Historical Mode

Fri13

Introduced Historical mode filter in the ME.

The historical mode is designed to facilitate the creation of historical mission scenarios. If the author of the mission wants to use equipment only for a given year, he can click on the small button with a clock in the bottom line of the Mission Editor, after which all lists of equipment and aircraft are filtered out for a given year. The lists will show only those aircraft or equipment that were in service with the selected country in a given year. This mode can be turned on and off in the process of creating a mission if you need to select objects outside a given year.

THANK YOU for listening and implementing such a great tool to help build a better missions!

The person at ED who needs to go through all the weapons and aircrafts to find their proper year when they were developed ready (I hope so, instead taken in service) could benefit from a nice hug at the office!

• Like 4

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The person at ED who needs to go through all the weapons and aircrafts to find their proper year when they were developed ready (I hope so, instead taken in service) could benefit from a nice hug at the office!

Indeed, that must have been quite a lot of researching work as a lot of this information can't just be found on wiki! So thanks a lot indeed :thumbup:

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Bandwagon Upvote! Great feature.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

It's a nice feature, but it needs a bit of tuning, for example for Spain on 1980 it does not show the F-5:

NhyJvl0.jpg

Maybe because it is not the exact same version? (Spain received the F-5A,B and M, while DCS's is the F-5E) I don't think so, as for the Phantom Spain used the F-4C not the E.

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

THANK YOU for listening and implementing such a great tool to help build a better missions!

Without wanting to take a thing away from it, because it is a nice new feature indeed, there is probably a bit of documentation beyond public wikipedia lying around at ED somewhere anyway and service dates should be comparably easy to look up. It's just a matter of having one or two employees have the time to go through them and compile a list.

Without wanting to take a thing away from it, because it is a nice new feature indeed, there is probably a bit of documentation beyond public wikipedia lying around at ED somewhere anyway and service dates should be comparably easy to look up. It's just a matter of having one or two employees have the time to go through them and compile a list.

No one said that this kind of info is difficult to obtain, just that it is a lot of research work.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Btw (and sorry for small OT), what is it this button COMBAT / ALL:

WrTdTlCm.jpg

I see it from some time ago but never used it.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Btw (and sorry for small OT), what is it this button COMBAT / ALL:

WrTdTlCm.jpg

I see it from some time ago but never used it.

It allows you to select between the nations which are "In combat" or ALL nations.

So when you set the sides when entering ME it switches between those and all of them. Very cool

So you can add some neutral aircraft etc at least thats what i gathered from it

No one said that this kind of info is difficult to obtain, just that it is a lot of research work.

Indeed .. the historic database has around 5,000 records, so it is easy to imagine that there are some errors:

qEA2Gho.jpg

For example, Chile has had the UH-60 since 1998, but probably it was missed on this database because the Chilean Air Force purchased them as Sikorsky S-70A rather than UH-60.

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

This is a great feature indeed!! Quick question though..... does it only apply to Ai aircraft or does it also apply to player aircraft and limit the weapons available to load? For instance, an F/A-18C from Desert Storm is not going to have AMRAAMs or JDAM or LGBs. Does the time setting limit this as well?

• Like 1

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

It applies to any aircraft when trying to place a new one (haven't checked to see what happens if you turn the mode on after an aircraft has been placed, probably nothing). At the moment it doesn't have a database for weapons.

• Thanks 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

My question:

Does (or will) this apply to equipment in game or just in Mission Editor? To elaborate, when making multiplayer missions in historic mode will it limit ground crew to rearming aircraft with era appropriate munitions or will we still have to limit that by editing warehouses?

12900K | MSI Z690 | STRIX RTX3090 | 64GB DDR4 3600MHz | NVMe Storage gen3 | Custom Loop | Valve Index

My question:

Does (or will) this apply to equipment in game or just in Mission Editor? To elaborate, when making multiplayer missions in historic mode will it limit ground crew to rearming aircraft with era appropriate munitions or will we still have to limit that by editing warehouses?

It only filters the units you can place in the ME. Nothing more.

Tornado3 small.jpg

It allows you to select between the nations which are "In combat" or ALL nations.

So when you set the sides when entering ME it switches between those and all of them. Very cool

So you can add some neutral aircraft etc at least thats what i gathered from it

Thx for reply!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 5 months later...

cool new feature just found it. Might be worth a crew of people to get together and mod this file to be correct?. Not sure if its Work In Progress for ED or is the final version of the file. Personally I would love to see the weapon loadouts change for the era too, if it is possible.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2021 at 9:13 PM, SaxonRaider said:

Personally I would love to see the weapon loadouts change for the era too, if it is possible.

This! I was just trying to build a realistic 1 on 1 in 1985, Tomcat vs Fulcrum. I'm having to search the internet to find which versions of which missile were available in that particular year. Hope you can do it. Could even have separate toggle button in the ME. 'Historical Weapons' on/off.

• Like 2

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM