already include the 2 addons that i received free when buying FC3 when 1st released on the DCS website?

As when i installed DCS FC3 retail before steam they were already on my purchased list in addons.

Rgeards

Mike

Those two modules are included in FC3. Same for me in the steam shop btw, It shows that you don't own the standalone FC3 modules - but you got them already with FC3.

(@Everyone else, keys were merged, my Jan. 2013 FC3 version from the ED store is now merged with steam.)

• 3 weeks later...

Steam now properly logs DCS: World time!

I guess have haven't been playing that much as of late, but I hopped on last night and realized Steam recognized that I was in the game for more that 1 second! You can also use Shift+Tab to open up your chat windows. Really awesome step forward for DCS: World :thumbup:

The only bad part is my streaming software, OBS, is crashing the game everytime I try to capture it with a Game Window. Not sure if this steam change had anything to do with it but I'll figure that part out.

4 hours logged already, with many more coming!

(This might be a bad thing too, do I really want to know how much time I spend in DCS?) :music_whistling:

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

• 3 weeks later...
I guess have haven't been playing that much as of late, but I hopped on last night and realized Steam recognized that I was in the game for more that 1 second! You can also use Shift+Tab to open up your chat windows. Really awesome step forward for DCS: World :thumbup:

The only bad part is my streaming software, OBS, is crashing the game everytime I try to capture it with a Game Window. Not sure if this steam change had anything to do with it but I'll figure that part out.

4 hours logged already, with many more coming!

(This might be a bad thing too, do I really want to know how much time I spend in DCS?) :music_whistling:

http://raptr.com/game/DCS-World

I'm gonna need HomeFries to slow down or I'll never catch up. (500+ Hours compared to my 25 or so logged, but it didnt count my DCS when I was playing 9 hour sessions a day online, I think I'm at around 450.)

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

• 2 weeks later...
I don't see this answered on the FAQ, so how many hours or days until I can activate the serial on Steam?

This is what I'm getting right now, but I guess it is normal, right? Due to the delay explained.

wlc35t.png

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2029586&postcount=3

Keys Purchased from ED/GameFly do no sync to Steam Same day, they are sent over to Steam in Batches.

Everything but KA-50-BS2 Upgrade will work on Steam, if you've had the licenses for a while, they should work, if you just bought them in the Sale going on or in the last 2 weeks they will prolly not work until the next batch is sent.

Depending on when the patches are sent, you may have to wait weeks before they work with steam.

FC3 Will work provided its v 1.2.7.xxxx

this has been covered over and over again./

that's pretty much the short version.

There's more official responses from ED Team Members if you want to search for them.

It's also Answered under the 2nd Question in the Steam FAQs of the First Post, w/ a Quote from Wags.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2029586&postcount=3

that's pretty much the short version.

There's more official responses from ED Team Members if you want to search for them.

It's also Answered under the 2nd Question in the Steam FAQs of the First Post, w/ a Quote from Wags.

Thank you, I read the FAQ like 10 times and I didn't notice the quote from Wags, sorry about that. :D

• ED Team

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

1.2.8 is in Open Beta,

When 1.2.8 "Goes Gold" and is released there will be a Steam Update.

If you wish to participate in the Open Beta, Follow the instructions posted above.

• 2 weeks later...

Steam

I recently purchased DCS World, the A10A, and A10C modules on Steam. Shortly after purchasing I remembered I have a 60% off any DCS module coupon from when I purchased my TrackIR. It looks like I need to purchase directly from DCS to use the coupon. If I purchase from DCS would I be able to use that module with my Steam install.m

Yes, as long as the license database between Steam and ED are in sync, which I think happens once a month. I've purchased both ways and activated both ways.

The exception is the BS1 to BS2 upgrade, that doesn't work on Steam IIRC.

• Like 1

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Yes. The caveat is that it can take up a month for ED to update Steam with a new list of valid keys so Steam will not recognize the key immediately after your purchase.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: