JF-17 Future

Chiron

No.... just no.

I have no idea how someone might get the idea, that Deka is intentionally increased the performance of the JF over the real counterpart. At least not someone, who spend more than 5 Minutes looking into the modeling of the module:

It is the only module in DCS, that has a targeting pod with limitations. Every single targeting pod in the game enters a perfect track of any target, as soon as the targeting pod starts rendering the scene. The JF is the only targeting pod in this game that has a limitation build in, beyond ~21nm it is unable to measure distance correctly and unable to enter either point or area track.

Did they model realistic limitations of the system to overstate the capabilities of the plane?

It is the only modern module that suffers from engine surges due to smoke ingestion or overspeeding.

Did Deka introduce this limitation to make the aircraft better?

Deka removed the BRM-1 90 rockets from the inner pylons, due to possible exhaust gas getting into the engine and that could lead to an engine surge.

Did Deka remove weapons because they wanted to make the JF-17 more powerful than it is?

Right now the BRM-1 90 uses the Vikhir control scheme, instead of the one from the laser maverick, for example, removing the ability to use it with an external laser source.

It is one of the few modules in DCS that have modeled pilot overheating and freezing. Lost the ECS? Better descend below 10k feet or your pilot will start blacking out due to hypothermia. Meanwhile, the F/A-18C can happily cruise at angels 40 without a canopy.

Did Deka model this to overstate the capability of the JF-17?

The JF-17 is one of the few modules that is affected by jamming at all in the game. The radar can be jammed and prevent it from IFFing a soft locked target correctly. Sometimes it is necessary to enter STT just to get an IFF response.

But I guess that Deka modeled this to inflate the capabilities.

The JF-17 is the only model with at least a rudimentary model of an IFF system, no other module needs to worry about entering IFF codes in this game.

The JF-17 is one of the few models that have INS drift modeled at all. Even if the amount of drift is overstated right now. Most other modules have perfect INS without any issues.

I have literally no idea how anyone, who spends more than 5 Minutes looking into the quality of the modeling, can get the idea that Deka is trying to "inflate the performance". Is it perfect? Of course not. Some issues still remain, that will hopefully get fixed soon.

Of course, you can call me biased too, if you want. The JF-17 is by far my favourite module in the game right now. Why? Because it has great system-modeling combined with realistic limitations.

This ^

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

What I don't understand is... the JF-17 is not remotely "better" than the Viper or Hornet... Especially after multiple SD-10 adjustments... What are they complaining about?

I think that most people are 6 months out of date on the state of the "jeff" and just end up repeating what they hear online about it from a handful of uninformed guys.

TBH the only thing that might be "OP" on the jeff at the moment is the way the radar provides instant aspect updates, and then overall radar behavior which will hopefully get fixed as time goes on. Some things about it are too good or modeled too simplistically. And thats perhaps because the devs might not have that level of info IMO. Or may just as easily be limited by the API. But at the end of the day I have faith that they will improve the model.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I think that most people are 6 months out of date on the state of the "jeff" and just end up repeating what they hear online about it from a handful of uninformed guys.

TBH the only thing that might be "OP" on the jeff at the moment is the way the radar provides instant aspect updates, and then overall radar behavior which will hopefully get fixed as time goes on. Some things about it are too good or modeled too simplistically. And thats perhaps because the devs might not have that level of info IMO. Or may just as easily be limited by the API. But at the end of the day I have faith that they will improve the model.

Seems you may be slightly out of date also;)

Radar works very realistically now, aspect and speed only updates when the bar passes over it, so bar and azimuth setting has huge effect on both speed of your own updates but also mid course updates of the SD-10, if they maneuver too much while your update rate is low you can lose track. It’s a lot of fun to see the TD move around.

Along with the other radar features added like the real ACM scan pattern being added, I don’t even know what anyone could ask for anymore when it comes to radar

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Here a statistic about Jeff's K/D. The imagine shows a KD of around 1:1. It realy isnt op. Data was collected on Growling sidewinders server. Source: https://growlingsidewinder.com/server/player-statistics/

attachment.php?attachmentid=244760&stc=1&d=1597433259

Yep. If you look at blueflag its the same. 1.17 KD for JF, while F-16 is at 1.3, and F-18 is at 1.45. F-14 is at 2.2 (!). So yea in no way is the JF OP

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

I believe Dundun demanded MP track which could be big in size (I wish I still had it) Well...I guess Dundun is just quite happy with current SD-10 performance lol.

They aren’t t the only one. IMO it just needs same kind of aerodynamics(moving control surfaces, autopilot) as AMRAAM as soon as API is available

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I didnt demand a track, Im just saying that anyone can say that X missile is too easy to defeat, without a track/tacview, or even a simple description of whats going on its useless. Also if you ask me AMRAAMs are still too easy to defeat:

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

I believe Dundun demanded MP track which could be big in size (I wish I still had it) Well...I guess Dundun is just quite happy with current SD-10 performance lol.

As long as deka models it as realistically as possible within the DCS framework, which theyve been doing, i am happy yes. Isnt that what we all want?

Edited by dundun92

HP Z400 Workstation