Better Trees for Caucasus V6

On 8/18/2020 at 12:54 AM, Taz1004 said:

1 minute preview of V4 Winter. I've also made some improvements to other seasons as well.

It's pretty much complete but I want to wait until the next DCS update to see if it breaks (or fixes) anything. So release in couple days.

Wow! 

Just saw this now, is it still maintained? 

• Like 1

Taz1004 is active in the community with other Mods he has made and has kept them updated. 

• So far there has been no need to update the latest v6 of the Better Trees Mod. 
  • But yeah... WOW, the trees really help Caucasus look better.  I can only offer "Conspiracy Theories" as to why Eagle Dynamics has not adopted the Better Trees Mod into the Core game. 🤣
  • Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

I've been away from DCS for years. It's not related to textures specifically but... isn't there scale of the trees completely off?! The seem too high to me.

In any case, well done and thank you for your work! 👍 The trees is an example of an absolutely shoddy work on ED's part, topped on my list only by sky color banding and the @%$@ hardcoded bloom effect.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

your skills would improve Normandy and channel maps, amazing work.

• Like 1

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

43 minutes ago, KCOOL said:

Many of us dreaming of updated Taz patches for 2.9. Or confirmation current versions are good to go.

Hopefully our dreams will come true sometime in the near future

😉

Works fine here under 2.9

• Like 3

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

7 hours ago, Spetz said:

So rotor wash works with Taz Trees?

Yes. This mod (and its Marianas version) only replaces textures, so doesn't affect model animation, which is a separate thing.

• Like 3

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 1 month later...

Hey how are you doing?  Quick question and bare with me (just found this mod and I'm new to using OvGME).  Just wanted to ask what is the installation route for OvGME.  Is it OvGME Mod Manager\DCS Root Install and then put folder Taz 1004_Better_Trees_v6_Dark (or name of folder) into the DCS Root or would it be the vfstextures folder going into the DCS Root folder?  Hope that makes sense.  I appreciate what you do and thank you for your help in advance. 

35 minutes ago, nws9140 said:

Hey how are you doing?  Quick question and bare with me (just found this mod and I'm new to using OvGME).  Just wanted to ask what is the installation route for OvGME.  Is it OvGME Mod Manager\DCS Root Install and then put folder Taz 1004_Better_Trees_v6_Dark (or name of folder) into the DCS Root or would it be the vfstextures folder going into the DCS Root folder?  Hope that makes sense.  I appreciate what you do and thank you for your help in advance. 

This question would be more appropriate on OvGME thread as it's about how to use OvGME.

Under Config - Edit Current.  The path you set for "Configuration mods folder".  Just drop the zip file of this mod into that folder.  And then enable the mod.

Edited by Taz1004
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I'm just downloading these to have a first look, but not sure I'll try them all as I initially intended - the downloads are at low ADSL transfer speeds so it takes a long time for a single 46MB file.

Don't know where they are located - currently 77kbps on my fibre connection which should have them down in a few seconds. Shame, but still - thanks for doing them, heard nothing but good comments so this will be the first mod I've used since DCSW 2.5 (excepting aircraft) because default Caucasus in VR looks dire.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I am in Canada and just tested the download of the Better Trees V6. Took 5 seconds.  Do you have a VPN running or can you try downloading using another browser?

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello  @Taz1004 ! Thank you so much for the great tree mod! Excuse me, I'm probably asking too much, but... is there a chance to get an additional winter tree option in the future? In winter, in countries with a warm climate (including Caucasus), they can often be dark (dark brown?) rather than white

wood12.png

(also, even in colder countries, trees can often look like this in winter)

In addition, we now have a Barthek mod with snowless winter  🙂..

Edited by Red_Pilot

2 часа назад, Red_Pilot сказал:

Thank you so much for the great tree mod! Excuse me, I'm probably asking too much, but... is there a chance to get an additional winter tree option in the future? In winter, in countries with a warm climate (including Caucasus), they can often be dark (dark brown?) rather than white

Replace all files in the ForestSubctrateWinter, ForestSubctrateWinter, Trees7Winter, Trees7Winter archives with any other files from the seasons archives. Rename the json files in the archives with new tree files for winter to forestsubctratewinter and trees7winter. Enjoy.

Снимок экрана 2024-02-02 235815.png

51 минуту назад, Hip Hind сказал:

Replace all files in the ForestSubctrateWinter, ForestSubctrateWinter, Trees7Winter, Trees7Winter archives with any other files from the seasons archives. Rename the json files in the archives with new tree files for winter to forestsubctratewinter and trees7winter. Enjoy.

Thank you, I replaced the winter trees with autumn ones, but these are still not trees without leaves, like here

trees-winter-grove-of-trees-snow-wallpap

Edited by Red_Pilot