My New Cyclic Build with Magnetic Brake Trim - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-15-2017, 12:37 PM   #81
molevitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannibal View Post
amazing work.
my collectives and cyclics are just collecting dust.
im waiting for a descent two seat attack helicopter.

really would like a DCS module of the AH-1 cobra or AH-64 apache
will have to give the Mi-24P sometime after its release, wish it could have been the Mi-24V...
Hey Hannibal,

Dust off your collectives and come fly choppers with us over at BSD and 229th 1stAirCav.

May be no 2-seaters yet, but we do have a great time!

Mole

Mi-24 Cyclic and Collective with Magnetic Brakes and Force Feedback
Mag Brake in operation
molevitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:50 PM   #82
molevitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang View Post
Hey Molevitch,

This is a really Great Work!!

I'm not sure there is a good reliable collective on the market. If you choose to, this could become a hot item.

Keep up the great work.
Thanks Stang,

Its an amateur build really, and I don't have tools and workshop to consider production for sale. I hope other builders here will get some tips and inspiration for their own pits.

Mole

Mag Brake in operation
Old 09-17-2017, 06:05 PM   #83
bunkaiotoko

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4l0 View Post
Wow amazing print! Are there any plans/files available?
Hi f4l0
Thank you

Some files may be released when completed. Parts used for collective friction are diverted because they use diverted parts, so there is no versatility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molevitch View Post
WOW, that's amazing! Great looking result. How are you damping the collective axis?

Will you do the cyclic as well?

I look forward to seeing the next stage.

Hi molevitch
Thank you

Collective dumping diverted friction plate of waste parts.
Turning the handle moves the plate and presses it to produce resistance.

At the moment there is no plans to make cyclic.
Because the stick that I am currently using is using the one that combined G 940 and Warthog.
However, it may add an analog axis as it is not braked.

The next stage ... I am thinking a lot but I hear that it will take time because I have a lot of things I have to study.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0352.JPG
Views:	487
Size:	590.0 KB
ID:	169330   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0333.JPG
Views:	489
Size:	795.5 KB
ID:	169331  
bunkaiotoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:31 AM   #84
f4l0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkaiotoko View Post
Hi f4l0
Thank you

Some files may be released when completed. Parts used for collective friction are diverted because they use diverted parts, so there is no versatility.

Hi molevitch
Thank you

Thanks! Looking really forward to 'build' my own collective but somehow never did the first step. Always was struggling how to build that 'lift' mechanic...

Feel the brrrrttt:
[Official] SimShaker for Aviators Forums thread at ED forums
SimShaker blog - transfer game effects into the real world
SimShaker Soundmodule with Voicemeeter Banana Setup: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2469416

DCS Toggle Switches

System specs: Intel i7-8700k, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia 1070 GTX, lots of SSDs
Flightgear: Oculus Rift, Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Bass shaker
f4l0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:39 AM   #85
doveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by molevitch View Post
The trimmer button releases the magnets so the stick goes loose. I have to centre it manually, there is no spring to bring it back to centre. I use the red diamond instrument indicator to check for true centre and keep it on most of the time.

So without pressing the trimmer the cyclic is in a fixed position, held by the force of the springs in the force gradients. I can make miniscule adjustments by pushing the stick against the springs resistance. But I can press the trim button and keep it pressed and simply move the stick all over as I please. Or I can do a momentary press to trim and release.
Hi molevitch

Inspiring work. Maybe I should sell my MSFFB2s and do something similar, although I probably wouldn't go to the expense of buying a real cyclic but just make a DIY one with tubing and my F16 FLCS grip.

One question, do your trimmer and collective brake switches still send a signal to DCS? Although your controls don't depend on DCS to hold them in place, I believe at least some of the helos (I only really have knowledge of the KA-50) depend on those signals for the correct operation of the autopilot/autohover systems.
Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3, 6950 2GB (unlocked to 6970, 880/1350Mhz), Win 8.1 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Spare/Backup rig: Phenom II X4 955 @3.5Ghz, MSI 990FXA-GD80, True rev. C HSF w/ Arctic F12 PWM fan, 8GB DDR3, HD6850 1GB, Win7 x64.
doveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:05 AM   #86
FragBum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkaiotoko View Post
Though it is not completed yet, thanks to you, I was able to produce collectives so far.
Thank you very much.
I get the reference now for your collective. V-nice.

I've managed to land the Mi-8 a few times now, well just land it.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors.
FragBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:18 PM   #87
molevitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by doveman View Post
Hi molevitch

Inspiring work. Maybe I should sell my MSFFB2s and do something similar, although I probably wouldn't go to the expense of buying a real cyclic but just make a DIY one with tubing and my F16 FLCS grip.

One question, do your trimmer and collective brake switches still send a signal to DCS? Although your controls don't depend on DCS to hold them in place, I believe at least some of the helos (I only really have knowledge of the KA-50) depend on those signals for the correct operation of the autopilot/autohover systems.
Hi Doveman,

Long time! Yes, my MSFFB2 Frankenstick is now relegated to spare equipment. If you can get a real cyclic, it certainly has the "cool" factor....

My Trimmer and mag-brakes do not communicate with DCS. I did wonder if this was important or not.... So far it does not seem to matter, as the stick position is read by DCS once trimmed. I only just tried KA-50 with it last night for the first time, and did not yet try auto-hover with the mag-brake system. Interesting thought... The same question will apply to Gazelle I guess, and any other yet to come modules with autohover.

I will try it and report back. I have mostly been flying Mi-8 and Huey recently. I have Gazelle too but get pissed off with it, and Ka-50, well, its an old friend I just revisited for the first time in about a year.

Mag Brake in operation
Old 09-18-2017, 02:26 PM   #88
hannibal

hope to fly with you soon, molevitch!

others: i found alot of great inspiration from the website hovercontrol.com when i was building my heli controls.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179
hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:29 PM   #89
molevitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4l0 View Post
Thanks! Looking really forward to 'build' my own collective but somehow never did the first step. Always was struggling how to build that 'lift' mechanic...
What do you mean by " 'lift' mechanic" ? Maybe I can help... as somebody with no mechanical experience, but did it anyway!

M

Mag Brake in operation
Old 12-17-2017, 08:55 PM   #90
ruso

Hi. How do I finish the project ?. You finished it?. Greetings.
ruso is offline   Reply With Quote