How to contact Razbam?

davebert

I wouldn't be suprised if FC3 would get the new copy protection system too eventually. Anyways, pls keep us updated as I'm really curious what the issue there is :)

Well even worse, he has other purchased jets too like the F5 and a few others and the Huey too. It sure has taken the fun out of playing. :music_whistling:

I fixed it. I will post more info tomorrow. :)

Oh, that's great news! :thumbup:

I'm really curious how you did that!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Oh, that's great news! :thumbup:

I'm really curious how you did that!

Well, after numerous hours trying all the Microsoft fixes (none worked although SFC (system file checker) and scandisk reported no problems) I decided I would try to do a Win10 Repair by creating the media and running it with the option set to "do not delete apps or personal files". This was run from Windows from an image on a flash drive. It would run and look promising but would end up failing. So I looked into using DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) which is another Microsoft command line tool to fix problems with Windows. I went through the list of commands in the proper order to check the current Win10 image and it said that it had a problem in the Windows Component Store that could be repaired. So then I had to use the flash drive image to extract the install.esd and convert it to a install.wim file so it could use the files from there to fix the problem. But that operation would fail with something about files not found. That ended up the DISM tool couldn't extract and convert the install.esd into a install.wim file due to corrupt image on the flash drive. And after many different errors (I have most written down) I gave up and tried again the next day. It ended up that the flash drive he had or the image I put on it was bad so he found another one and I created a new install image on it. Then I said we should just do a clean install but we couldn't get his motherboard to boot from usb (known issue for certain Gigabyte motherboards 9 years old) so instead of doing a repair install live in Windows, I changed it to an upgrade install and "do not save anything". This reinstalled Win10 Pro as an upgrade and went fine. He installed DCS and tested the Harrier and it worked so he installed all of his DCS stuff and it all works. :thumbup:

Of course now I think I figured out his Saitek X52 Pro ministick is causing another issue where his mouse cursor has a mind of its own while not in DCS. I started reading about it so at least I can fix it one way or another.

Here are some, but not all of the error messages I had to deal with...

The language or edition of the version of Windows currently installed on your PC isn't supported by this tool

the source files could not be found

0x8007025D-0x2000C

the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during APPLY_IMAGE operation

The specified buffer contains ill-formed data

access denied

Edited by davebert

So, basically a complete reinstallation of Windows fixed it. It sucks that you had to go all that way to fix the DCS problem, but I'm glad it fixed it in the end. Thanks for sharing your experience, it might help other users with similar problems! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes, and what made it even more confusing was that all of his other games worked fine and DCS worked fine except for the new protection. And even more strange, the Nevada test Range *did* work and it had the new protection. And his pc worked great for everything else. In the end, some section of the SSD got corrupt and all the repair tools in the world couldn't fix it, and they even reported there was no problem. I tried to avoid the complete reinstall but it had to be done. Maybe now we can have some fun. :joystick:

So, basically a complete reinstallation of Windows fixed it. It sucks that you had to go all that way to fix the DCS problem, but I'm glad it fixed it in the end. Thanks for sharing your experience, it might help other users with similar problems! :thumbup:

Yes, and what made it even more confusing was that all of his other games worked fine and DCS worked fine except for the new protection. And even more strange, the Nevada test Range *did* work and it had the new protection. And his pc worked great for everything else. In the end, some section of the SSD got corrupt and all the repair tools in the world couldn't fix it, and they even reported there was no problem. I tried to avoid the complete reinstall but it had to be done. Maybe now we can have some fun. :joystick:

Yeah, pretty weird issue. I still don't really understand what that was.

Tornado3 small.jpg