Disable the Thrustmaster Hotas Lights?

Hi guys. I've been using the Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas for awhile now, but have never really figured how to turn the green backlights off from the throttle controls.

It's never been an issue as I don't often look down when using but recently saw a review which showed the throttle unlit while in use.

Any ideas how to turn off? Can this be mapped in game to a keyboard command?

Thanks.

If you use target programming software, you can map a switch on your warthog to turn it on and off. as far as I know there are no options to turn it on and off with a keyboard command.

If you don't want to use your hotas switches, you can always choose to just turn them off in the target software.

If you don't want to use your hotas switches, you can always choose to just turn them off in the target software.

Will they stay off permanently even if target is not active?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

if you go to target gui, on the throttle side under the picture a button says control led's. if you use this they stay at whatever level you want regardless of using target

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

if you go to target gui, on the throttle side under the picture a button says control led's. if you use this they stay at whatever level you want regardless of using target

So the firmware will keep track of it's last state? I'm not really fond of TARGET so i'd like to keep it off my system, but i would like to turn off the LEDs.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I installed TARGET in order to turn off the LED's, then immediately uninstalled it. They remained off.

Nice to know. I have my LEDs off but I use Target so I had not discovered that.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 3 years later...
So the firmware will keep track of it's last state? I'm not really fond of TARGET so i'd like to keep it off my system, but i would like to turn off the LEDs.

Target script is actually a good tool that gives you a lot of possibilities that FOXY never was able to.

That said i too can confirm that firmware will keep track of the state of the LED's. If turned off they remain off with or without TARGET.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Despite the fact that the original problem was quite old ;) I'd like to offer two code-snippets:

Toggle the Throttle-LEDs via APU-Switch:

int LEDoff = LED(&Throttle, LED_INTENSITY, 0);
int LEDon  = LED(&Throttle, LED_INTENSITY, 50);
MapKey(&Throttle, APUON,  PULSE+LEDon);
MapKey(&Throttle, APUOFF, PULSE+LEDoff);

When starting the aircraft via "LWIN+Pos1", use the lower throttle detent for sending the key-sequence when pushing the throttle up - and send "LWIN+End" when moving the throttle into the lower detent.

LEDs will act accordingly: Start = LED on ; Shutdown = LED off.

int LEDoff = LED(&Throttle, LED_INTENSITY, 0);
int LEDon  = LED(&Throttle, LED_INTENSITY, 50);
define Startup_Seq  PULSE+CHAIN(L_WIN,USB[0x4A])
define Shutdown_Seq PULSE+CHAIN(L_WIN,USB[0x4D])
MapKey(&Throttle, IDLELON, CHAIN(LEDoff, D(), Shutdown_Seq));
MapKeyR(&Throttle, IDLELON, CHAIN(LEDon, D(), Startup_Seq));

No matter how many times I do it it Target, everytime I unplug and plug the throttles, the LED intensity resets to the 2nd notch, as if it is not saved or something. Pitty those LEDs are so bright even in te lowest intensity.

Is it possible to numerically assign an intensity from a config file? I'd like domething like half or a third of te lowest Target intensity. It might be also nice to switch them on/off with the lights switch (pinky in the throttle)

Is it possible to numerically assign an intensity from a config file?

no.

I'd like domething like half or a third of te lowest Target intensity. It might be also nice to switch them on/off with the lights switch (pinky in the throttle)

Ehm... My first code-snippet is not working with your setup?

Just assign it to a switch, which is more suitable for you.

And play around with the value "50" there. That's the brightness.

no.

Ehm... My first code-snippet is not working with your setup?

Just assign it to a switch, which is more suitable for you.

And play around with the value "50" there. That's the brightness.

Ok, the "play around with the value 50" part is what I meant with my question about te config file. In what file is that those lines of code are or should go?

Sorry, maybe really noob questions but coding is not my thing.

Thanks for the help.

Ok, the "play around with the value 50" part is what I meant with my question about te config file. In what file is that those lines of code are or should go?

Sorry, maybe really noob questions but coding is not my thing.

Thanks for the help.

Ah.. ok... that's an explanation.

Start TARGET and switch over to the programming mode (meaning: not the mode with programming by graphics).

The file should look similar to this:

include "target.tmh"

int main()

{

}

int EventHandle(int type, alias o, int x)

{

DefaultMapping(&o, x);

}

Just put the code at the "....", compile & let it run.

• 8 months later...

Here you go, thought I'd try my hand at a little utility to disable the lights without using TARGET:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38908412/WarthogLightsOff.zip

Let me know if it works for you - you probably need some sort of .NET framework installed... probably.

You could set up a Startup shortcut to WarthogLightsOff.exe if you wanted.

All the best,

Tene

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Here you go, thought I'd try my hand at a little utility to disable the lights without using TARGET:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38908412/WarthogLightsOff.zip

Let me know if it works for you - you probably need some sort of .NET framework installed... probably.

You could set up a Startup shortcut to WarthogLightsOff.exe if you wanted.

All the best,

Tene

Can you share the sources? I would like to increase the led intensity without target...

• 2 months later...

Hi guys. If want to permanently disable the LED backlights. At the moment I do so by using the Target software:

mJq5Lbn.jpg

However, each time I shut down my computer and completely cutoff standby power, then the lights will again be lit when turning the computer on. It seems that it can not remember its last state when cutting also standby power.

Does anyone know a solution? Is it possible to create a "turn-off script" which Target automatically runs at each startup?

There is no programming of the actual warthog. Everything is done via the software and drivers.

So when it reboots the warthog is reset to default - lights on.

You could use the above utility to turn off the lights on startup, or run a warthog script at startup to shut down the lights - as per the hints in the thread.

• 3 months later...

Hi Tenebrous!

Could you please compile another .exe file to shut it on again?

That would be really great, so it can be turned ON/OFF by script:music_whistling:

Regards,

Terrorvogel

P.S.

With which software can it be compiled and where´s exactly the parameter to change the led intensity?

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

• 4 weeks later...

Once you have set the LEDs to off in Target, you can close the program. Unless you disconnect the throttle unit by unplugging the USB connection, the lights will remain off permanently.

No need for scripts etc, just run Target once, turn them off, and leave the throttle plugged in.

Once you have set the LEDs to off in Target, you can close the program. Unless you disconnect the throttle unit by unplugging the USB connection, the lights will remain off permanently.

No need for scripts etc, just run Target once, turn them off, and leave the throttle plugged in.

:thumbup:

This - I was about to say the same, I turned mine off in TARGET quite some time ago and they stay off for me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|