REQUEST: reduce scratches on canopy

bkthunder

Please ask maintenance to polish it! :)

In real life when you have a really scratchy canopy, in dusk and at dawn, it's really bad! Sometimes I have to get my lateral references to know where I'm going.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

+20

There are enough visual limitations in video games compared to real life, we hardly need game developers going out of their way to make use feel more senseless. If they want to be concerned with realism, how about enhancing the graphics and giving us better focus and 200 degrees of peripheral vision. No? Then screw the obfuscating crap.

Edited by smallberries

Agree with this. Please dial the scratches back by about 30 to 40 percent. The density and opacity is too high - coming from someone who has flown 20+ year old PC9s irl.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitch:

My Specs:

i7 8700K, 32gig Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz, 2080ti, Obutto R3volution, VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro EN, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift S

MMSOBGYTAST!

• 2 weeks later...
if you zoom in the scratches become giant.

...... Isn't that how zoom is supposed to work....

Haha. I haven't seen what you mean as I use a mod in my canopy, but that statement seems funny.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

...... Isn't that how zoom is supposed to work....

Haha. I haven't seen what you mean as I use a mod in my canopy, but that statement seems funny.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah I see how that could sound odd lol. It isn't natural though for two reasons. One, they seem to grow relative to the canopy. By that I mean you zoom in a little bit and they get huge, it's like having a half inch thick gash in your canopy except it's a spider web of them that completely obscure your view. Two, IRL your eyes can focus past them and they aren't a big deal or they would have been buffed out or the canopy would be replaced.

It's already hard enough to see things in dcs because your brain can't compensate for movement or shaking, which is how humans easily spot moving objects. Your eyes can't focus on distances because you are in fact looking at a screen not far in front of your face, and DCS is limited in resolution compared to your eyeballs. We don't need another thing making this needlessly more difficult. The canopy wearing works great on the mirage. It needs to be like that on the harrier. I also shouldn't be able to see less of something when I zoom in, that's just counter intuitive haha.

i cant even see the scratches, i have dirt and flare turned on, and all settings to high. what am i missing? also raindrops don't show up either despite the box being ticked

8700k @5.2ghz delided \ Asus Maxiumus XI code \ RTX 3090 FE \ 32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3600 \ 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME \ 1TB samsung 850evo \ 2TB WD black HDD \ MFG crosswind v2 \  Virpil WARBRD X2 Constellation Alpha L+R and Mongoose CM3 throttle \ ASUSPG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide 

[/i]https://imgur.com/a/VjNEllM