Pilot in the cockpit for VR

trigen

Apologies if this is already mentioned. Couldn't really find anything.

While i realize this is not a top priority i would very much like to get a pilot in the seat for VR. This for me is a huge part of the immersion and also a really good tool for getting to the correct seating position and 1:1 with the aircraft.

Hope to see this really soon.

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

I'm sure it'll be added soon

Quoting a certain somebody (19 months ago :music_whistling: :P)

Screenshot_20200907-174103_YouTube.thumb.jpg.138bac6d15db875179e78166cbe79723.jpg

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I fly in VR and never have the pilot body switched on (where available in other modules) - my reasoning being that there are so many controls blocked by the body, and I am unable to move 'my' limbs out of the way as required.

How do those who like the VR body get around that?

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

I fly in VR and never have the pilot body switched on (where available in other modules) - my reasoning being that there are so many controls blocked by the body, and I am unable to move 'my' limbs out of the way as required.

You pretty much only need side wall panel access during startup (and even then, you'll need it only about what? 10%? 20%?). I've bound the hide body key to one of the HOTAS buttons to quickly switch on/off (I only really use the ones on the grips anyway, because: PointCTRL)

Of course, automatically moving limbs (for instance when the cursor is moved there) would be fantastic. But even without that feature, I rather have the arms block switches occasionally, instead of sitting in an empty cockpit. Everyone who ever sat in the cockpit of a fighter jet knows how tight and snug you sit in it. And for the pilot to verify if his muscle memory touches the correct switch on the side wall panel, he/she would have to turn and shift his entire body to be able to do so.

But I know there's many more (VR) folks here that always have the pilot body turned off. Some of them are probably dev's (I know BN mentioned he hardly ever uses it). That might be one of the reasons why implementation of this feature has such a low priority with dev's and makes some of us have to beg for it for so long and so often

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I have a button mapped on my KB to turn pilot body on/off. Every time I need to see something on the consoles I switch it off. But mostly I have everything I need during flight mapped on my HOTAS, so I almost never have to turn pilot body off, except when cold starting aircraft.