Running request - Bindable Button / Axis options

maverickturner

The new Jester BVR / Radar keybinds.

A Radar Range CW / CCW option, to avoid having to map 6 keybinds.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

The new Jester BVR / Radar keybinds.

A Radar Range CW / CCW option, to avoid having to map 6 keybinds.

Or rather an increase/decrease. The DDD range is individual push buttons. You’re thinking of the TID range knob. They can be adjusted separate as RIO.

Although as pilot you’d want them in sync most likely. (As it is ATM).

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't see it on the updated list on the OP so I'm mentioning it specifically here. Especially since it is required for a cold start.

I'd like to see the following please:

Button Bind:

Emergency Wing Sweep Handle (Move Forward)

Emergency Wing Sweep Handle (Move Back)

Axis Bind:

Emergency Wing Sweep Handle

“If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly.”

― Nick Lappos

"If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing."

― Chuck Yeager

"Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."

― Shane Patton

I'm new to DCS in general and especially to modifying the .lua files. I've built some custom button boxes and would like to get some additional axes added. I was able to get the wing sweep lever working with the help of this thread.

What did you do to be able to bind the Wing Sweep lever?

“If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly.”

― Nick Lappos

"If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing."

― Chuck Yeager

"Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."

― Shane Patton

You can add Emergency Wing Sweep lever as an axis in your joystick lua file, see this post in another thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4331725&postcount=35

Major Wintermute :joystick:

PC: i7 4770K - ASUS Z97 Deluxe - 16 Gb RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080 - 27" BenQ XL2720Z - HOTAS Warthog - TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals - MFD Cougar pack - TrackIR 5

DCS Modules: AJS-37 Viggen - A-10C I/II Warthog - F-16C Viper - F-14B Tomcat - F/A-18C Hornet - Su-33 Flanker-D - Su-25 Frogfoot - P-51D Mustang

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Adding key binds to the HUD TRIM dial would be greatly appreciated.

This will allow to easily raise and lower the pitch trim in the HUD and place it on the horizon line for level flying without the use of attitude indicator or the VSI.

• 1 month later...

HSD selected heading would be very nice. One of the only things I'll still have to use the mouse for on either startup, takeoff, or carrier trap when my button box is finished.

Analog for HSD brightness would be nice, too.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

PDCP: Steer mode next and previous.

Also adding another vote for HUD and VDI trim knobs as an axis. It's a real pain to try to mouse those knobs while holding pitch on the stick.

Yes, both of these, especially the steer mode.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

I am going to make another request about the WPN TYPE. This is nearly impossible to use in VR as you have to zoom all the way in to read it and once you hover a cursor over it (no keybind I have seen) the popup tag covers the display so you have to wait for that to go away before you can adjust anything.

{down = device_commands.FIRESYSTEM_Bottle_Fire_L, cockpit_device_id = devices.FIRE, value_down = 1, name = _('Fire Ext Bottle - Left'), category = _('Fire System')},
{down = device_commands.FIRESYSTEM_Bottle_Fire_R, cockpit_device_id = devices.FIRE, value_down = 1, name = _('Fire Ext Bottle - Right'), category = _('Fire System')},

The fuel cutoff switches work great, but I get a "Unhandled Proxy Command 3060, val=nil" message when I try to use the bottles.

Please add these to the keybindings, as they are impossible to get to in the cockpit without some serious contortioning, and even then it's difficult because the hotspot is slightly offset from the button.

And speaking of hard to reach useful buttons, I would like to reiterate my request to map the stopwatch button at the RIO station.

I am going to make another request about the WPN TYPE. This is nearly impossible to use in VR as you have to zoom all the way in to read it and once you hover a cursor over it (no keybind I have seen) the popup tag covers the display so you have to wait for that to go away before you can adjust anything.

You should be using the TID repeat option if you're using VR so it shows the weapon type on the TID when the pilot has HUD set to A/G

Hydraulic Transfer Pump really need a binding for Open Cover and Forward/Off and a separate for Close Cover / On.

