[CHECKING] Spontaneous JHMCS

dawgie79

I noticed today the JHMCS turned on despite the fact I didn't turn it on. I also couldn't switch it off anymore, it kept switching back to the minimal brightness setting.

A bug maybe? Not a big one but it is a bit annoying to see the HUD everywhere when it's not needed. :)

Trackfile:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnszBgY3q-WbgjFqrEtWoC0tzPYd?e=TuzyHp

Edited by dawgie79

You could try uploading it to Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive if you've got any account related to one of those (like YouTube or Skype). Or try Zippyshare if you're not German (there's always something we're not allowed to access directly on the internet though). Alternatively, I've just discovered anonfile. Provides hosting for up to 20GB per file without requiring an account. You'll get a link for sharing after uploading that you can put here.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Did you by chance press the "stock key bind" that is within DCS that toggles the JHMCS on/off ? Haven't noticed any issues personally, although I have not flown with the most recent update for the OpenBeta yet.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Nope, didn't press anything by accident, I'm certain of that. :)

Copy that.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I saw it come on in your track, took control and was able to turn it off, and it never came back on, is this repeatable every time for you? Perhaps you have some controls crossed somewhere?

Since a week and a half, after the DCS 2.5.5.34864 Open Beta version update.

Only bindings I changed where labels on/off, and I mapped those on my keyboard. No controls crossed otherwise, was the first thing I checked. Also I don't have the HMD knob bindings assigned, since I don't use the JHMCS not that often.

And I can't turn it off when it happens, it keeps switching back on after a few seconds. Weird it doesn't do that when you take control. I'll check my bindings again tomorrow, just to be sure it actually isn't a controls crossing. :)

Edited by dawgie79

I saw it come on in your track, took control and was able to turn it off, and it never came back on, is this repeatable every time for you? Perhaps you have some controls crossed somewhere?

Have you guys had a chance to look at this?

Today I did a cleanup and a repair (although the only mod I have installed is the SimCopter mission ( https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=247334 ), and VAICOM PRO.

After cleanup and repair the problem unfortunately remains. No double bindings as I've said. It happens everytime when I'm flying the Hornet, no matter what mission or campaign. And I can't turn it off, it just switches itself back on again after a second.

I did fly but I've noticed I can't unsee it anymore and it's highly distracting. Even messed up some Case 1's because of this. :mad:

Appreciate:helpsmilie:

Edited by dawgie79

Did you try to unplug your controllers and fly with keyboard only?

Did that. And then all was ok. So, thanks! Seems to be something with the bindings from my HOTAS.

Just one more question then; is there a way you can reset the controller bindings completly, just for one aircraft? so I can rebind with a clean slate. :)

• ED Team
Did that. And then all was ok. So, thanks! Seems to be something with the bindings from my HOTAS.

Just one more question then; is there a way you can reset the controller bindings completly, just for one aircraft? so I can rebind with a clean slate. :)

Go into Saved Games

\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input

Find the module you want to wipe, and you can either delete the whole folder or open it and just delete the controllers you want to wipe.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png