"GREYHOUND" New Tom Hanks Movie

Phantom88

Never realized that German U-Boats made Transformer-like sounds, they must have neglected to mention that when I was watching 'Das Boot' :megalol:

Ah well, trailers... hopefully, the movie is better

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

If you don't mind old(er) movies you could also check out the British film 'The Cruel Sea' (1953) for that in the meantime.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045659/?ref_=kw_li_tt

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Im willing to give it a go soley on the dim recollection of the book its based on but......

Some of the boat's tower art is very overdone and way too stylized. I mean "we are the bad guys" overdone. Shouldnt be a big thing but in combination with Count Dracula apparently being in command of one of them ("Greyhound.....Good luck surviving the night....... (mwahhahaha)") Im more than prepared for disappointment.

From the trailer its like Jerry Bruckheimer does Cruel Sea but in its long form, and if it stays at least partially true to the themes and tensions in the Good Shepherd, it may pan out better.

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

So basically an U-Boat movie from the destroyers captain's perspective? That's awesome! I will see this for sure. When the trailer first popped up on my Youtube a few days ago I skipped it and thought that it was just a new trailer for this "masterpiece":

My expectations from Hollywood are so low these days that they can’t possibly disappoint...

And yet they manage to. :doh:

I am totally expecting an all female reboot of Top-Gun.

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

• 2 weeks later...

I am totally expecting an all female reboot of Top-Gun.

As long as they do the shirtless beach volleyball scene, I'm OK with that. :music_whistling:

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Except ... the CGI looks way too modern and clean-looking, they should have added filmgrain or at least made it less glossy and lower the color saturation of the water.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Looks promising :lol:

Definitely going to go and see it when it comes out over here :smilewink:

System: Win10 Pro 64-bit, AMD Ryzen 7 3800X @ 4.5 GHz, Bequiet Pure Rock,Gigabyte Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti FTW3 11GB, 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3000, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB, WD 1TB, Samsung curved 32" HD + Samsung 27" gaming monitor + HP Reverb G1.

Hardware: VPC Mongoose T50 CM2 base with 220mm ext. & Warthog-grip, WW Super Taurus throttle, MFG Crosswind V2, TrackIR5,3x  TM MFD's with screens, Elgato Stream Deck, Buddy Fox A-10c UFC, MULTIPURPOSE UFC, Logitech flight panels (switch + radio panel), WW F18 startup & combat panel, MT desk mount's & flight chair.