The dogfight switch

Cintra

Slave and bore is switched with the uncage button on the throttle and it works.

I can't reproduce this. It should be cursor enable, but neither works for me. To clarify - we're talking about toggling bore/slave modes of aim-9 in dogfight mode? Is this working for others and its just me or what?

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

Remember that SLAV/BORE selection is set per missile and so it is possible to have six missiles with six independent choices. One can choose to put one AIM-9 SLAV and the other BORE and simple step missiles to have either configuration ready to fire.

Should this work right now?

When I change from slave to bore, bore is set to both missiles.

DCS Rafale - please :thumbup:

Dogfight mode confusion.

Okay guys I’ve napped the dogfight mode switch on my throttle.

When I click it it goes into dogfight mode and back to nav mode etc etc.

When I go up with 2x 9X and click dogfight I get the 9X hiss and the small diamond. I point it over the enemy aircraft and it gets a solid tone.

I don’t seem to get a target lock symbol?

Am I missing on something and is dogfight mode JUST for sidewinders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to use the TMS to change radar modes, when entering dogfight mode the radar is switched to standby (notice the NO RAD in the HUD).

hctab6K.png

To lock the enemy aircraft with the aim9 use uncage once you have a tone, the tone will change to a higher pitch.

You have to use the TMS to change radar modes, when entering dogfight mode the radar is switched to standby (notice the NO RAD in the HUD).

hctab6K.png

To lock the enemy aircraft with the aim9 use uncage once you have a tone, the tone will change to a higher pitch.

Ahh okay thank you very much. Half the battle I’m having is finding how ED have labelled the bindings in the controls options. There isn’t a TMS. It’s target..

It seems to now be auto locking. Do I still need to uncage?

Yes and no it depends.

If the aim9 is in slave mode you can always just hit uncage to then slave the aim9 to the radar target, dont need to have the diamond over the enemy to lock it up.

If it is in bore(sight) and you're looking at the target it will still guide towards the enemy without uncage but if you want the seeker to keep track itself (i can only get this to work with the HMCS myself for some reason) you still have to uncage.

Have a quick look at this video too

I have a related question about DGFT mode.... Everytime I use boresight or vertical to get a lock, if I then thumb forward to switch to MRM mode to use the AIM-120, it breaks the lock. Is this correct behavior? If so, how do I switch missile modes while in DGFT from AIM-9 to AIM-120 and back? There's been many a time I've missed a fleeting shot because I've broken lock trying to go to a -120. TIA.

I’m trying to resolve the exact same issue. If I have 9X and 120c onboard and then hit dogfight mode it always defaults to 120s first and I can’t change the 9X. No button mapping available.

When you find yourself being disappointed about something like this, ask yourself the "Priority question".

Is this switch really something ED cares about right now? All I ever do is hold my NWS button for 1 second and I've got my aim9x and that's all I need to either finish the fight or be finished.

But yeah, would be nice if it was working as with many other things that aren't.

Is that an option to long press in the bindings menu? All I can see is nose wheel steering button.

How do you map long press? There isn’t a long press binding in DCS?

You don’t map it. You just hold the button for longer.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Long press just means to press the button for a significant duration. It's the way the system designers have one button perform two tasks based on how long the button is held. There are even situations where "double tapping" does something different still.

Yes, DGFT override should select the priority SRM or I think any valid SRM if one is memorized from a previous instance of DGFT. It should not select AIM-120 if any AIM-9 are available.

I can't reproduce this. It should be cursor enable, but neither works for me. To clarify - we're talking about toggling bore/slave modes of aim-9 in dogfight mode? Is this working for others and its just me or what?
They are adding this function as per Wags Viper mini update.

* Added cursor switch depress to switch between AIM-9 BORE and SLAVE modes.

Thanks ED.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

They are adding this function as per Wags Viper mini update.

* Added cursor switch depress to switch between AIM-9 BORE and SLAVE modes.

Thanks ED.

Well you can kind of already do that by mapping OSD right 19 (I think) can’t you?

This works only if your MFD is showing SMS which is the case when you enter Dogfight mode.

Actually I have a couple of questions for you guys :

- Dogfight mode will automatically switch the MFD to SMS. Is there an easy / quick way to display HSD (datalink) instead via hotas?

- MSL Step allows to switch between missiles with long press, any chance we can trigger this function with a short press ? I don’t find this really convenient.

Thanks for your help

Edited by noxyd

Aorus Z690i, 13600K @5.5ghz, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3600 C16, SSD WD SN850 black, HP Reverb G2, Virpil WarBRD + MongoosT50 CM2 grip

The MFD will switch to whatever is set as the preferred display in the DTC preferences or whatever is last displayed when last in that mode. No, DGFT does not always pick the SMS format on the right MFD.

DMS right and left presses cycle the right and left MFDs through their three available formats.

No, the sim will not be implementing behavior which is not actuate to the real airplane.

The MFD will switch to whatever is set as the preferred display in the DTC preferences or whatever is last displayed when last in that mode. No, DGFT does not always pick the SMS format on the right MFD.

DMS right and left presses cycle the right and left MFDs through their three available formats.

No, the sim will not be implementing behavior which is not actuate to the real airplane.

Thanks Frederf!

I did some testing after reading your message.

I’m new to the Viper and I didn’t have the right logic.

Was not using the switch properly actually.

I can now toggle between dgft and a2a using the same button with datalink always displayed on my right MFD.

:)

Aorus Z690i, 13600K @5.5ghz, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3600 C16, SSD WD SN850 black, HP Reverb G2, Virpil WarBRD + MongoosT50 CM2 grip

There is an interesting bug/WIP issue with boresite right now. When you TMS up it will slew the radar to where you are looking (and every time you press TMS up it updates to where you are looking). This is how boresite locking works with the helmet display right now. If you TMS down after this it will return to boresight mode looking down the hud as you expect.

You can actually watch this happen on the FCR. Look up and to the right for example and press TMS UP, you'll see the radar beam will move up and right (look at the carats on the edges). Once you press TMS down, it will re-center vertically and start to move very quickly around 1-2 degrees horizontally (and now a boresite lock down the hud will work).

Hopefully once we get dynamic helmet boresite following implemented like the hornet, this wont be an issue anymore.

hopefully fixed soon.