Eagle Dynamics at Flight Sim Expo 2019

Wags

Cool beans Wags! If you want to do a dry run, here at home in Phoenix, let me know. I can clear the calendar, and provide some real time feedback. :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Booked for the weekend. My first trade show in 16 years of flight simming. That's what I get for living in Alaska for 35 years. Look forward to meeting you Mr. Wags!

Bob AKA Radial9

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

How is the Warthog less real???

I think he meant "correct". The Warthog is real/ correct for the A-10 and F-16...

The Hornet Stick is real/ correct for the Hornet...but appears to have fewer buttons...However, if I'm doing the math correctly there number is the same...

Both have a Paddle switch, a pinky sw, a weapon release button, 2 stage trigger, a Trim Sw, a 5 axis CMS switch , a mode / recce event switch...the only switch the Hornet stick lacks is the 4 axis TMS Switch...

But according to rumors, the Hornet Castle switch and Trim switch both have a Z-axis. (press in)

The Hornet also has a slider just above the recce sw.

If my math is correct, That's the same number of buttons as the Warthog.

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

The Hornet also has a slider just above the recce sw.

Rocker is probably a better description, forward, back, and depress.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I finally got to see it at Oshkosh last year. I like it, but I'm not sure I'll switch to it. The warthog, while less "real", has more buttons :-)

It has the same amount of buttons as the warthog stick.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Eagle Dynamics at Flight Sim Expo

For those curious, I will be attending FlightSimExpo 2019 in Orlando on June 7th. I’ll mostly be at the Thrustmaster booth to help demonstrate DCS: F/A-18C Hornet, but I also plan to show off some new modules coming later this year. I look forward to meeting many of you there!

- Wags

So is the exhibit floor open to everyone Friday or do we need to sign up for one of the "Captains Corner" lectures to get in? The website doesn't mention general admission on Friday.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

While not ABSOLUTELY positive, I do believe the trade show floor is NOT open Friday. Presenters for Captains Corner are four seminars; Prepare 3D, Jetline Systems, Navigraph. ORBX and X-Plane. They are timed seminars, one right after the other.

Hopefully Mr. Wags will clarify the 7th (Friday) only comment. I am attending the Captains Corners seminars, however I don't believe the Thrustmaster, or any vendor booth is operational on Friday.

Hopefully I'm wrong and will be corrected. I'm hopeful I could see the DCS new module previews, but would need to know the time as to decide which other seminar I may have to forgo to see them.

Cheers,

Bob

Edit 4/17: I did talk with the admin folks for the show. There is no access to the vendor floor on Friday. Captains Corner conferences are in another breakout room for most of the day Friday the 7th.

Edited by Radial9

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Here's an idea for the multiplayer guys which wouldn't be able to attend in person, to set up a mission flying to the virtual location of this Expo in DCS and watch it while flying if it's going to be a livestream.

I'd even donate a few coins to who are close but would need some assitance (ED could vett them they're really real and check that they really go), but I don't want to be the one organizing that. To kinda kickstart the public to go out for these events more.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Here's an idea for the multiplayer guys which wouldn't be able to attend in person, to set up a mission flying to the virtual location of this Expo in DCS and watch it while flying if it's going to be a livestream.

I'd even donate a few coins to who are close but would need some assitance (ED could vett them they're really real and check that they really go), but I don't want to be the one organizing that. To kinda kickstart the public to go out for these events more.

That is a great idea.

Too bad SATAL won't be running until Saturday, that's an impressive showcase for DCS and Thrustmaster's generous sponsorship. Prob worth at least having video running.

But yeah a fly-in would be cool.

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

Glad to see this Wags. I went to flight sim expo last year. I told the organizers they should include DCS world. I am formerly a civilian flight sim enthusiast (X-plane but a years ago also FSX) but it has lost a lot of appeal when compared to the leaps and bounds DCS has made in the last few years. I chose not to attend this year primarily because I did not see a DCS presence. I think this is great, and I hope you guys chose to keep attending US based flight sim conferences as I think it would really help boost the DCS customer base. If this is the case I will definitely come out next year.

For those curious, I will be attending FlightSimExpo 2019 in Orlando on June 7th. I’ll mostly be at the Thrustmaster booth to help demonstrate DCS: F/A-18C Hornet, but I also plan to show off some new modules coming later this year. I look forward to meeting many of you there!

- Wags

Just the 8th.

...sorry for the question, but is it the 8th or the 7th? :joystick:

We're coming over from the Tampa Bay area and I want to book my hotel room on the correct date...

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Eagle Dynamics at Flight Sim Expo 2019

(For those curious, I will be attending FlightSimExpo 2019 in Orlando on June 7th. I’ll mostly be at the Thrustmaster booth to help demonstrate DCS: F/A-18C Hornet, but I also plan to show off some new modules coming later this year. I look forward to meeting many of you there!)

I'm betting that one of the new models will be the reworked carrier MOD

Edited by VMFA-Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

• 3 weeks later...

Multiplayer at these types of events can be pretty difficult to pull off due to the varying quality of available internet access. Sometimes it's adequate, and sometimes it just isn't. As we were manning the Thrustmaster Booth at Oshkosh last year (2018), we experienced only limited success. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Streaming before or after at all?

@Wags

Really good example you did with Hornet and PG map with your YT streaming sessions. We were able to sneak peak coming modules back then. Since you are planning to showcase modules coming this year at FSE19, will you be doing streams prior to that or after the event at all?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Wags.

Hope you don't mind for the perhaps silly question, but those like me, not so lucky to be there and know you in person I mean, would see a report after some time, as you kindly are used to?

With best regards.