Old 08-15-2019, 05:58 AM   #81
AeriaGloria

Impressed keep it up!
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:05 PM   #82
Berniyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakoz View Post
The key effect to see is to force trim the stick forward (away from the pilot) and show that it holds the stick without falling forward due to gravity. Showing that it has the power to move the heavy Warthog stick is a good start (and it looked good), but the ability to hold the stick were commanded against gravity without falling further away from stick center is the real test. Thanks.
Even if it falls off that's not a big deal. It's not like you're going to take the hand of the cyclic in a helicopter, because even if trimmed perfectly you'll still going to do a lot of micro-input all the time.
Berniyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:26 AM   #83
FoxHoundcn

Force Feedback Joystick Test on KA-50

https://youtu.be/34cKeTIJ4FM

Last edited by FoxHoundcn; 08-16-2019 at 01:34 AM.
FoxHoundcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:03 AM   #84
METEOP

FoxHoundcn I have a few questions if you dont mind, by the way this looks very promising!

- What company do you represent?

- Have you an agreement for distribution? What are you sales channels going to look like?

- What will be the guarantee and how will we be able to have the unit repaired/replaced in case of problems?

- Ever though about having you products distributed by a major player (like thrustmaster for instance)

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD
Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator
METEOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:37 AM   #85
hideki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by METEOP View Post
- Ever though about having you products distributed by a major player (like thrustmaster for instance)
Maybe not Thrustmaster as it is a huge corporation that is only interested in maximizing profits and not in satisfying needs of sim community. But how about VIRPil? They have the capital to invest and are still small enough to care about the community needs. They seem quite passionate and will for sure be able to appreciate what you have achieved!
hideki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:47 AM   #86
FoxHoundcn

Quote:
Originally Posted by METEOP View Post
FoxHoundcn I have a few questions if you dont mind, by the way this looks very promising!

- What company do you represent?

- Have you an agreement for distribution? What are you sales channels going to look like?

- What will be the guarantee and how will we be able to have the unit repaired/replaced in case of problems?

We are a startup company, very small, named Gauss. There is currently no suitable channel, especially in foreign markets. But we promised that it was not artificially damaged. Permanent warranty. Free for one year and then paid.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:24 PM   #87
Dudikoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxHoundcn View Post
Force Feedback Joystick Test on KA-50
Thanks for the video, seems to be strong enough to handle the TM grip weight.

But, IIRC, you would normally press and hold the trim button (which would disable the FF effects while held), move the stick to a new position and then release the trim button and the FF effects would come back and hold the stick in the new position.
i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!
Dudikoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:19 PM   #88
FoxHoundcn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudikoff View Post
Thanks for the video, seems to be strong enough to handle the TM grip weight.

But, IIRC, you would normally press and hold the trim button (which would disable the FF effects while held), move the stick to a new position and then release the trim button and the FF effects would come back and hold the stick in the new position.
The current joystick has a custom spring force in addition to the FF.You can decide for yourself whether it works.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:34 PM   #89
METEOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideki2 View Post
Maybe not Thrustmaster as it is a huge corporation that is only interested in maximizing profits and not in satisfying needs of sim community. But how about VIRPil? They have the capital to invest and are still small enough to care about the community needs. They seem quite passionate and will for sure be able to appreciate what you have achieved!
good point

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator
Old 08-16-2019, 08:35 PM   #90
METEOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxHoundcn View Post
We are a startup company, very small, named Gauss. There is currently no suitable channel, especially in foreign markets. But we promised that it was not artificially damaged. Permanent warranty. Free for one year and then paid.
thank you for your answers and I wish you the best of luck with your venture it looks very promising!