Can not take off and maintain Altitude

juniormafia27

Everytime I take off....I begin to lose power and crash. I do not get after burner on take off neither on carrier nor land. Carrier take offs say set trim....can not figure out how to so that. Very frustrated. I try to follow others videos...but still no dice. Please help.

You need to bind the "Both burner" button or switch it off in the menu See my post here

Takeoff trim, there is a button middle left hand side, press that and you will see 12 on the stabs on the FCS page of the DDI.

If you haven't yet? Download chuck's guide, see my sig below.

Pic out of chuck's guide

attachment.php?attachmentid=187828&stc=1&d=1529288205

Download here under jets

-

Takeoff_Trim.jpg.580d6bb413827dc16a153330b85b892c.jpg

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

As David OC stated, there is a specific button to set Takeoff Trim. You just press it, and you're done. Don't forget to reset FCS (Flight Control System) Faults by pressing the FCS Reset Switch (also on same slide).

For the afterburner problem, it's actually a feature of the aircraft. Check out David's link on page 79. It explains that there is an afterburner detent lockout during specific conditions. The way to make sure that you engage afterburners properly in those cases is to raise the "finger lifts"on the throttle. I think the switches are mapped to 0 and 9.

Additionally you will want more trim for a carrier take-off, 16-19 degrees on stabs depending on weight, then you wont get the "Check Trim" warning. You can see how much trim you have on stabs in either the FCS or Checklist page, the Checklist page also shows your current weight. The push-button inside the rudder trim sets it to 12 and then you use your normal trim control (hat or whatever you set it to) to adjust it to the weight (again this is only carrier, for airfield its always your standard 12)

G39jdhm.png

Edited by Etirion
Added Picture

Are you using simplified flight model? It is not finished and working incorrect right now.

this. turn off game flight mode if you have it ticked.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP OMEN 880-130 - Windows 10/Intel Core i7-8700K/2TB HDD/ 1TB SSD/32GB DDR4 RAM/GTX 1080 Ti