Radar altimeter after cold & dark

derodo

Hey there,

Is it me or is the radar altimeter not working after a cold & dark startup?

I must confess I didn't read the NATOPS, so it might just be me not flicking a switch or something. I tried following all the intructions in the cold & dark training mission and it's the same. I'm able to start it up, taxi & take off. Everything seems to be fine, but the radar altimeter.

Once airborne, switching from BARO to RADAR simply makes the blinking B to appear next to the altitude reading on the HUD, but no matter how low I go, it keeps blinking.

When I start a mission already in the air, the radar altimeter simply works; once I get below 4000ft, the blinking B dissapears and the R shows up.

Any hints? Am I missing something?

Hey there,

Is it me or is the radar altimeter not working after a cold & dark startup?

I must confess I didn't read the NATOPS, so it might just be me not flicking a switch or something. I tried following all the intructions in the cold & dark training mission and it's the same. I'm able to start it up, taxi & take off. Everything seems to be fine, but the radar altimeter.

Once airborne, switching from BARO to RADAR simply makes the blinking B to appear next to the altitude reading on the HUD, but no matter how low I go, it keeps blinking.

When I start a mission already in the air, the radar altimeter simply works; once I get below 4000ft, the blinking B dissapears and the R shows up.

Any hints? Am I missing something?

Did you turn the radar altimeter on? Turn the little knob on the radar altimeter right and set a minimum altitude. If you do you initially get the low altitude alert sound.