Force Feedback Joystick Coming soon - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-12-2019, 04:31 AM   #61
AMRAAM_Missiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxHoundcn View Post
We have 8-way with push down.
Excellent! That is truly first of the kind. Please do let us know when the grip can be purchased! I will wait for the base to be proven a bit (and probably a bit of a price slash) but it is also looking good!
Old 08-12-2019, 06:23 AM   #62
Fri13
Veteran

Make it all from plastic, support only a 2x 4-way hats and 2 buttons + trigger, make the FF engine only deliver 200g force Max, and price it for 199€ for those who want it all just for low price, and ready to buy a new one in a year.

Now, seriously. There is a difference do you go after 20% market or 5% market, but there will be someone who pays for high quality and high performance. But they is required to be delivered in first time.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:07 PM   #63
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
Make it all from plastic, support only a 2x 4-way hats and 2 buttons + trigger, make the FF engine only deliver 200g force Max, and price it for 199€ for those who want it all just for low price, and ready to buy a new one in a year.

Now, seriously. There is a difference do you go after 20% market or 5% market, but there will be someone who pays for high quality and high performance. But they is required to be delivered in first time.
I'm in that latter group, but I don't wanna be the beta tester either.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:37 PM   #64
sydost

Yesterday I made a not very scientific measurement of the force provided by my modified dual MSFFB2 setup. I have cougar grip in it and the stick should have around four times the force of the original MSFFB2. I got out a 1,1kg force measured at the top of the stick which is 35cm from the gimbal. That is around 3,7Nm from the motors so it is quite close to what this stick has to offer and I say that it is quite good for such a small stick. I am definitely interested in this one. In my stick the cougar grip is on an 15cm extension and there is no big problems but my stick additionally has a counterweight which helps the situation quite a bit.

Adding a counterweight below the stick improves the handling with extensions and heavy grips remarkably and it actually removes the problems. So I would suggest to FoxHoundcn that it could be a good idea in the future to add an option for a counterweight to your sticks if it could be easily done. This video shows what I mean by counterweight https://www.veoh.com/watch/v16515202...Cougar+FFB+Mod
It would be enough to have a possibility to remove part of the bottom plate and be able to screw an additional shaft to the gimbal and then users could add correct amount of weight to counter the weight of the used grip.

How well does this stick support VPC Mongoos T-50CM2 grip. Does all functions like the analog hand brake work or is it the same as the Mongoos grip attached on to a Cougar or Warthog?

Do you have any estimate when this will be available?

Now we just need to have ED to have one of these sticks when they are released so they could start to improve the FFB support . Good times
sydost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:18 PM   #65
Supmua

This base might just be great with the Realsimulator's F-16 grip, as that grip doesn't care which base it is mounted on. The buttons and switches can be operated solely via bluetooth connection to the PC. It is also a lot lighter than the Warthog's grip which is a huge advantage with forcefeedback.
Throttles: TMWx2
VR: HTC Vive/Pro/Oculus Rift/Valve Index.
Supmua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:10 AM   #66
FoxHoundcn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydost View Post
Yesterday I made a not very scientific measurement of the force provided by my modified dual MSFFB2 setup. I have cougar grip in it and the stick should have around four times the force of the original MSFFB2. I got out a 1,1kg force measured at the top of the stick which is 35cm from the gimbal. That is around 3,7Nm from the motors so it is quite close to what this stick has to offer and I say that it is quite good for such a small stick. I am definitely interested in this one. In my stick the cougar grip is on an 15cm extension and there is no big problems but my stick additionally has a counterweight which helps the situation quite a bit.

Adding a counterweight below the stick improves the handling with extensions and heavy grips remarkably and it actually removes the problems. So I would suggest to FoxHoundcn that it could be a good idea in the future to add an option for a counterweight to your sticks if it could be easily done. This video shows what I mean by counterweight https://www.veoh.com/watch/v16515202...Cougar+FFB+Mod
It would be enough to have a possibility to remove part of the bottom plate and be able to screw an additional shaft to the gimbal and then users could add correct amount of weight to counter the weight of the used grip.

How well does this stick support VPC Mongoos T-50CM2 grip. Does all functions like the analog hand brake work or is it the same as the Mongoos grip attached on to a Cougar or Warthog?

Do you have any estimate when this will be available?

Now we just need to have ED to have one of these sticks when they are released so they could start to improve the FFB support . Good times
Very interesting transformation, but our structure is different from FFB2, not a universal joint.
T-50 has the same signal as Warthog, so you can use it directly in the program.
FoxHoundcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:47 AM   #67
Ranma13

Does it only support the original Virpil MongoosT-50 stick, or also the MongoosT-50CM2 stick?
Ranma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:50 AM   #68
FoxHoundcn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma13 View Post
Does it only support the original Virpil MongoosT-50 stick, or also the MongoosT-50CM2 stick?
As long as it is compatible with TM Warthog's joystick, it can be supported.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:01 AM   #69
Ranma13

The MongoosT-50CM2 grip is "compatible" with the Warthog base, but not all the buttons will work unless the base specifically supports the grip. What sydost and I are asking is if this new FFB base is only compatible with the subset of buttons that are "TM Warthog compatible", or if it will support all the buttons on the T-50CM2. Based on your response though, it sounds like only the TM Warthog compatible buttons will work, but not all of them.
Ranma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:04 AM   #70
FoxHoundcn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma13 View Post
The MongoosT-50CM2 grip is "compatible" with the Warthog base, but not all the buttons will work unless the base specifically supports the grip. What sydost and I are asking is if this new FFB base is only compatible with the subset of buttons that are "TM Warthog compatible", or if it will support all the buttons on the T-50CM2. Based on your response though, it sounds like only the TM Warthog compatible buttons will work, but not all of them.
Through the software, we can adapt any kind of joystick as long as his protocol is compatible and do not need to worry about the number of buttons