VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Not had much time to mess with the whole voice attack thing, just reading out the voice training stuff.

I have noticed one problem with Viacom pro though. It started after first use.

When you do the left alt left ctl+ C thing and the config window comes up, it immediately crashes VA.

The only setting I altered was to synch the chatter with radio power on.

I removed the Viacom pro folder from VA apps and VA is working normally. Could not get back in to de synch chatter to see if it is causing the problem as VA stops immediately the config window appears.

Any ideas?

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

@dawgie79 Cool thanks for updating.

@Ares63 Yes you can do that by creating a dynamic VA profile where you create additional TX press/release commands using Exposed Variables.

a few words about it here

@Badger. Yes I see it in dcs.log but it's unclear what's causing it.

VAICOM PRO has been tested to run together with Tacview and various other tools.

The snag seems related to a third app i.e. another entry in your Export.lua.

First you must make sure that you have the latest versions of all apps and then try disable other entries in Export.lua that could be causing this issue.

PM me if you need more help.

@Tinkickef RivaTuner Statistics Server is know to cause problems with opening the config window.

Set Application detection level for VoiceAttack to None. Otherwise inspect Windows Application log for more details.

Removing the config subfolder resets settings.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Hi Hollywood, thanks for the reply!

My export Lua only has 5 lines (attached), three are blank and the other two are Viacom and Tacview… so nothing to do there

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Hi Hollywood, I tried to apply the FINISH steps since the last update and Vaicom keeps telling me that there are blank entries that need to be removed before it can complete the update. Obviously the updated commands list is not visible so I can't remove blank entries manually.

Please advise.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog, Logitech G Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3, Heatblur F14B/A, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle and all but one of the warbirds. Caucuses, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, Channel and Syria.

where is the kneeboard folder in dcs located.
C/user/yourname/saved games/dcs/kneeboard

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Upgrade Cost?

I'm running the older version of VaicomPro, along with the Chatter pack. Just noticed the upgrade while doing a refresher on YouTube. Don I have to pay again for this package, or can I use my prior registration to use the newer product? And will I have to do an uninstall/reinstall to get it working?

-= Gary =-

a.k.a. Florida - Current DCS Beta, A-10C II Warthog, F/A-18C Hornet, F-16, F-14B Tomcat, P-51D, Spitfire, Track IR, Logitech X-56 HOTAS, Logitech rudder pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Throttle Quadrant, Razer Orb Weaver, X-Box controller

:pilotfly:

I'm running the older version of VaicomPro, along with the Chatter pack. Just noticed the upgrade while doing a refresher on YouTube. Don I have to pay again for this package, or can I use my prior registration to use the newer product? And will I have to do an uninstall/reinstall to get it working?
Use your registration info. Mine worked fine when I reinstalled the new one. You don't need to reinstall you basically just copy the folder and overwrite the old one, update the keywords database after reloading the profile.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Use your registration info. Mine worked fine when I reinstalled the new one. You don't need to reinstall you basically just copy the folder and overwrite the old one, update the keywords database after reloading the profile.

Thanks! Now I just have to find the registration keys!????

-= Gary =-

a.k.a. Florida - Current DCS Beta, A-10C II Warthog, F/A-18C Hornet, F-16, F-14B Tomcat, P-51D, Spitfire, Track IR, Logitech X-56 HOTAS, Logitech rudder pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Throttle Quadrant, Razer Orb Weaver, X-Box controller

Thanks! Now I just have to find the registration keys!????
Yeah I just searched my Gmail inbox for Viacom and they showed up. Gotta keep them somewhere else too in case those emails ever get deleted.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I just downloaded and installed the latest app. Followed all of the instructions, and Voiceattack runs and loads the Vaicom Pro profile. Only problem is, Vaicom Pro will not open with the Lctrl-LAlt-C command. Any ideas?

-= Gary =-

Try re-importing the .vap profile. Happened to me last week

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Try re-importing the .vap profile. Happened to me last week

Nope! Didn't work! Next idea?

-= Gary =-

Fidget, I'd try an uninstall, reboot, check all folders are gone or empty and install again from scratch.

I'm very new to VoiceAttack myself. It's struggling to understand my lazy arse drunken Aussie accent.

Oh and training Windows to understand "At Sea", oh, I mean "86", no, "ATC". Yeah. almost painful. Have to remember to call it "Tower" instead.

And anything that sounds like "Delete" or "Strike" or "Copy", just skip those. It takes it as a command and I couldn't see where to turn that feature off.

Could we have a manual on names to call and their relative effects? A reference I mean.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Could we have a manual on names to call and their relative effects? A reference I mean.

I don't know if this is what you are looking for. But I made a pdf list of the commands a while back that can be imported into the KneeboardBuilder app. And also a Summary cheat sheet that I display in a window on top of the game when I need it.

VIACOM PRO Command List.rar

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Hi Hollywood, I tried to apply the FINISH steps since the last update and Vaicom keeps telling me that there are blank entries that need to be removed before it can complete the update. Obviously the updated commands list is not visible so I can't remove blank entries manually.

Please advise.

Hi Phil

I had the same problem. Here is what you do. Open the Configuration window, select "Keywords Editor", Open the "command phrase" dropdown. The top of the keyword list in the dropdown list is blank. Delete the blank line at the top.

If that dont work paste the commands in notepad and remove all the emty spaces at the beginning of the document text. Then copy and paste that text.

Hope this made sense. Typing out of memory right now :noexpression:

Edited by Agent_wolf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ANON6-1 | Wolfie

I don't know if this is what you are looking for. But I made a pdf list of the commands a while back that can be imported into the KneeboardBuilder app. And also a Summary cheat sheet that I display in a window on top of the game when I need it.
Thanks a lot

Still can't get Viacom to load, although VA works fine. But it may be an install problem. I had the older Viacom and decided to start fresh, so I deleted the Viacom folder and re-installed the new version per instructions. I hadn't had any chance to open it and install my new registration, yet when I launch VoiceAttack, it is showing "VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License:PRO" My old version was licensed, so it masy be looking at the wrong place for the new one.

In any event, I need some guidance from Hollywood, maybe, to get this fixed.

-= Gary =-

There is currently a now long standing bug in Voice Attack (not Vaicom Pro) that makes it look like that field is empty, when it actually contains what it should. If you follow the ctrl&a, delete and paste steps, you should therefore be good.

Thanks but what about chatter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@chaser You need to confirm you downloaded Chatter.dll and put in the right folder, correctly activated your chatter license and have your chatter settings/volume so that it can be heard.

If still not hearing anything you'll need to inspect your audio driver settings.

Apps like SonicSuite etc. have been known to make a mess of audio routing.

@Snacks that's a nice one, you should put it on the User Files section with a VAICOM tag.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

How do I add new command to the default profile.

I have read through the provided user manual and no description.

I am trying to setup command for view command such as

F1 cockpit view

F2 aircraft view

F3 fly-by view

F6 weapon release view

F7 Ground unit view

F8 Target view

F10 Theatre map view

Kindly send guidelines or link.