Should I buy the F-14 now?

Tiramisu

Like you guys already know the F-14 costs -10% less before its official release. So I wonder how long it probably might take after the release until its price gets reduced more than -10%.

I mean if it will take more than a year after release for its price to drop more than -10%, then it would best for me to buy it now. But if its price will already fall within half a year or if it will be included in a great bundle (like the recent Hornet+Persiamap-bundle), then I would not buy it right now.

I am not very familiar with the price policy of DCS and Heatblur Simulations, so this is why I am asking for your prognosis.

Edited by Tiramisu

Pfft, buy it now and support these awesome developers, i did.

Hehe, I would love to support them now. They surely deserve it, if it is going to be as good as the Hornet. :)

Still I am a little bit tight on budget, which is why I need to take care on which games I spend my money.

It usually takes about 6 months for the modules to go on sale, so the May Sale or the Summer Sale will be the first one.

I think I am willing to pay 8€ more to get the F-14 now instead of six months later. Currently the base price is 68,62€, but during the -10% sale it is only 61,76€. So if it will not cost less than 61,76€ - 8€ = 53,76€ in the sale six months later (i.e. if the discount will not be more than a -20% discount), then it would make sense for me to buy it now.

Like you guys already know the F-14 costs -10% less before its official release. So I wonder how long it probably might take after the release until its price gets reduced more than -10%.

I mean if it will take more than a year after release for its price to drop more than -10%, then it would best for me to buy it now. But if its price will already fall within half a year or if it will be included in a great bundle (like the recent Hornet+Persiamap-bundle), then I would not buy it right now.

I am not very familiar with the price policy of DCS and Heatblur Simulations, so this is why I am asking for your prognosis.

Does a bear crap in the forest?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

Buy it now. Support Heatblur, support the community, enjoy the ever loving piss out of it.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Something that concerns me right now is that on the steam page its release date is set to Winter 2019. I was thinking it would be this year.

Is it going to be released much later than for non-steam-users?

Actually, Heatblur stated that it would be released first on DCS stand-alone, and a bit later on Steam ... so, my hunch is that we will get the Tomcat on December 20-24, then the developers will take a short break for the holydays, and after the break the Tomcat will appear on Steam.

Regarding the original question, I'd suggest to buy it now ... if you wait, what will happen is that after release there will be tons of awesome videos, reviews and commentary ... you wont be able to hold back .. and will end-up purchasing it at full list price :D

Cheers!

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Lol! I have just read on Hoggit that the steam release will be this winter instead of next winter.

"Winter 2019" is a very ambiguous term. laugh.gif

So, I have finally decided to buy the F-14 asap.

Thanks for all the replies! I just needed a kick in the butt to make the right decision I guess. biggrin.gif