[NOT REALISTIC] Sound when throttle enters afterburner

dawgie79

Like the recently released F-14B, I would really like a sound which you can use as feedback to know when you engage the afterburner, maybe a click-sound or something, as one can hear in the F-14B.

For those of us not using the Warthog throttle, and/or finger lifts, but just kinda guess while checking the IFEI when advancing the throttle, it would come in real handy. :)

Just a thought.

Thanks.

Why is this automatically marked as [NOT REALISTIC] in all caps?

Realistically, we could feel when the jet goes into afterburner if we were actually flying it.

Since we're sitting in an office chair and have no physical sensory perception linked to the jet, having an audio cue would help those that don't have any detents.

Just blindly using the "realism" label is premature and needs to be thought over.

Agreed. Although not realistic, it will be a helpful addition to us non-detent-throttle users. :)

Like StandingCow says, the TDC slew is not realistic as well, and was done specifically for Warthog users at first (I disabled realistic TDC slew as well, so it benefits more than just Warthog-users). So why not this for non-Warthog (detent) users?

So I would still like to opt for it. :)

Thanks again.

Great idea! The audible feedback when entering AB in some of the modules (not just the F-14; at least the Viggen has it as well) is a brilliant addition. Just a tiny detail to help us sim pilots understand better what's happening.

Even with a custom 3D printed TM Warthog detent, I would still find this beneficial; ideally, it could be enabled/disabled via the module's "Special" tab. :thumbup:

what do you mean there is no detent? the throttle range switch makes for an excellent software detent

if anything its the f-14 that needs to get rid of its hollywood sfx and add in a software detent feature instead

You want to take out "hollywood sfx" cues for afterburner due to realism, but replace it with an afterburner button that doesn't exist in the real jet?

What?

Like the recently released F-14B, I would really like a sound which you can use as feedback to know when you engage the afterburner, maybe a click-sound or something, as one can hear in the F-14B.

For those of us not using the Warthog throttle, and/or finger lifts, but just kinda guess while checking the IFEI when advancing the throttle, it would come in real handy. :)

Just a thought.

Agree, just a audible click to simulate the use of the RL finger lifts or something.

I've no certainty if I'm in Mil power or afterburner without switching to F2 and looking, anything else is just guesswork.

Even if IRL I'd never hear the finger lifts wearing a helmet, I'm guessing, I'd feel them or the throttle action and be in no doubt what the aircraft was doing.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

+1

I remember requesting this in general as well, not for any specific aircraft type, just DCS-wide: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=174213

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com