Doesn't appear to be any bindings for Emergency Flight Hydraulics switch? Given that it's a weird off-on-on possible to do something like an incrementing Open Cover to Middle/Low to Forward/High and opposite ending with closed? Would like to use a momentary on/off/on.... Probably be best for me individually to bind the cover opening to the first switch (Mid/Low) and the closing to the off since I'll have my own cover on there to protect from presses.

Not even sure these are functionally working yet or useful, though I do use them on the startup procedures.

Edit: actually thinking with momentary on-off-on might be best to have switch cover toggles open and closed for each and then toggle Emergency Flight Hydraulics from Aft to Middle and then Forward. Similarly, Hydraulic Transfer Pump up would start aft and toggle to fwd and back.

That way opening and closing a real switch cover engaging & disengaging the bottom "on" opens and closes the virtual cover and then flicking the switch up toggles the state. Hmmm but is it possible for the lua to know to turn it off when the function toggle turned off?

Edited by Uxi

Specs & Wishlist:

The Default Keybinds in the RIO Pit for the ARC-159 seem to be fine, but the Default Keybinds are broken for the ARC-182

With the ARC-182 the increase and decrease keybinds seem to control the Squelch switch on or off depending on where you put the Radio Volume

If Radio Volume (using Mouse) is above 50% both keybinds turn the Squelch On

If Radio Volume (Using Mouse) is below 50% both keybinds turn the Squelch Off

i9-9900KS CPU @ 5.1GHz, Win10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte Z390 Master Mobo, Corsair Vengance 64GB 3000Mhz Ram, 1 x ADATA SX8200 Pro 1Tb Drive (OS), 1 x ADATA SX8200 Pro 512Gb Drive (DCS), 1 x RTX 2080Ti AORUS Waterforce 11Gb, 3 x 27" ACER Predator 2560x1440px, 27" LG 2560x1440px HP Reverb G2, TrackIR5, HOTAS Warthog Throttle and Stick, 3 x HOTAS Cougar MFCDs, Elgato Streamdeck & Streamdeck XL

The Default Keybinds in the RIO Pit for the ARC-159 seem to be fine

What? RIO has AN/ARC-182. Pilot has -159.

Btw: I request SC "Salute" binding.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

What? RIO has AN/ARC-182. Pilot has -159.

Btw: I request SC "Salute" binding.

Yep I am aware the Pilot has the -159 but the RIO has ARC-159 Volume and Display Brightness and these binds are functioning properly.

Full Radio is ARC-182 as you say, Volume Binds do not work.

Edited by goldleader

i9-9900KS CPU @ 5.1GHz, Win10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte Z390 Master Mobo, Corsair Vengance 64GB 3000Mhz Ram, 1 x ADATA SX8200 Pro 1Tb Drive (OS), 1 x ADATA SX8200 Pro 512Gb Drive (DCS), 1 x RTX 2080Ti AORUS Waterforce 11Gb, 3 x 27" ACER Predator 2560x1440px, 27" LG 2560x1440px HP Reverb G2, TrackIR5, HOTAS Warthog Throttle and Stick, 3 x HOTAS Cougar MFCDs, Elgato Streamdeck & Streamdeck XL

Yep I am aware the Pilot has the -159 but the RIO has ARC-159 Volume and Display Brightness and these binds are functioning properly.

Full Radio is ARC-182 as you say, Volume Binds do not work.

ok, I understand now

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 weeks later...

Ah built my button box with the Air Flow control push buttons... but no bindings.

Possible to get more added one of these patches?

Specs & Wishlist:

< sigh > Even with the TID repeater I still find it tedious to manipulate the WNP TYP wheel. I have plenty of open buttons when I am the RIO. As for Salute... I wish we could just salute with a VR controller (move to head and back out). but isn't LShift-U Salute? Or was that only pre SC?