Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

This is amazing, will you do a setup tutorial video at some point next year?

There's not much to it. The instructions are pretty clear and there isn't anything else to setup. Unless I'm missing something?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Just received and installed order #1356!

Easy to install and calibrate as per instructions. The mod is AMAZING, better then I thought! GIANT improvement in control and precision of my slew button in multiple games now. GREAT WORK Deltaalphalima1 and THANK YOU!

Bonus, I realized immediately that my throttles were never properly calibrated. Now the left and right throttle register their throw in Windows equally when used independently from each other. Win win :thumbup:

Just ordered the upgrade looking forward to getting it, always hated the original sensor only just found out about this!

how much better are people finding the accuracy?

I take it even though its a different sensor you cant click the stick in and move mavericks about on the F/A-18? does the throttle depress button still have to be mapped to something else?

The accuracy is night and day, and yes it does solve the maverick slew issue in the F/A-18. The button mapping remains identical so no need to rebind anything; you'll just find you're in the axis tune menu deleting curves and deadzones with a big grin on your face. :)

So the maverick is working fine for you with no curves or deadzone? For me, it's like trying to hit an and with a mallet. The slightest movement of the slew controller causes the maverick to move a lot and thus it doesn't lock

I set the deadzones to 80% and also reduce saturation Y to just 4, basically forcing it to behave like pressing keys on keyboard. This way it slews even more accurately than keyboard, a single nudge in one direction seems to move it half the distance (a few pixels on screen) compared to single keyboard press when slewing GBU/MAV. It slews very slowly with this setting but more precise, of course you can increase saturation Y to your liking if you want it to slew faster.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

One thing I notice is that keyboard slew seems to have acceleration which is not present in axis slew (completely linear). When you press and hold keyboard the slewing goes faster the longer you press down.

This can become a problem since axis slewing in the radar screen is much slower/less responsive in the current state, so perfect axis slew setting for maverick will lead to crazy slow slewing in radar screen. I will mess around more with curve and Y saturation but this will probably reduce precision with the cursor going all over the places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

they've got maverick slewing, radar cursor, and HUD target point slewing (FLIR too, soon!) - ED has got to figure it out for all of them

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

they've got maverick slewing, radar cursor, and HUD target point slewing (FLIR too, soon!) - ED has got to figure it out for all of them

All ED really need to do is change it so that everything slews at the same rate on the screen, then users can take it from there by adjusting things based upon their own setup. Of course, this might not be realistic but it seems more practical since there is no way for it to be the exact same as the real thing. One example is the Maverick slewing while holding TDC down on TMW throttle, it's pretty much near impossible to do.

Just placed my order. Thanks.

I am here to fly..

Using my PC Power & Cooling 1200watt PSU

Asus Rampage Black 10

i7-4820k @ 4.1 on Air

32Gb Dominator

Asus Eyeinfinity 580X 8Gb

X-Fi Gamer

all on Windows 10 64bit in a

Lian-Li PC70 with 6 fans moving air thru case

Fly with WartHogs

Race with G27

Preordered mine as well

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice © Scooter

Intel Core i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, 32Gb DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti Extreme, VKB Gunfighter MkII + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Panels, TrackIR5

Thank You!!

Thank you, Deltaalphalima1!

I just starting looking of there is a solution to the TM HOTAS Throttle Slew Control, and was expecting to spend the entire morning looking and not finding a real solution, and then I found this right off the bat! What a piece of good luck for a change :D

Many thanks for all your efforts into offering a solution to this issue to the general public. I appreciate it immensely :thumbup:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Got my slew axis upgrade kit from Delta Sim today. The quality seems very good. Easy to install with good documentation. Restored default settings in USB game controllers. Installed new Thrustmaster drivers. Rebooted. Ran the Throttle Warthog Calibration (V1.07) tool from Delta Sim Electronics homepage.

The button click works and registers as BTN1, but no luck with the axis.

What can I do?

The button click works and registers as BTN1, but no luck with the axis.

What can I do?

I would recheck the connection, and if it still doesnt register the axis, try again with the original sensor. If that works fine, it may be an issue with the new unit.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Kudos to "Deltaalphalima1" for offering this upgrade.

I was very reluctant to order it, since I thought I would eventually switch the whole HOTAS to Virpil, but it now looks that it might take years for new stick base and throttle with analog slew to come up. If they ever will, seems that majority of customers want space sim controllers, not modern fighter jet stuff...

So I ordered the slew upgrade - the stock one is really crap. Now the wait begins.

My unit arrived today.

First, the negative: removing the old sensor from the housing was a pain. Literally. I think some of my fingertips will be numb for weeks. I finally managed to get it done with a flathead screwdriver and a *lot* of force put into it in order to push the plastic clip out of the way. Until then, the sensor sat so tight I wondered if it had been glued, or rather welded, into place (my Warthog serial # is 12694, in case that has anything to do with it).

Other than that, everything worked really smooth, the instructions are a joy to follow, and after flying the easy A-10 instant action mission (my #1 mission for testing pretty much anything to do with the A-10), I have to chime in: Man, this is night and day compared to the old sensor, what a work of art! Excellent hardware, Deltaalphalima1, thanks a lot! :thumbup:

I got mine. 5 minutes of work, everything fits perfectly, the calibration was a piece of cake with the supplied software.

Thank you from Argentina.

1abbd9e502b9f04bcec0a8a4faa89f2e.jpge2cc60685e397530ff953bdc74bfa48d.jpgceba149ac5907955589df73556446637.jpg

Sent from my Tornado IDS while on autopilot using Tapatalk Pro.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

Thanks so much to everyone how has posted any feedback or comments, even if I don’t reply to them all I really appreciate it.

The March batch sold out in spectacular fashion overnight after a post over on reddit (thanks for whoever that was :thumbup:) The April batch is now available to pre-order https://deltasimelectronics.com/products/thumbstick-slew-sensor-adapter

As normal April should be a worst case scenario date - hopefully orders placed now will be sent late March or early April.

I am still on target for shipping 20 orders per week, and I'm more or less up to speed after the Christmas slowdown. I am current up to order #1452 so you should be able to work out an approximate shipping date for you order from there.

I have been investing a lot of time and effort in improving the manufacturing process, and a few small working details over the last month or so. This should buy me some more time to get back to work on the radar elevation project.

A super work in progress teaser pic here (usual disclaimers apply)

attachment.php?attachmentid=201926&stc=1&d=1547292398

Thanks to everyone again for their support, here's to a great 2019 :)

IMG_20190112_112245.thumb.jpg.a08e324e933b35e875b2489326b0fe72.jpg

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

'Radar elevation project' - looks very interesting. :)

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

A super work in progress teaser pic here (usual disclaimers apply)

attachment.php?attachmentid=201926&stc=1&d=1547292398

Thanks to everyone again for their support, here's to a great 2019 :)

Looking awesome as always Delta, I've just had a thought.. Would there be space at the top of the end of the handle to do something similar to the IRL F-15 radar elevation rotary?

Like This:

attachment.php?attachmentid=201937&stc=1&d=1547300893attachment.php?attachmentid=201938&stc=1&d=1547300893

Just an idea.

F-15TH1.jpg.3b5b254c9fd873679d9f949e978afb22.jpg

F15TH2.jpg.ae86aab152744d175b00edcb1ca6af79.jpg

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.