MFD stops working with USB Audio

Hi, strange issue but I just can't work it out. Any suggestions welcome.

I have DCS + TM Hotas WH + Trackir + 2 Thrustmaster MFDs.

All work fine, if I use external speakers. At night however (to keep quiet) I need to use my USB Headphones (Turtle Beach Stealth 700). USB headphones work fine (they are through a USB switch-box, so I can also use them with my PS4). It all works perfectly well.

However, as soon as I switch on my Turtle Beach USB Headphones the 2 MFDs stop working. Pressing any button on the MFDs doesn't work in the sim. All the lights are on. If I disable the USB Headset the MFDs work fine again.

I have disabled Power Management for all USB devices/ports.

Just can't work it out. Please post any thoughts. More than welcome.

Many Thanks

Hi

My thought is that your asking your USB hub for too much power. The MFDs are hungry hectors. Certainly the hub on my secondary Dell monitor couldnt handle them both although its perfectly content to power the Track IR camera, Delan led clip and headphones.

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Getting a power plug on the hub is a good idea, another oddity with DCS, and USB devices.

the headset waking up could cause the hub renumerate devices slightly differently and suddenly they identify the mfd's as different devices and won't use your defined keybinds.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

Try unplugging your usb hub they are connected to, restart computer plug back in and see that helps. I have a seven port hub that sometime's all or one port will stop working and the doing this works for me. Also try unchecking hardware acceleration in your headphone properties if it is checked.

Edited by FOXFIRE TWOONE

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Hi all, many thanks for your replies. The MFDs are connected to an internal USB card, only the headset is connected to the powered USB HUB.

But i'll try connecting the USB headset to an internal USB slot also and see how that goes.

Please keep any suggestions coming :)

OK, fixed it thanks to your help & recommendations. It was USB power I think.

Both the USB Hub/Switch and the 2 MFDs were all connected into the same internal PCIe USB Card. I have now plugged the USB Hub into an onboard USB slot and its all fine. PCIe card mustn't have had enough power.

Thanks again all.:)

• 2 weeks later...
OK, fixed it thanks to your help & recommendations. It was USB power I think.

Both the USB Hub/Switch and the 2 MFDs were all connected into the same internal PCIe USB Card. I have now plugged the USB Hub into an onboard USB slot and its all fine. PCIe card mustn't have had enough power.

Thanks again all.:)

yep power is needed :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]