RAZBAM might wanna talk to this guy

Hummingbird

great find!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Good ol' Art Nalls. He's got himself three Harriers, actually. At least, he's trying to import a T.8 last time I heard and he has a GR.3 for parts. His current bird is the FA.2, which is a monster in terms of performance when compared to the GR.7/GR.9.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Just the fuel, and storage costs alone must be HUUUGE, let alone the maintenance costs....

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Good ol' Art Nalls. He's got himself three Harriers, actually. At least, he's trying to import a T.8 last time I heard and he has a GR.3 for parts. His current bird is the FA.2, which is a monster in terms of performance when compared to the GR.7/GR.9.

The GR.7 & 9 are both lighter than the FA.2 whilst featuring the same engine and a larger wing with LERX, so that seems abit strange :huh:

Cool vid, thanks for posting. I have a new appreciation for the Harrier now.

In any event, I read he paid only about 2.5m Euros or $2.7m US dollars (I figured would be double that amount - so not bad) - see below for article. He hasn't divulged what he has paid for it though. I hadn't read the whole article, but looks like it costs about $175 per MINUTE to fly and not sure about maint. costs which gotta be outrageous.

Anyhow here's the article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-2079321/Royal-Navy-Sea-Harrier-Meet-man-loved-jump-jets-bought-lovingly-restored-working-order.html

Good day,

DrDetroit

The GR.7 & 9 (or Harrier II) did differ from the Sea Harrier in some ways though, namely in terms of avionics and aerodynamic enhancements:

qW7EDO6.png

However I'm sure Art Nalls has a wealth of information on these later iterations as well.

Edited by Hummingbird

^ Nice marketing piece ;)

The new "supercritical" composite wing was bigger, by 2.69 square meters (29 square feet), and had reduced sweep, 36 degrees instead of 40

Despite the uprated engine and the lower weight, the AV-8B was about 80 KPH (50 MPH) slower than the AV-8A. The Marines didn't care. They wanted a "bomb truck" with greater payload and endurance, not a "hot rod". In compensation, the AV-8B was more agile in air combat than the AV-8A.

http://www.airvectors.net/avav8_3.html

And there's a lot of GR.5/7/9-specific information in that article for anyone who's interested.

Edited by emg

I use " ;) " to show I'm joking, maybe I'm getting old? :p

Joking aside, it almost reads like a marketing piece, as if the 2nd gen Harrier improved on absolutely everything from the 1st gen.

It pretty much did, only thing that got worse was speed :)

Acceleration, handling, load carrying capability etc etc all improved drastically with the Harrier II project.

Anyway it's not a marketing piece at all, it's very good book actually with lots of first hand accounts and source material from former and still active Harrier pilots. Definitely recommend it. There's a good preview on google books just incase.