2.5 Size?

fatboy

All these suggestions are clear as mud.....kinda like the........ update/patch/fix/move/repair/1.5xxxx/2.1xxx/stable/released/ edit/copy/search/reinstall/what version?/which update?/ when?/ new build/ new engine/ new graphics/ trains/ground troops/mod to fix/ mod to repair/5K of info on how to fix newest stable version to be stable/ etc. A degree in computer science...................LOL

Laz

:doh:

I hear ya!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

All these suggestions are clear as mud.....kinda like the........ update/patch/fix/move/repair/1.5xxxx/2.1xxx/stable/released/ edit/copy/search/reinstall/what version?/which update?/ when?/ new build/ new engine/ new graphics/ trains/ground troops/mod to fix/ mod to repair/5K of info on how to fix newest stable version to be stable/ etc. A degree in computer science...................LOL

Laz

The depth at which at least some on these boards understand what's "under the hood" of DCS makes my brain hurt.

And here I always thought a .LUA was a Hawaiian BBQ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Well I think my plan will be:

Copy files from 1.5 Beta and Stable to my HDD. Then uninstall both.

That will leave 2.2 Open Alpha on the gaming SSD, and I should have room for the 2.5 install ( hopefully).

If the installer manages to find and use any files from 1.5 that will be fine, if not will just be more to download. I will get it all just the same, may take while longer.

My choices are limited currently.

I will be doing a new PC build later this year, and will make sure I get some nice large SSD's.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Some people have commented on how the 2.5 installer will deal with existing files in 1.5/2.2.

Chizh's post here says:

DCS World 2.5 will be released as a new download (NOT an update to an existing version).

Modules under DCS World 1.5 and 2.2 will not need to be re-downloaded or activated. Just do not uninstall DCS World 1.5 and DCS World 2.2 Open Alpha prior to installing DCS World 2.5 Stable, as 2.5 will copy the modules over from 1.5 and 2.2. This should greatly reduce the amount of time to update to DCS World 2.5.

I've highlighted the word 'copy' as I think it might be pertinent to players who may have limited space on the drive they're installing to. If the installer copies files (not moves as some people have said) then clearly that's going to consume more disk space. At least until the install is complete and the older installs are tidied up/removed (whether by the player or the installer).

Some clarification from ED would be useful here (player speculation is pointless) so those with limited free space can prepare accordingly prior to 2.5 dropping.

Edited by epoch

Patience is a virtue.

I'll be letting the guys with the super fast internet connections and 1TB

SSD's install 2.5 first. Then I'll sit back for a week and listen to the bish fest,

crying and of course some accolades. During that time any major boo boos

should be ironed out.

Of course I will have to make several bowls of popcorn during this week

while I am watching the show.

After the initial dust settles I will then see if my puny 120GB SSD will handle

2.5 or not. If not I will then purchase a larger SSD and install it. I will then

copy my current installation from the old SSD to the new one.

At that point I will then begin the download and installation of 2.5

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy and I've had both.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok Now I'm super confused.I personally want to keep 1.5.8 on my little 60 gig hard drive as my 2.2 is on a normal HDD and TBH doesn't run well it has terrible stutters and frame rates fluctuate a bit I'm hoping the 2.5 release and me putting it on a new SSD i have just ordered will sort that out. As i think that's my problem with 2.2. So my question is, when 2.5 comes out and i download the installer will i have the option to install it wherever i want? i.e the new SDD.(please keep in mind guys I'm barely computer literate all this tech talk from some of you guys is going way over my head:helpsmilie:) Again Thank you so much for the reply's and help you guys are great:thumbup:

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

As 2.5 will be a new installation, you will decide the installation path.

During the installation DCS World 2.5 will copy files from 1.5.x and 2.x - so that you don't need to download everything (aka NTTR & Normandy, aircrafts, helicopter....).

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Thank you for that:thumbup:

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

Ok Now I'm super confused.I personally want to keep 1.5.8 on my little 60 gig hard drive as my 2.2 is on a normal HDD and TBH doesn't run well it has terrible stutters and frame rates fluctuate a bit I'm hoping the 2.5 release and me putting it on a new SSD i have just ordered will sort that out. As i think that's my problem with 2.2. So my question is, when 2.5 comes out and i download the installer will i have the option to install it wherever i want? i.e the new SDD.(please keep in mind guys I'm barely computer literate all this tech talk from some of you guys is going way over my head:helpsmilie:) Again Thank you so much for the reply's and help you guys are great:thumbup:

To be honest fatboy I'm not sure how the 2.5 will handle that but even

if you install 2.5 on your current Hard Drive you can always move DCS

anywhere you want later. No biggy.

It's been asked and answered many times on this forum when people bought

new SSD's with previous versions of DCS and wanted to move DCS to the

new SSD.

I'm guessing the 2.5 installer will allow you to select the drive you want to

install it on and just copy files from your existing installations as required.

This is mentioned in the newsletter to leave your existing stuff alone.

So I say not to worry. Either way you can get DCS 2.5 on that new shiny

SSD. :smilewink:

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy and I've had both.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I own all modules and DCS World with some campains and no extra MODS. In the 2.2.0 we have 2 Terrains, Nevada and Normandy 1944.

This one require almost 85GB. When we will go to 2.5 we have to consider even Caucasus Terrain. So with DCS 2.5 complete I imagine to be at 100GB. But "ASAP" it will arrive the wonderfull F/A-18 and the Strait Of Hormuz Terrain. So easily We will arrive to 120 / 130 GB.

Thinking even to other future modules absolutely to have such as F-14, F-4, Mi-24 Hind and so on I think we all should reserve a quick SSD HD of 256GB to be sure. I'll do this way for myself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139168989452694/about/

ASUS ROG - TM Hotas Warthog - TM Hotas Cougar - TM F-18 Grip - Oculus Rift S - Track IR 5

For now I have OS and DCS located in same 500GB M.2

But this will change with 2.5, a new DCS dedicated 250GB M.2 is arriving tomorrow and it will be ready to take in The Merge. I'm prepared and waiting.

Asus X99 Deluxe II|Intel i7 6850K @4.2GHz|G.Skill 64GB Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz|Noctua NH-D15 and 4x NF-A14 PWM|Corsair HX850i

Win10 Pro 64 @M.2 512GB 950 PRO|DCS @M.2 250GB 960 EVO

ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX OC 8GB GDDR5|ASUS PG348Q - LG 25UM58 @3440x2520

Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent|TM Hotas Warthog 7.5cm ext & 3x MFD Cougars|MFG Crosswind|TrackIR 5

A-10C|AJS-37|AV-8B|BS2|F/A-18C|FC3|Mi-8MTV2|PG NE NO SY maps|Tacview.